In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
ZRX61

Re: In todays news...

Post by ZRX61 »

irie wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:53 pm To rattle the CCP cage Blinken must be doing well.
More than Kerry, that useless fuck went to China & they refused to even meet him.
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

Them electric bus's don't half throw out some emmisions :wtf:
https://metro.co.uk/2024/01/11/critical ... ending-now
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

After having just read that I thought it would appear on here,the mind boggles at the world some people inhabit.Imagine being in the police & having to watch the video evidence :shock: :wtf:
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

I read the first couple of lines then hastily navigated away. I really don't need to see or read about that kind of shit.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Imagine being in the police & having to watch the video evidence :shock: :wtf:
People are paying money to watch that! 🤢
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

JackyJoll wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:36 pm
Imagine being in the police & having to watch the video evidence :shock: :wtf:
People are paying money to watch that! 🤢
Wow,even some of the weird loons I used to work with would draw the line at that :shock:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Trump just won Iowa by a landslide... Liberal media refuses to show his victory speech, but did take the time to talk about how he hates immigrants.

They did mention he won, but also stated they weren't going to air *hate speech*... So the media are refusing to air speeches by a guy who represents half the country.
David

Post by David »

So far he only represents half off the republicans in Iowa who could be arsed to vote....
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

David wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:41 pm So far he only represents half off the republicans in Iowa who could be arsed to vote....
Yeah. Iowa has a population of 3 million. He picked up 110,298 votes...51% of the turnout (of registered Republican voters).
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

So far he doesn't represent anyone, what with not having any current active political position.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:51 am So far he doesn't represent anyone, what with not having any current active political position.
Unfortunately that situation may not last. :cry:
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

More miscarriages of justice, how do the police explain their behavior that led to:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67957726
Eighteen months later, the teenager lodges a fresh set of false sexual allegations against her second victim, who spends 10 weeks in prison before being released.
He and two of her other male victims went on to try to take their own lives.
The men weren't convicted but their lives were still wrecked by the police just on the words of one person.
David

Post by David »

Scary....!!!!!

(the Trump thing)
JamJar

Post by JamJar »

Mussels wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:23 am More miscarriages of justice, how do the police explain their behavior that led to:
Eighteen months later, the teenager lodges a fresh set of false sexual allegations against her second victim, who spends 10 weeks in prison before being released.
The men weren't convicted but their lives were still wrecked by the police just on the words of one person.
Police can’t win can they, if they ignore accusations that are true they are vilified and if they believe false claims the same is true.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

JamJar wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:06 am
Mussels wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:23 am More miscarriages of justice, how do the police explain their behavior that led to:
Police can’t win can they, if they ignore accusations that are true they are vilified and if they believe false claims the same is true.
Blackstone's ratio.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackstone%27s_ratio
It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer.
Wiki wrote:The phrase was absorbed by the British legal system, becoming a maxim by the early 19th century
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I don't use this word with full force, but it works for this type of woman - I HATE women like this. The devastation of lives is horrific and the possibility that actual victims are less likely to be believed is as bad.

The police have to be seen to investigate. The men's lives were wrecked by the lies, not by police actions. The actions/investigations have to happen after the allegations. But the responsibility for the lives of those men being wrecked lies firmly with the woman who, for whatever bizarre reason, decided to make up a story. Not once, but three or more times. WTAF.

I am always horrified about how awful humans can be
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Noggin wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:39 pm

I don't use this word with full force, but it works for this type of woman - I HATE women like this. The devastation of lives is horrific and the possibility that actual victims are less likely to be believed is as bad.

The police have to be seen to investigate. The men's lives were wrecked by the lies, not by police actions. The actions/investigations have to happen after the allegations. But the responsibility for the lives of those men being wrecked lies firmly with the woman who, for whatever bizarre reason, decided to make up a story. Not once, but three or more times. WTAF.

Her lies didn't decide to put someone in prison for ten weeks, the police did.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Mussels wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:40 pm

Surely that happened BECAUSE she lied? I mean, the police didn't just wander up to him and chuck him in prison because they felt like it. They had an accusation they had to follow up. If they didn't, they'd be vilified for not taking her seriously.

Yes, the police investigated and he was in prison for ten weeks - but the REASON was her lies.
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Noggin wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:43 pm
Mussels wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:40 pm

Surely that happened BECAUSE she lied? I mean, the police didn't just wander up to him and chuck him in prison because they felt like it. They had an accusation they had to follow up. If they didn't, they'd be vilified for not taking her seriously.

Yes, the police investigated and he was in prison for ten weeks - but the REASON was her lies.
Two wrongs don't make a right, the police were incompetent and abused their powers.
Credit to the copper who first called her a liar, that was brave.