Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:44 pm
v8-powered wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:10 pm
Yorick wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:20 pm.

20231108_171321.jpg
Did he cut that out with his teeth????
Heading back tmrw to complain.
He should have trimmed it out. Like this one...

Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Potter wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:46 pm
Count Steer wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:01 pm
Potter wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:43 pm

20s.
I shot a 20b W Powell a while ago and it fitted perfectly and I hit everything I pointed it at.
Well, if you point things properly you hit things. :D

Over/under, SBS?
O/U Pegasus.
Naturally. I didn't have you pegged as a Perdix person. :lol:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Potter

Post by Potter »

Count Steer wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:50 pm
Naturally. I didn't have you pegged as a Perdix person. :lol:
It's either that or a new bike, but nothing takes my fancy apart from that XSR and they won't be out until next summer.
Scotsrich

Post by Scotsrich »

Count Steer wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:42 pm
Scotsrich wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:35 pm Took the cat to the vet for his booster and health check.

A couple went in with their dog just in front of me which I thought unusual as they normally keep the waiting area empty.

The receptionist must have sussed something was up and she asked when my appointment was.

I was only a day early wasn’t I.

That’s what you get for a. Being retired and losing track of days and b. Checking the calendar on the phone rather than the iPad.
Well yes, but did Tibbles get checked and boosted or are they making you both come back tomorrow?

Tibbles asked if we have a cat rolleyes smiley. :lol:

😾

Luckily they managed to squeeze us in after the couple left.

Poor Harry really doesn’t like the cat carrier. It’s either the vet or the cattery.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Today I have discovered that American Starbucks have 383 billion options when it comes to serving a latte.... :wtf:

https://www.morningbrew.com/daily/stori ... omizations
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

gremlin wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:09 pm Today I have discovered that American Starbucks have 383 billion options when it comes to serving a latte.... :wtf:

https://www.morningbrew.com/daily/stori ... omizations
Pfft that's nothing, the number of ways you can configure a Ford Transit runs into the whatever-comes-after-a-trillion.

I spoke to a guy from the Mini factory in Oxford once, he told me what with all the options for 'cool' Union flags applied in various places, interior trim, different coloured roofs, engines, stereos, wheels etc. it's almost certain that every single car which rolls off the line - and ever has done - is different!
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:16 pm [ whatever-comes-after-a-trillion.
Squazamongazzilion.

Trust me, I'm a banker. :thumbup:

The irony is, each of those 383 billion coffees will taste like piss, like all American coffee. To steal one of Eric Idle's lines, American coffee is like making love in a canoe: fucking close to water.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Went for a walk in the snow!!

Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Went for a bimble in the end, got away about 2pm in full sun, roads still dodgy but no salt here. Stopped at Prees for a cuppa and a natter to some Birkenhead bikers. Heated gloves working well.

Home about 4, but bike didn't cool down in time for a wash so gonna do tomorrow, whatever the weather.

As said before, on my return home feeling good. Wasn't on a downer or anything but getting out on 2 wheels definitely does something good. 🙂👍
Yamaha rocket 3
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Did a bit of work in the garden, vac'd up a load of oak leaves from the front garden.
Removed some old phone wiring pinned to the side of the house and fitted a vent cover on one of the bathroom extractors.

Log burner on now, missus cooking steak whilst necking some vino 🍷

Rock'n'roll lifestyle....
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Set some sort of record! Took Mrs CJ shopping in Exeter. Day out, nice lunch, and (the record bit) we bought clothes for me and NO clothes for her!
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

After my little ‘normal’ walk this morning, I went back out cos the sun was showing a bit and I wanted to take some photos with better light

I managed a few sunny ones, lots of moody ones!!

Mostly the snow was above my knees, even though I was following other peoples footprints. But I did find a few places where it was a lot above my knees!! (The sweatshirt is long but not ‘that’ long!!). Walking in the really deep stuff is a proper work out! Both my knees are a smidge grumpy now, but I’m very smiley!!!

Downside is that it meant I’ve done no sorting out under the bed and a mate has just text to say they can pick up a freezer for me in the valley on Monday!!!! So tomorrow I really really have to sort out under the bed and make space for new (well, pretty old!) freezer arrival!!

Best bit about the second walk was meeting my friends dog Ivy on the way back!! (Dog from the previous post!!). She rushed up to play! I threw snowballs for her to search for! Downside is I’m half expecting a black eye - I bent down to pet her as she jumped up to say hi!! 🤣🤣🤣. Oops!!!

