What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
formula400

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by formula400 »

had a covid test this morning as a lad at work tested positive, so stuck at home until the result comes back.

unboxed this

ImageUntitled by lewis wilson, on Flickr
CBR650r :mrgreen:
hawker

Post by hawker »

Today they decided to take the cast from my arm and not replace it with a new one at last. Now I can scratch my forearm to my heart's content. But no lifting with it, or leaning on it for 3 months which is a nuisance. I cannot attend the gym and even leaning on the handlebars of my bicycle could be a painful problem? I'll get out on my MTB to have the big fat tyres cushion the road-vibration for a while. BUT, as the great Sean Kelly said about cycle-training. If you are unsure whether to go out or not, just go for a ride and decide when you get back home! I can do that! Great Irish logic perhaps? :lol:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Hit my half century not out. Pretty good considering my start in life and all that.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

Master RDbrgee has a touch of the covid in ItAly but hes young so fingers crossed he'll be fine! no helecopter from here esp the one that had a 30mm accidental discharge in norfolk yesterday SIL was running round the airfield when it hapened a little pop he heard.... Apache missfire
Last edited by rodbargee on Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

the_priest wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:37 pm Hit my half century not out. Pretty good considering my start in life and all that.
Happy birthday!
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

the_priest wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:37 pm Hit my half century not out. Pretty good considering my start in life and all that.
Happy 50th Padre!
Whysub

Post by Whysub »

Although I should be pissing you all off by being out on the bike in this lovely, warm sunny weather, I've been gardening.

Or rather clearing the crap I had dragged off my land and pulling it on a tarp up to where they dumped the skip off yesterday.

So this what has been be cleared in the last 4 weeks:
20201107_140821.jpg
20201107_140821.jpg (250.24 KiB) Viewed 1222 times
20201107_140749.jpg
20201107_140749.jpg (316.63 KiB) Viewed 1222 times
20201107_140718.jpg
20201107_140718.jpg (277 KiB) Viewed 1222 times
I've still got two huge piles of tree and palm cuttings to move into the skip. Love a good bonfire and have a permit allowing me to have them, but this whole area is still tinder dry, and I don't want to be the one that has an errant ember setting it all the woods alight.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Spent a few hours at the ER having my pump checked.
Those who possess real knowledge are rare.

Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still.

The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.
Whysub

Post by Whysub »

ZRX61 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:41 pm Spent a few hours at the ER having my pump checked.
Hope all good though mate.
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Whysub wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:53 pm
ZRX61 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:41 pm Spent a few hours at the ER having my pump checked.
Hope all good though mate.
That.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Is there life in the old dog yet?
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Apparently I'm not going to cark it just yet. Discovered that the local hospital schedules all the hot looking nurses for night shift, by christ there was some fine looking totty in the place.
In other news, a bit later today:
Was waiting behind a couple at an ATM today. Typical Walmartian outfits, sweats & fuzzy slippers. Guy reached into his pocket & pulled out a stack of $100's damn near 3in thick, counted off a couple & put the rest back in his pocket. Pants were so baggy I could have reached in & grabbed the lot. At least $30k, maybe more. There was a quick calculation about how far I could get on half a tank of gas...
Decided to go buy a lottery ticket instead.
Those who possess real knowledge are rare.

Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still.

The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.
Bwana

Post by Bwana »

ZRX61 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:58 pm Apparently I'm not going to cark it just yet. Discovered that the local hospital schedules all the hot looking nurses for night shift, by christ there was some fine looking totty in the place.
Was waiting behind a couple at an ATM today. Typical Walmartian outfits, sweats & fuzzy slippers. Guy reached into his pocket & pulled out a stack of $100's damn near 3in thick, counted off a couple & put the rest back in his pocket. Pants were so baggy I could have reached in & grabbed the lot. At least $30k, maybe more. There was a quick calculation about how far I could get on half a tank of gas...
Your odds of winning by pickpocketing this guy were greater than your odds with the lottery. I'm led to believe it isn't quietly sliding your hand in so much as stumbling into the victim so the impact covers the grab. Apparently working in pairs is ideal. Of course the price for losing is a bit greater.
cheb

Post by cheb »

ZRX61 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:58 pm Apparently I'm not going to cark it just yet. Discovered that the local hospital schedules all the hot looking nurses for night shift, by christ there was some fine looking totty in the place.

Inflation's so bad that $30K only gets you half a tank of fuel?
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

I've seen American car chases, I reckon if you can drive over the speed limit and turn a corner you're in with a pretty good chance.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Whysub wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:29 pm Although I should be pissing you all off by being out on the bike in this lovely, warm sunny weather, I've been gardening.

Or rather clearing the crap I had dragged off my land and pulling it on a tarp up to where they dumped the skip off yesterday.

I've still got two huge piles of tree and palm cuttings to move into the skip. Love a good bonfire and have a permit allowing me to have them, but this whole area is still tinder dry, and I don't want to be the one that has an errant ember setting it all the woods alight.
Nice bit of land there mate. How you settling in?
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Led the Remembrance Service at the War Memorial outside our Church, St John's Welling.

We had a bugler for The Last Post and Reveille. Very moving. People in the park opposite the Church joined in the service and observed the silence and said the amen.
Remembrance 2020.jpeg
Remembrance 2020.jpeg (273.61 KiB) Viewed 1049 times
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Whysub

Post by Whysub »

Taipan wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:28 pm Nice bit of land there mate. How you settling in?
Not bad thanks. Got used to things quicker than I expected. The administration of just everything is just a little different, but easiest not to compare to how things are done in the UK. Some stuff is very quickly done, others not.

Got used to the night noises (f**king owls and other birds make a huge racket). Weather is a big bonus, all year round biking which is great, because parking a car in my nearby towns is a bloody nightmare.

Just got my residency to get approved before January, then I can relax and enjoy life out here.
Claude

Post by Claude »

Mowed the lawn. 2.5 hour job due in part to the small collector on my flymo.
Cleared the plant life from the porch gutters. Then knocked all the loose moss off the roof tiles so cleared the gutter again...
Cleared all the leafs up from around the garden/drive.
Not watched the MotoGP yet.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Claude wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:28 pm Mowed the lawn. 2.5 hour job due in part to the small collector on my flymo.
Cleared the plant life from the porch gutters. Then knocked all the loose moss off the roof tiles so cleared the gutter again...
Cleared all the leafs up from around the garden/drive.
Not watched the MotoGP yet.
My felted shed roof is completely covered in moss. Hoping it gives some UV protection. 🌞
Yamaha rocket 3