Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Yambo

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by Yambo »

Rockburner wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:43 pm
You ever tried saluting with a sword in your hand???

A few times, it's really quite easy. ;)
Potter

Post by Potter »

Yambo wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:50 pm
Rockburner wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:43 pm
You ever tried saluting with a sword in your hand???

A few times, it's really quite easy. ;)
Indeed, there is a way to do it.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Potter wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:21 pm People that cross the road very slowly whilst staring at you menacingly with a "I have the right to be here" look on their face.
I was going slowly, slowed even more when it looked like she would cross, she did and the whole time she was staring at me, I waved a hello and she just glared.

And whilst I'm moaning - people that walk on the pavement with their kids or dog very close to the road, it only takes one little slip or the dog to step off the edge and they're toast. My wife and kids joke even now about me because I always make them walk on the inside and I walk closest to the road, they're all grown up and I still do it.
I used to drive buses in Guernsey and the only time I've actually stopped and got out the bus to have a go at someone was when a woman let her son (about 5 years old) jump off the pavement in front of me - whilst she was holding his hand :o :o In front of a bus FFS! She just couldn't understand why I was shaking with anger (and shock) because, as I hadn't hit him with the big white bus, there wasn't a problem, was there???? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
David

Post by David »

Noggin wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:06 pm
Potter wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:21 pm People that cross the road very slowly whilst staring at you menacingly with a "I have the right to be here" look on their face.
I was going slowly, slowed even more when it looked like she would cross, she did and the whole time she was staring at me, I waved a hello and she just glared.

And whilst I'm moaning - people that walk on the pavement with their kids or dog very close to the road, it only takes one little slip or the dog to step off the edge and they're toast. My wife and kids joke even now about me because I always make them walk on the inside and I walk closest to the road, they're all grown up and I still do it.
I used to drive buses in Guernsey and the only time I've actually stopped and got out the bus to have a go at someone was when a woman let her son (about 5 years old) jump off the pavement in front of me - whilst she was holding his hand :o :o In front of a bus FFS! She just couldn't understand why I was shaking with anger (and shock) because, as I hadn't hit him with the big white bus, there wasn't a problem, was there???? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Should have gone back up and squished him.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

David wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:20 pm

Should have gone back up and squished her.
FTFY
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
David

Post by David »

mangocrazy wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:11 pm
David wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:20 pm

Should have gone back up and squished her.
FTFY
Correct
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

There's a junction in the middle of Belfast, where a kid got killed by a decker years ago, the pedestrians just dander out with zero fucks given. The other week, a local lottery winner walked out on a bus at the side of the City Hall and got his skull fractured. The ironic thing is, he's a former bus driver and has driven a bus round the same place thousands of times. Of all people you'd have thought he would have known to look about him.
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Nationwide
Just went to pay for something online, got the 'is this you' on the app, please enter 1, 2, 3 of your pass number. Nafc what that is, so go on app, change passnumber.
Choose new 6 digits, confirm, enter first 3 of old passnumber to confirm.......oh fuck off!
McNab

Post by McNab »

Yet again I am confounded by apple whilst trying to sign up to apple TV.

Last year I spent a whole evening trying to sign up, but not having an iDevice scuppered me at every turn. I tried to resurrect my old AppleID, but not having a iphone anymore, I was left with the option of scheduling a call to the US, going into an apple store (not convenient at around midnight) or waiting for a password reset email which apparently will take 7 days :crazy:
I tried a new account with a new email, only to have to sign in on a iDevice to confirm, back to the Apple Store option. So I gave up.

This week I find I can get 6 months apple TV free from sky. So I figured that will be fine as it'll be n the sky box. So I do the sk bit and then it's back to that Apple runaround and taken to a page that offers me to reset my password in on my iDevice, a friend's device or in the apple store. FFS.
Then I figured that perhaps my friend at work will help as he has an iphone.
Yes he will. So we go through the process and it takes us to the exact same page that I started on asking to sign in on his device, which seems to imply it will be signing him out. Neither of us wants that so yet again, I've given up.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

White headlights. White ridiculously bright headlights :roll: :roll: :roll:

Do car designers not actually drive?? Do they never face oncoming traffic in the dark on wet roads whilst it's raining??

Fucking stupid things. I flashed my lights at too many cars on both Saturday and Sunday nights whilst driving only to find that their RIDICULOUSLY bright-to-blinding lights were already on dip :roll: :roll: :roll:

FFS :( :(
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Noggin wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:14 am White headlights. White ridiculously bright headlights :roll: :roll: :roll:

Do car designers not actually drive?? Do they never face oncoming traffic in the dark on wet roads whilst it's raining??

Fucking stupid things. I flashed my lights at too many cars on both Saturday and Sunday nights whilst driving only to find that their RIDICULOUSLY bright-to-blinding lights were already on dip :roll: :roll: :roll:

It's an age thing dear!
And modern tech being a bit too efficient.
I have a pair of light yellow tint driving glasses which I use at night. Solves the problem.
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

In order to have a contract mobile phone, you need a credit check.

Mobile phone bills often won't suffice for proof of address !
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

Noggin wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:14 am White headlights. White ridiculously bright headlights :roll: :roll: :roll:

While we're at it. Can we please normalise turning your lights to sidelights/off and back on again when saying thanks. Flashing your 1 billion candle power headlights leaves me half blind for the next 10 minutes !!
Wossname

Post by Wossname »

+1 to that ^^. Somebody does you a favour, so you blind them.
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

Jody wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:22 pm
While we're at it. Can we please normalise turning your lights to sidelights/off and back on again when saying thanks. Flashing your 1 billion candle power headlights leaves me half blind for the next 10 minutes !!
Can't do that on my automatically-switchs-on-headlights-when-needed car.
It's really annoying, as, as you say, my only option now is to flash mains to say thanks :cry:
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

My bug bear with high intensity headlights is when I'm manoeuvring out of someone's way and they're sat there dazzling the crap out of me!
Manys the time I have had to get out and tell them to turn their lights off*

*or words to that effect
Usually éteignez vos phares putain/branleur
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Sunny wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:41 pm
It's really annoying, as, as you say, my only option now is to flash mains to say thanks :cry:
Hazards or a flip flop left and right on the indicators works for me!
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Sunny wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:41 pm
Have you not got any switches at all for the lights?

I've got the auto-on on the VW Eos, but it's a position on the rotary switch just right of the wheel - so easy to flip the lights to "off", then back to "auto".
non quod, sed quomodo
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

What's wrong with a jaunty tug of the flat cap?
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

gremlin wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:55 pm What's wrong with a jaunty tug?
It distracts you from your driving. :D
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire