What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Demannu

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Demannu »

Having to learn new French words today as la voiture failed the CT.
One of the good things about France is you get 2 months driving around time to fix it!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Prattling with the GSXR and realised the back wheel was embarrassing, even for me :obscene-birdiedoublered:
So quick 3 minutes with petrol and soapy water and it's like new ;) :banana-dance:
20231123_161033.jpg
20231123_161033.jpg (1.38 MiB) Viewed 571 times
20231123_163331.jpg
20231123_163331.jpg (1.48 MiB) Viewed 570 times
Last edited by Yorick on Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

So you just cleaned wheel, left sprocket and swingarm? Lol wtf

And only the big bit, there's plenty more wheel there
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

weeksy wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:35 pm So you just cleaned wheel, left sprocket and swingarm? Lol wtf

I'll clean the sprocket and swingarm when I get a new tyre.
cheb

Post by cheb »

Naffed about in Harrogate for the day. The baths are still blissful and I found somewhere that will modify my handbag to my preference.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Went for a ride since the local forecast said "No rain". It lied, it rained, and was bloody chilly too.

Bike now looks far dirtier than Yorick's. :D
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Demannu wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:22 pm Having to learn new French words today as la voiture failed the CT.
One of the good things about France is you get 2 months driving around time to fix it!
The Spanish version is the ITV. It's not unheard of for the Police to park up on the aproach to an ITV station and fine the vehicles that don't have one, there is no grace period and the Police have no friends.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Pirahna wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:29 pm
Demannu wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:22 pm Having to learn new French words today as la voiture failed the CT.
The Spanish version is the ITV. It's not unheard of for the Police to park up on the aproach to an ITV station and fine the vehicles that don't have one, there is no grace period and the Police have no friends.
Here the Guardia Civil are the evil bastards.
They're so hated, they're flown in from the mainland.
No locals can join.
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Yorick wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:51 pm
Pirahna wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:29 pm
Here the Guardia Civil are the evil bastards.
They're so hated, they're flown in from the mainland.
No locals can join.
They were Franco's henchmen, I don't understand why they weren't disbanded after his death.
Horse

Post by Horse »

weeksy wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:35 pm So you just cleaned wheel, left sprocket and swingarm? Lol wtf

It's to protect it from all of the road salt.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

You'd have a meltdown if I showed you the spoked wheels on my Tiger. :o :lol:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

gremlin wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:53 pm

You'd have a meltdown if I showed you the spoked wheels on my Tiger. :o :lol:
I doubt it.... it's not mine :)
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Showered, during which I discovered my left arm didn't want to straighten. Then there was an audible clunk & some elbow pain, now it's all working again.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Earlier there were 6 lovely pallets outside next door's building plot.
With the help of my Makita circular saw, my wood pile is a bit bigger :obscene-birdiedoublered:
20231125_144509.jpg
20231125_144509.jpg (1.89 MiB) Viewed 394 times
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

You're supposed to reuse blue pallets! Think of the planet man! :x
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:58 pm You're supposed to reuse blue pallets! Think of the planet man! :x
Them blue ones make up my work surface/bench.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

8 years ago today. We arrived on our beautiful island.
Been an amazing adventure so far :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Early start at work, the other two girls came in and the newbie did the usual, "Yes I know, don't need to know anymore" when I was trying to show her some info that she can't see anywhere else (cos she's not a driver, it was useful, but she obviously didn't think so :roll:) then had a coupe of hours break and drove to Lyon airport to pick up some ClubMed staff.

I do so hate driving to Lyon or Grenoble!! :lol: It's sooooo boring! And, driving there in the afternoon is a disadvantage - setting sun in your face all the way there!! LOL Drove back in the dark. Dropped one off in Bourg St Maurice then headed up the mountain - AND, IT WAS STILL SNOWING :bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde:

I know I go on, but it's so nice when natives compliment me on my conversation!! Two of the three chatted with me and were complimentary :D :D Happy Noggin :D

Went to the bar over the road cos a couple of friends were going, with a ton of bloody seasonaires. Again, I'm a bit of a broken record about my shoulder! But, in the last few months I've gained a lot of confidence in how good my shoulder is now. Last winter I didn't really go anywhere that mental and when I did I stood in a way to protect my shoulder. Equally, in the French bars I go to, I don't have to worry. Weirdly, I've never been scared of someone bumping into that shoulder in those places.

Anyway, tonight, the bar was heaving with pissed young seasonnaires with no spatial awareness and seemingly less balance than the FUF!! I was 'fallen into' at the bar twice by different drunk girls then someone tripped over her own feet and landed on me :roll: Ok, not the bad shoulder, but TBH, that was the final straw! (Probably partly cos i'm tired and the shoulder is grumpy from the 5 hours driving!)

So, I came home and have watched strictly, about to watch Dr Who! Will save the Sprint race for tomorrow :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Got away with a couple of things...

I'm painting the walls in the hall and the wife comes out and is admiring it and then I see she spots something, like a bloody hawk, and she says there's a few grooves there, do you think 'we' should have filled and sanded them? I replied that I thought the shame but then thought its a 1930s place and i dont want it all smooth like a new build and destroy it's character. I could see her thinking it over as I stood in my draining pool of hope, and then she said, yes you're right. It wouldn't look right would it. Phew! :D

Also, whilst I'm painting, the doorbell goes and I take in 4 parcels for the wife. She calls out who was that? I said more of your bloody deliveries! She sticks her head round the corner and gives me the death stare and says do you really want to go there! :? :D
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Messaged my boss last night cos the minibus I used needed fuelling up, but as I finished the transfer in resort, I wasn't going to drive down and do it last night. So I suggested that I went down this morning to fill up and wash the van - and have coffee with my mate :1 :1

He said thank you!!

So I went down to the valley this morning, sorted the van, found a supermarket open to get some eggs, but also found a cheap rotisserie chicken :D

Then went to my mate's place for coffee and a cinnamon roll :D (Well, LOTS of coffee and a takeaway cinnamon roll :D :D )

Back home via another friend's place and now wrapped up on the sofa watching the sprint and soon the GP :D

It was -11 this morning - I do like it as it is dry, so never feels that cold. But, it's a challenge at home as where I sit the cold comes in through the window onto the metal joint :( I'm layering up with folded fleeces!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde: