What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Mr. Dazzle

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Off site meeting today, in a venue which would have been bloody fantastic, on a different day :obscene-birdiedoublered:

Tarmacsurfer

Post by Tarmacsurfer »

Ah same place as the Mathworks conferences!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I've sat down for the first time since getting back from the valley!! LOL My mate dropped me off at 2pm with a little bit of shopping and a gaspi box from Lidl - the boxes for 1€ that are the other side of the till so you can't see if you are buying rubbish or not! Today there were two people in front of me that were very very slow, so I was able to sneak out to see if there was anything good and decide. It is the first ever gaspi box (might be an anti-gaspi box TBF!) I've ever had! Oranges, bananas, mini peppers, cucumber, courgette, sweet potato and gem lettuce!!

So I got back and have made orange curd.
Then lemon curd cos I had lemons here and had promised some to a friend!!
Cooked off the char sui liquid that was left from cooking some pork yesterday.
Froze the chicken stock that cooked off overnight.
Made some cinnamon rolls from a very reduced pack - well, cooked a couple and froze the rest ready to cook!!

Doesn't sound like much, but damn the curds took ages to 'do' and then the char sui took ages to cook down!! LOL But they're all in jars ready to use/give away :D

Tomorrow - possibly some sweet potato soup but also, possible sweet potato and feta cheese pastry wraps. Need to use up the damned oranges - tried to give some away, but my mate had just bought some! :lol:

Tired feet, but happy at the stuff I made :D

Oh, and I did little bit of pork crackling last night (took the skin off the pork that was then cooked in the char sui liquid). Almost like pork scratching in some ways!! LOL But damn, they tasted blooming good :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:14 pm Off site meeting today, in a venue which would have been bloody fantastic, on a different day :obscene-birdiedoublered:

MK go kart track as gone big time!
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:14 pm Off site meeting today, in a venue which would have been bloody fantastic, on a different day :obscene-birdiedoublered:
I've had a few invites there through work but it's too far away. :(
I worked with them on their lockdown christmas event, driving round exhibits on the track all socially distanced in your own car. I loved the idea and it was very popular.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I think they still do that one, even post lockdown.

Run Silverstone is another good one, best place I ever ran with Baby D in the buggy :lol:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Swapped out all the gubbins in one of the toilet tanks to fix a drip from the knackered shut-off valve.
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

HOPEFULLY, if my Fronch was good enough, getting a new windscreen fitted to the car..........(again)on Monday as Mr CT didnt like the crack in the other one ( it was only cracked on the inside in a 6" arc from edge to bottom, a smaller wiper would have cleared it!)
Having to explain that there was no impact and it just cracked all on it's own was a touch trying.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Looked out the window at snow! In Cornwall !!!

As usual, in Cornwall, >3 snowflakes together and the world shut down
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Skub

Post by Skub »

I stood at the local yacht club and watched the sun rise. At just after 8.20,that's a bit more accessible than Summer!
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

Went out for a quick ride with thermals on and winter boots to look at our (hopefully) new house.
Sat at home an hour later and still feel chilly.
My wife’s last day at work so she will be a bit tired and emotional when she gets home.
Waiting on estate agents to do their thing.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Yorick wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:26 pm I cycle quite often on the same 8 mile route. Bit of dirt track and the full length of the beach front path.
I push like he'll to keep fit.

Not been out for about a month so was surprised I beat my previous best time by about 15 seconds. I wasn't going at it full on really.

:obscene-birdiedoublered:
For a rare change the wind was blowing from the south today. First mile and last mile were hard but it fair blew me along the 3 mile promenade.

Beat my best time by about 3 mins :)
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

The MD brought back a load of random tat from a trade show.

He took a load of stuff we couldn't sell and swapped it with other exhibitors for whatever they had laying around, it was a competition with the SD to see who could get the best shit.

He's been handing it out in the office.

I've got a half bottle of Tomintoul 15 year old port cask aged whisky that must have been used for giving out samples.

Never heard of Tomintoul, but the tinternets suggest that a full bottle is nearly £80. Nice.
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

KungFooBob wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:40 pm The MD brought back a load of random tat from a trade show.

He took a load of stuff we couldn't sell and swapped it with other exhibitors for whatever they had laying around, it was a competition with the SD to see who could get the best shit.

He's been handing it out in the office.

I've got a half bottle of Tomintoul 15 year old port cask aged whisky that must have been used for giving out samples.

Never heard of Tomintoul, but the tinternets suggest that a full bottle is nearly £80. Nice.
Over priced speyside! Just down the road from glenlivet, but if it's free.......
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I've been flipping miserable today. We had a ton of snow overnight and then it got warm. Something very depressing about rain on snow in a ski resort :( :( :( :( :(

However, those in the know must know something positive as they've said that the resort will be open on the weekend of 9/10 December, just for the weekend. That's a week before the actual opening.

In the 13 years I've been here for winter, that's never happened before, so , crossing everything for the temperatures to drop overnight and I can wake up to some more serious snow :D :D :bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

I've done the real Lanzarote Iron-man twice.
Today I did the alternative Iron-man.
10 miles walking.
8 mile cycle ride.
10 mins swim
5 pints in the late evening sunshine in town. Pen's back tmrw ;)

Anything I post from now on is billox :D
Screenshot_20231130_191822_Samsung Health.jpg
Screenshot_20231130_191822_Samsung Health.jpg (104.72 KiB) Viewed 425 times
Screenshot_20231130_191923_Komoot.jpg
Screenshot_20231130_191923_Komoot.jpg (366.34 KiB) Viewed 425 times
cheb

Post by cheb »

Had my return plans changed by a broken radar. That ferry can only do daylight sailings so I've driven to Ullapool to use a different route home.
wull

Post by wull »

I spent the day at work stripping this machine down, I’m absolutely gubbed. First pic was taken after I had already removed a fair bit, everything removed and put away for selling, I have a few interested.

Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

cheb wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:27 pm Had my return plans changed by a broken radar. That ferry can only do daylight sailings so I've driven to Ullapool to use a different route home.
It's not the leavin' of Ullapool that grieves me but me darlin' when....etc

The last time I was there the band in the pub were singing 'I'll be your long haired lover from Ullapool'. :(
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
cheb

Post by cheb »

It has a certain charm. Best seen from afar in a mirror, but to be fair to it I don't think I've ever been there for positive or pleasurable reasons.