Israel's war with Hamas (and other Iran proxies)

Current affairs, Politics, News.
ZRX61

Re: Israel's war with Hamas (and other Iran proxies)

Post by ZRX61 »

demographic wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:23 am There's that "Right to Return" where even Jewish people who were born and raised 8n another country get the automatic right to "Return" to Israel (think theyre stretching the term Return a LOT) but they don't allow that for the Palestinians.

Its a proper aparteid state, moving into ethnic cleansing and genocide.

Wasn't there something recently where 800 genocide scholars signed a petition saying that what Israel were doing( for some time now) was genocide?
They weren't too happy about returning Ethiopian Jews either...
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

ZRX61 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:04 pm
demographic wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:23 am There's that "Right to Return" where even Jewish people who were born and raised 8n another country get the automatic right to "Return" to Israel (think theyre stretching the term Return a LOT) but they don't allow that for the Palestinians.

Its a proper aparteid state, moving into ethnic cleansing and genocide.

Wasn't there something recently where 800 genocide scholars signed a petition saying that what Israel were doing( for some time now) was genocide?
They weren't too happy about returning Ethiopian Jews either...
Interesting, I'd never heard about that til now.
Just googled it.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-32813056

Anyway, I said I'd have a ratch for info on the genocide front.
Taken from here...
https://www.commondreams.org/news/legal ... l-genocide
"More than 800 scholars of international law and genocide have signed a public statement arguing that the Israeli military may be committing genocidal acts against Palestinians in the Gaza Strip as the total siege and relentless airstrikes continue to inflict devastation on the occupied territory.

"As scholars and practitioners of international law, conflict studies, and genocide studies, we are compelled to sound the alarm about the possibility of the crime of genocide being perpetrated by Israeli forces against Palestinians in the Gaza Strip," reads the statement. "We do not do so lightly, recognizing the weight of this crime, but the gravity of the current situation demands it."

The scholars noted that Israel's yearslong blockade on Gaza—which has left much of the territory's population impoverished and without access to basic necessities—had previously been described as "slow-motion genocide" and cited a United Nations warning about Israelis' use of dehumanizing language, which is often a prelude to mass atrocities.

But the new statement contends that Israel's current assault on Gaza, launched in the wake of a deadly Hamas attack on October 7, is "unprecedented in scale and severity."

"The Gaza Strip has been subjected to incessant and indiscriminate bombardment by Israeli forces," the scholars wrote. "Israel's defense minister ordered a 'complete siege' of the Gaza Strip prohibiting the supply of fuel, electricity, water, and other essential necessities. This terminology itself indicates an intensification of an already illegal, potentially genocidal siege to an outright destructive assault."

The scholars also pointed to Israel's evacuation order aimed at the entire population of northern Gaza—roughly 1.1 million people—and subsequent Israeli attacks on civilian convoys fleeing to the south.

"Statements of Israeli officials since 7 October 2023 suggest that beyond the killings and restriction of basic conditions for life perpetrated against Palestinians in Gaza, there are also indications that the ongoing and imminent Israeli attacks on the Gaza Strip are being conducted with potentially genocidal intent," the scholars wrote."
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

BBC News says 8,000 of these Hamas pigs have been killed so far.

Reasonable result yeah?
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

JackyJoll wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:08 am BBC News says 8,000 of these Hamas pigs have been killed so far.

Reasonable result yeah?
I was wondering when the IDF was going to give a body count of terrorists... so 12,000+ bystanders...
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

ZRX61 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:40 am
JackyJoll wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:08 am BBC News says 8,000 of these Hamas pigs have been killed so far.

