What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Jody »

Yesterday I drove the eight and a half hours from my parent's house in the Vendee region, to Courchevel

A Tank and a half of fuel, a can and a half of monster, 2 stops for fuel, 3 for toilet, lots of No such thing as a fish podcast
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I walked part way up a mountain this morning. Thought I'd left too late but actually it was too early to see the sun come over the mountain! But at least it it was light (ish) to ski down!! Will sort photos later as about to go out for lunch :D

But, first time I've ever skied on my birthday!! :wub: :bblonde: :bblonde: :obscene-drinkingcheers: :obscene-drinkingcheers: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Spend time dealing with the Bank of England.

Painful. Just painful. :thumbdown:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
cheb

Post by cheb »

Spawn et al moved out of my house yesterday so I've moved back in. Ah, contentment.
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Jody wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:43 am Yesterday I drove the eight and a half hours from my parent's house in the Vendee region, to Courchevel

A Tank and a half of fuel, a can and a half of monster, 2 stops for fuel, 3 for toilet, lots of No such thing as a fish podcast
And did you bother to pop by to show me how to fit snow chains..............pah!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Had a Christmas card from Eric Clapton! :shock:

(He does live nearby, but in this case it was because he's co-owner of Cordings of Piccadilly a purveyor of outdoor clothing etc and the Mrs bought some clothes from them :D He does a bit of shooting and was upset when it looked like his favourite country-wear shop would close....so he bought half the business. He's still a fruit-loop though).
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Treated myself to a KFC Gravy Mega Box today that was given to me in the smallest thinest paper bag, the bag broke after about 3 steps away from the counter so they replaced it all and also gave me the chicken back that was in a box and hadn't touched the floor, so i had a double gravy mega box for dinner, burp!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

These are from my little ski tour this morning. Only walked for about 45 mins but still got as far as the place I used to aim for a couple of years ago.

Weird cos I don’t think I’m any fitter, maybe just having more confidence in the dodgy arm makes more difference than I thought!!

But, I definitely need to work on the core muscles! Been told they help with balance, and I did feel I was a little lacking in balance 🤣🤣🤣

But it was worth it for the views, then a load of coffee at my mates restaurant!! 🤣🤣🤣

Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Jody

Post by Jody »

Demannu wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:25 pm
Jody wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:43 am Yesterday I drove the eight and a half hours from my parent's house in the Vendee region, to Courchevel

And did you bother to pop by to show me how to fit snow chains..............pah!
AFAIR you didn't want me to show you ??
Jody

Post by Jody »

First snowboard of the season.

It's hard and fast and unusually cold out there, I was taking it steady but still clocked over 50MPH.

feel free to follow me on IG, for some reason the photo app I've been using, no longer recognises my phones pictures !

Jody_hwd

If you don't know what IG is (Cough, Yorrick) then just assume it's not for you !!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Jody wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:34 pm First snowboard of the season.

It's hard and fast and unusually cold out there, I was taking it steady but still clocked over 50MPH.

feel free to follow me on IG, for some reason the photo app I've been using, no longer recognises my phones pictures !

Jody_hwd

If you don't know what IG is (Cough, Yorrick) then just assume it's not for you !!
I maybe old, but can spell my name correctly ;)
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Day of Rest! Supposedly. Wife to work, me to church for Morning Prayers. Met a youth from the Pentecostal church who use our building as well, lovely to have a quiet time together. Then home. Collected son and daughter, took them to Bluewater Shopping Hell (Mall)... did some shopping, bought the son some shoes, he bought some Christmas gifts for his mum and sister. Then treated them to a nice lunch at 5 Guys. Decent enough milkshake, the Veggie sandwich was a bit meh, but hot and filling. Chips were actually very nice. Home, to find that a delivery was not in my porch, but elsewhere. Contacted DPD on the phone and they, to their credit, sorted it all out and the young delivery driver recollected it, and found me after calling me for more details. He was looking and the Roman Catholic Church which is around the corner from our CofE Church (ours is prettier!). All sorted. It is the window regulator and slides for my drivers window which went pop when iced up below the weather strips. So needs replacement.... that is not something I am looking forward to.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

The usual dog groomer has packed up . Mrs G found a new one.
IMG-20231207-WA0001_copy_729x410.jpg
IMG-20231207-WA0001_copy_729x410.jpg (77.99 KiB) Viewed 331 times
Let's just say we won't be using their services again. I mean, the look on the mutt's face says it all...
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Skub

Post by Skub »

I hate fucking cars.

I drove for 7 hours in shitty wind,double wiper speed rain and flooded roads. A day wasted sitting holding a steering wheel.

Did I mention I hate fucking cars?
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Took the missus and her mum to the airport.
She's been here 3 weeks.

I'll, erm, bite my tongue.

I now have a week remission. Just me and Elvis.

I may, or may not, be supping cold beer in town right now :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Skub wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:20 pm I hate fucking cars.

I drove for 7 hours in shitty wind,double wiper speed rain and flooded roads. A day wasted sitting holding a steering wheel.

Did I mention I hate fucking cars?
I only liked driving cars when I was on call from work and got paid to drive when contracting

50p a mile and £80 an hour :obscene-birdiedoublered:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Threw my back out in spectacular fashion & buggered the sciatic. New furniture had been delivered & I bent down to pull a rug back into place. Slowly folded backwards into the new recliner that happened to be directly behind me in absolute agony, ended up laid there like a passable imitation of Hawking. Entire lower back & upper thighs screaming.
Roomie was sent to fetch the Tramadol, popped two of those & it took another hour before I was able to stand again. I spent at least 30 min pushing buttons on the chair to "un-hawking" myself.
Skub

Post by Skub »

ZRX61 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:15 pm Threw my back out in spectacular fashion & buggered the sciatic. New furniture had been delivered & I bent down to pull a rug back into place. Slowly folded backwards into the new recliner that happened to be directly behind me in absolute agony, ended up laid there like a passable imitation of Hawking. Entire lower back & upper thighs screaming.
Roomie was sent to fetch the Tramadol, popped two of those & it took another hour before I was able to stand again. I spent at least 30 min pushing buttons on the chair to "un-hawking" myself.
I'll take the ZRX. :thumbup:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Skub wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:18 pm I'll take the ZRX. :thumbup:
Mate was diagnosed with lung cancer, posted the results of his tests on FB.
I called him up...
"Dibs on the Z1"
Brief silence followed by "Fucker" & laughter.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Woke up at 6am, made a cuppa, went back to bed and listened to the barn owls.

Also realised that The Wicker Man was released 50 years ago (actually on the 6th December '73).

Ready for second cuppa and steeling myself for a journey into Guildford. There will be coffee and pain au raisin as part of the recuperation process on arrival. :thumbup: Followed by a warming up of my bank card. :thumbdown:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire