MrLongbeard

Re: The Official Pleasing Purchase Thread

Post by MrLongbeard »

The wife actually listened :o , so

Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

MrLongbeard wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:25 pm The wife actually listened :o , so

Thems the oddest nipple clamps I've ever seen.
non quod, sed quomodo
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

MrLongbeard wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:25 pm The wife actually listened :o , so

Wtf are they?
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Taipan wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:03 pm
Wtf are they?
Fenn traps
David

Post by David »

So you have a Fenn infestation?
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

I just bought a NOCO battery booster. If it's as good as the one the recovery chap had (if and when needed), I'll be happy. OTOH I may have just bought an expensive torch/phone charger. :D

(Went to Halfords. Oh deary me. 75%+ of it seems to be bicycles, GPS's, roof/boot racks, car pimping products and dash cams. It's not the place for spanner merchants like it used to be...don't think I even spotted a socket set. :( ).
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

David wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:23 am So you have a Fenn infestation?
Not for much longer
Count Steer wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:43 pm I just bought a NOCO battery booster. If it's as good as the one the recovery chap had (if and when needed), I'll be happy. OTOH I may have just bought an expensive torch/phone charger. :D
Got one, it's sat in the boot unloved and unused for 2 years, coming once a year to top of its charge
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

MrLongbeard wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:53 pm
David wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:23 am So you have a Fenn infestation?
Not for much longer
Count Steer wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:43 pm I just bought a NOCO battery booster. If it's as good as the one the recovery chap had (if and when needed), I'll be happy. OTOH I may have just bought an expensive torch/phone charger. :D
Got one, it's sat in the boot unloved and unused for 2 years, coming once a year to top of its charge
Yeah, this one will probably be the same so I scaled back on the spec and didn't go for the 3000A version. :D

(I did ponder on whether you could run a 12v tyre inflator using it but the safety cut-out probably means not. I think the modern ones switch off after 1 minute of juice delivery).
Voltaire
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Count Steer wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:59 pm Yeah, this one will probably be the same so I scaled back on the spec and didn't go for the 3000A version.
I went for the 1000A GB40, which will apparently do up to 6L petrol & 3L diesel, which should be plenty.
Which remind me I need to buy https://no.co/gc008 and put it on my bike
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

MrLongbeard wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:04 pm
Count Steer wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:59 pm Yeah, this one will probably be the same so I scaled back on the spec and didn't go for the 3000A version.
Which remind me I need to buy https://no.co/gc008 and put it on my bike
Good idea. :thumbup: Wish I'd had that when I needed it. It would have saved having to take the tank off to get at the :angry-cussingblack: battery.

(I went for the 1250A).
Voltaire
Felix

Post by Felix »

A remap on my van. Only an extra 30BHP but you can tell instant its been done. Less effort to get up to the speed limits. Certainly quicker if i do put the boot down but it was not dont for that kind of shit. Van was struggling when i had a full load what is once or twice a week doing a tip run and my MPG was piss poor at anything from 25 to 27mpg. Fingers crossed that is better now i need less effort to get to speed. First gear is still shit but no remap will ever change that.
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Felix wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:44 pm A remap on my van. Only an extra 30BHP but you can tell instant its been done. Less effort to get up to the speed limits. Certainly quicker if i do put the boot down but it was not dont for that kind of shit. Van was struggling when i had a full load what is once or twice a week doing a tip run and my MPG was piss poor at anything from 25 to 27mpg. Fingers crossed that is better now i need less effort to get to speed. First gear is still shit but no remap will ever change that.
What van?
Be interested to hear fuel figures after 1000 miles
Felix

Post by Felix »

Demannu wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:37 pm
Felix wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:44 pm A remap on my van. Only an extra 30BHP but you can tell instant its been done. Less effort to get up to the speed limits. Certainly quicker if i do put the boot down but it was not done for that kind of shit. Van was struggling when i had a full load what is once or twice a week doing a tip run and my MPG was piss poor at anything from 25 to 27mpg. Fingers crossed that is better now i need less effort to get to speed. First gear is still shit but no remap will ever change that.
What van?
LDV Maxus. Its got the 2.5 VM engine that was used in some Jeeps. Van has been filled up and clock set to zero to start mpg comprising's :thumbup:

This is my idea of full load :D

Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Screenshot_20240112_141815_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20240112_141815_WhatsApp.jpg (307.51 KiB) Viewed 579 times
Felix

Post by Felix »

Felix wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:44 pm A remap on my van. Only an extra 30BHP but you can tell instant its been done. Less effort to get up to the speed limits. Certainly quicker if i do put the boot down but it was not dont for that kind of shit. Van was struggling when i had a full load what is once or twice a week doing a tip run and my MPG was piss poor at anything from 25 to 27mpg. Fingers crossed that is better now i need less effort to get to speed. First gear is still shit but no remap will ever change that.
What van?
@Demannu Did my sums today. Van did an average of 34.32MPG having the 30 horses more. May be more as i did a days work on that tank of fuel before the remap and never noted the miles when i hit the trip button. 25/30 miles was driven like we stole it just playing on the hills with the extra Oomph and the rest was driving sensible. Well worth the £200 :thumbup:
Potter

Post by Potter »

MrLongbeard wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:53 pm
Me too.
You only need it when you need it, and if you need it then you'll be glad you have one.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Bought an old writing bureau for our snug, I think it's 1930's but I haven't got a clue really, I don't know much about antiques, I just buy stuff I like.
It's a beautiful old thing, it wasn't expensive but I'd have gladly paid double for the amount of happiness it's given me, it's got a secret drawer and a few knocks and scratches, it's a bit rough in places and it was never a high end one to start with, but I can sit looking at it for ages wondering about who's owned it and what they did with it.

Mrs Potter bought a quill on a whim whilst we were out ages ago, she's always fancied one (we're into fountain pens and both write with one) and now she's got a place to put her quill :lol:
Attachments
sb.jpg
sb.jpg (619.97 KiB) Viewed 496 times
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

We had a bureau like that when I was living at home. I think it was still there when the house was cleared. It was in constant use and was the repository for many things, atlas, dictionary, scissors, string as well as the usual envelopes, pens, incoming letters/bills etc.

The response to 'Where's the ....' type questions was frequently 'In the bureau'. :)

I suspect it was pretty second hand when my parents got it.
Voltaire
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Give it a real good look over as they sometimes have a lot of secret compartments. If it has a secret drawer, look inside it see to if there is another that pulls open from the sides, but the release may be somewhere else! A lot of older bureaus were incredibly intricate in their secrecy!
Zimbo

Post by Zimbo »

Felix wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:11 pm
What van?
@Demannu Did my sums today. Van did an average of 34.32MPG having the 30 horses more. May be more as i did a days work on that tank of fuel before the remap and never noted the miles when i hit the trip button. 25/30 miles was driven like we stole it just playing on the hills with the extra Oomph and the rest was driving sensible. Well worth the £200 :thumbup:
£200 seems pretty reasonable, who did you use to remap it out of interest?