Reasonable result yeah?
I was wondering when the IDF was going to give a body count of terrorists... so 12,000+ bystanders...
That sort of thing is why war isn’t nice.
westers151

Post by westers151 »

Cunts, the lot of them, is my considered response, m'lud.
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Reasonable result yeah?
Is the BBC still using the figures quoted by Hamas?
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Mr Moofo wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:41 am

Reasonable result yeah?
They always qualify them by pointing out the figures are from the 'Hamas operated health authority' or similar. Where else can they get figures from?
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

I wonder if corrected figures will come out afterwards.
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Count Steer wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:49 am
Mr Moofo wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:41 am
They always qualify them by pointing out the figures are from the 'Hamas operated health authority' or similar. Where else can they get figures from?
But they then need to be treated in the same way as the Kremlin's figures on war dead and war crimes. I am not trying to stir any pot - but just point out that a whole raft of the media output from Gaza is Hamas sourced. There seem to be many people in the UK who see to think that it comes from independent sources. Neither side are behaving very well - Hamas could release hostages and then Israeli could back off. Israeli could stop the indiscriminate carpet bombing aided by the USA - but Hamas need to re-assess the end point
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

JackyJoll wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:48 am I wonder if corrected figures will come out afterwards.

What, like excess deaths?
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

I’m sure all casualties of armed conflict are excess deaths!
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Mr Moofo wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:59 am
but Hamas need to re-assess the end point
Only if they have similar thought processes to you and me.

So not if they are actually seeking martyrdom.
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

JackyJoll wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:28 am
Mr Moofo wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:59 am
but Hamas need to re-assess the end point
Only if they have similar thought processes to you and me.

So not if they are actually seeking martyrdom.
The Hamas big cheeses will not be considering martyrdom - they want the little people to do that.
The Israelis may have a different view
demographic

Post by demographic »

JackyJoll wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:48 am I wonder if corrected figures will come out afterwards.
Like the 1400 Isralies killed by Hamas on Oct the 7th that got revized down to 1100 or so later, then the ones killed by Isralie helecopters firing Hellfire missiles into Kibbutses (sp?) In a mad panic?

We seem to be trusting the IDF when they say that every person they kill with dumb bombs was either a member of Hamas or a human shield used by Hamas.
They've levelled entire districts, ordered people to go to the southern area then committed genocide on them when they got there.

Thats after decades of stealing their land (against UN law just in case you missed it) and forcing them to live in smaller and smaller areas in an apartied state.
Then settlers have been wrecking their homes, shooting them, killing their cattle/ sheep/goats/setting fire to their olive trees yada yada. Just trying the get rid of them, thats ethnic cleansingand its supported by the IDF.

Poor isralie settlers eh?
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

demographic wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:06 pm
Like the 1400 Isralies killed by Hamas on Oct the 7th that got revized down to 1100 or so later, then the ones killed by Isralie helecopters firing Hellfire missiles into Kibbutses (sp?) In a mad panic?

We seem to be trusting the IDF when they say that every person they kill with dumb bombs was either a member of Hamas or a human shield used by Hamas.
They've levelled entire districts, ordered people to go to the southern area then committed genocide on them when they got there.

Thats after decades of stealing their land (against UN law just in case you missed it) and forcing them to live in smaller and smaller areas in an apartied state.
Then settlers have been wrecking their homes, shooting them, killing their cattle/ sheep/goats/setting fire to their olive trees yada yada. Just trying the get rid of them, thats ethnic cleansingand its supported by the IDF.

Poor isralie settlers eh?

It’s “Israeli.” I’d never deny you the help you need with your literacy in your own native language.

Anyway, do you ever worry that you’re taking a partisan outlook, on the issue?
demographic

Post by demographic »

The things that were perpetrated on the jewish people by the Nazis were absolute atrocities, it's something that should never happen again to anyone, so they shouldn't do it to anyone else either.
Fuck partisan.
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

People feel threatened; they react.
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

demographic wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:25 pm The things that were perpetrated on the jewish people by the Nazis were absolute atrocities, it's something that should never happen again to anyone, so they shouldn't do it to anyone else either.
Fuck partisan.

The Jewish threat to Germany was imaginary.

Hamas really killed, tortured and raped people in their raid. They said they want to do it again.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

JackyJoll wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:30 pm People feel threatened; they react.
Or in this case, they over-react.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!