You think you're having a bad day?

Anything you like about motorbikes
Dunxster

Re: You think you're having a bad day?

Post by Dunxster »

Taipan wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:46 pm
Dunxster wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:14 pm Home now and the bastards cut through the Almax chain. It's still there with the Squire lock hanging from the ground anchor.
:shock: Do you live in a remote area? The almax chains take some cutting and its a bold mover to hack at one.
I'm on a private road with people around all the time. The scum that took my scooter even threatened one of my neighbours. Normally, I'd be working at home but I was away to celebrate my birthday!
Whysub

Post by Whysub »

ZRX61 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:07 pm
Didge wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:39 pm Are there ANY chains that can withstand an anglegrinder?
Nope. If you catch the fucker cutting the chain you could take the grinder away from them & use it to impair their future ability to pick their nose, wipe their arse & feed themselves...
Former VD posters Veggie Dave and Zanx produced a few videos as "Captain Cropper" breaking A rated chains and locks

Was it really that long ago?
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Dunxster wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:00 pm I'm on a private road with people around all the time. The scum that took my scooter even threatened one of my neighbours. Normally, I'd be working at home but I was away to celebrate my birthday!
For the second time... It appears people know when you're going away for your birthday.
Dunxster

Post by Dunxster »

ZRX61 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:27 am
Dunxster wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:00 pm I'm on a private road with people around all the time. The scum that took my scooter even threatened one of my neighbours. Normally, I'd be working at home but I was away to celebrate my birthday!
For the second time... It appears people know when you're going away for your birthday.
The first time I wasn't away. My wife took me to the local cafe for a birthday breakfast, and when we returned, I looked down the road and no scooter. And this time, it was in the middle of the afternoon when people were around. Whether I was away or not wouldn't have made any difference. Besides which I'd not told anyone I was going to be away.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

It's a very strange coinkydink..
Dunxster

Post by Dunxster »

Two weeks after it was lifted, I've got my TMax back. When I spoke to the Police vehicle recovery team yesterday, they said there were some scratches and a broken mirror. Not too bad I thought. Then I collected it from the pound - ouch. Heavy grinder marks on lower front fairing and front mudguard and one running board smashed up.

I'll be getting this fixed through the insurers and take a hit on the policy next year. Once it's sorted, I'll be selling. Three thefts in 12 months is just too much stress, even knowing I've got a tracker keeping an eye on it. It didn't help that one of my neighbours was threatened this last time.

There are a couple of positives. Due to the lock through the back wheel and the Oxford cover I've still got that and the Solar charger, the Abus disc lock was still on the front wheel and the Almax chain is still long enough to secure the TMax to a ground anchor. Thanks to the tracker leading the police to my scooter they also recovered the van that was used to steal it and as that was stolen too, and on false plates, that's now going to get returned to its rightful owner.

kendo57

Post by kendo57 »

Watched a You tube video yesterday of a guy un locking his Triumph Bonneville only to find his lock had been
attacked with an angle grinder. His Litelock seemed to have resisted a grinder attack which i thought was
quite impressive. Freddy Dobs i think his name was and i don't think he was being payed by Litelock.
Potter

Post by Potter »

I still remember the feeling of despair having my RD125LC pinched when it was my only transport to work.
Absolute fucking scum.

After three times in a year I'd be ready to call it a day too :(
I feel like this sort of crime could be stamped out quite quickly with really harsh policing and sentencing.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

kendo57 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:11 pm Watched a You tube video yesterday of a guy un locking his Triumph Bonneville only to find his lock had been
attacked with an angle grinder. His Litelock seemed to have resisted a grinder attack which i thought was
quite impressive. Freddy Dobs i think his name was and i don't think he was being payed by Litelock.
I watched that, thought he was bloody lucky until he spent 20 mins running his engine with the starter motor still going
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

Taipan wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:46 pm
Dunxster wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:14 pm Home now and the bastards cut through the Almax chain. It's still there with the Squire lock hanging from the ground anchor.
:shock: Do you live in a remote area? The almax chains take some cutting and its a bold mover to hack at one.
Not really that bold nowadays

Passer by " Oi scumbag, stop stealing that bike "

Scumbag " Call the cops if you like pal, we'll be long gone by the time they get here "