Snow here is between 45 - 50cm deep - I’m standing on snow that’s been packed down a bit by other walkers!!

Snows about 65cm deep here!! 🤣🤣

Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

It's still early but I've been reminded by facebook that 5 years ago I was in Kathmandu prior to doing the Annapurna circuit.

Showers today, much needed and I hope we get a lot more rain this winter.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Cousin Jack wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:48 pm Set some sort of record! Took Mrs CJ shopping in Exeter. Day out, nice lunch, and (the record bit) we bought clothes for me and NO clothes for her!
I do all my clothes shopping online now, but I kinda miss going shopping, even if all I did was sit outside shops whilst the wife perused. There's some words I never expected to say!
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Taipan wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:21 am
Cousin Jack wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:48 pm Set some sort of record! Took Mrs CJ shopping in Exeter. Day out, nice lunch, and (the record bit) we bought clothes for me and NO clothes for her!
I do all my clothes shopping online now, but I kinda miss going shopping, even if all I did was sit outside shops whilst the wife perused. There's some words I never expected to say!
Mrs CJ and I have divergent views on what sort of clothes suit me, so she is not to be trusted. And I like to try stuff on, because virtually all brand's sizing is only a very vague indication of how big it actually is.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Spent 3 hours cleaning MTBs and the van. Getting there now bit I'm a bit tired and can't be arsed doing more today
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Cousin Jack wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:34 am
Taipan wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:21 am
Mrs CJ and I have divergent views on what sort of clothes suit me, so she is not to be trusted. And I like to try stuff on, because virtually all brand's sizing is only a very vague indication of how big it actually is.
I used to buy about 90% of my clothes from NEXT but their sizing is all over the place. I can be anything from an XL to a XXXL! :wtf: I now get my stuff from a company called Joules and their gear is always the same size, so no messing about with returns. Much better quality stuff too.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Realised how much I've changed :lol: not sure if it should be a :( !!

For a refreshing hot drink I only drank tea for close to 50 years. You know, British, tea is THE drink etc etc - and the fact that whilst I loved the smell of coffee roasting or being made, the taste was just vile :(

Over the last two years I've been drinking mostly coffee because it's virtually impossible to get a decent tea here (can at home, but not out) and no one can drink as much hot choc as I used to drink tea!! LOL

Started with an allongé coffee, loads of sugar and a small pot of hot water on the side to dilute the coffee some more!! None of this esspresso stuff for me!! LOL

I mostly drink water at home and rarely tea, but have moved to drinking black tea (partly as I don't drink enough anymore to warrant opening a litre container of the stuff!!).

Yesterday and today I not only had proper coffee at home, without extra water, but I had NO SUGAR either :o :o :o :o

Not sure if this is the beginning of the end or if it means that my French nationality application is much more likely to be approved!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Potter

Post by Potter »

Drove down to the cenotaph to pay my respects and say hello to a few old chaps.
It was packed and pleasing to see a lot of scouts, cadets and brownies, etc, in attendance to respect the occasion.

Quiet afternoon now heading back.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Noggin wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:01 pm Realised how much I've changed :lol: not sure if it should be a :( !!

For a refreshing hot drink I only drank tea for close to 50 years. You know, British, tea is THE drink etc etc - and the fact that whilst I loved the smell of coffee roasting or being made, the taste was just vile :(

Over the last two years I've been drinking mostly coffee because it's virtually impossible to get a decent tea here (can at home, but not out) and no one can drink as much hot choc as I used to drink tea!! LOL

Started with an allongé coffee, loads of sugar and a small pot of hot water on the side to dilute the coffee some more!! None of this esspresso stuff for me!! LOL

I mostly drink water at home and rarely tea, but have moved to drinking black tea (partly as I don't drink enough anymore to warrant opening a litre container of the stuff!!).

Yesterday and today I not only had proper coffee at home, without extra water, but I had NO SUGAR either :o :o :o :o

Not sure if this is the beginning of the end or if it means that my French nationality application is much more likely to be approved!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Confirmed tea drinker here. Never got the coffee buzz, despite trying various types. Dont mind a Carajillo (black coffee and brandy) after a meal, but mostly i'll decline the offer of a coffee. Soemtimes wish I did like it as so many seem to get so much out of them?