In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Count Steer

Re: In todays news...

Post by Count Steer »

mangocrazy wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:31 pm
irie wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:17 pm
mangocrazy wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:24 pm

Thankyou. In what way does that mass of verbiage have any bearing on what I wrote?
F*ck me, you really are as thick as your posts make you out to be! :lol:
Well, that escalated quickly... the ad-hominem insults occurrng in your second response to me.

I've noticed that a feature of your posts is that you dump a mass of text in a response and expect that to somehow prove your point. It doesn't. For a start you need to point out the relevant parts of the text (especially when the text is as long as the one you posted) and then apply it to the other person's comments. You did neither.

To be honest I don't even think that you understood what it was in my comment that you were replying to. I wasn't trying to glorify or even support Hamas. I didn't even mention them. My comment was about JC's view of Israel and how his support of Palestine was regarded as anti-semitic by Israel.

So not only dd you post a long screed of essentially meaningless text, it had no rellevance to what I was saying or the point I was making.

What was that you were saying about 'thick'?
The poster has be warned...despite the fast edit.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
irie

Post by irie »

Count Steer wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:49 pm Well, it is all very entertaining watching however, seriously, step away from the 'keyboards' for a while. This tit for tat obviously keeps people amused but generates more heat than light. STFU for a while. It doesn't make any difference which one of you 'wins'.
As said before, I'm an atheist who doesn't go in for any of this Sky Fairy aka religion stuff.

Have you read the Hamas Covenant in its entirety?

Just asking.

If anyone has to be buried then fact is that it suits Shia Hezbollah (and Iran) to see Sunni Hamas buried by Israel.

Gotta love religion.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Potter wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:53 pm
Count Steer wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:49 pm Well, it is all very entertaining watching however, seriously, step away from the 'keyboards' for a while. This tit for tat obviously keeps people amused but generates more heat than light. STFU for a while. It doesn't make any difference which one of you 'wins'.
Light :lol:

There is no light here, this isn't a scholarly forum, it's literally stupidity held up for all to see via the medium of old boomers talking rubbish :lol:

I'm done anyway, I just enjoy showing him up when he doesn't know what he's talking about, and calling me a liar when I wasn't lying.
Ah yes, scholarly. You'd know about scholarly. Now you're claiming you won. I suggest you tweak the horizontal hold and stabilise the picture.
Voltaire
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

irie wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:45 pm
mangocrazy wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:31 pm My comment was about JC's view of Israel and how his support of Palestine was regarded as anti-semitic by Israel.
Firstly, as you see above before your reply I edited my post.

Secondly, if you care to read the Hamas Covenant you will see that JC's support for Hamas is by definition anti-semitic.

I have not read the covenant of Hamas in its entirety and I have no intention of doing so. It is JC's criticism of Israel in relation to Palestine that is considered anti-semitic by Israel. Bringing Hamas into it is a red herring.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

irie wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:00 pm
Funnily enough, I have. In fact I think it was me that posted the first link to the most recent version.

I'd ask you what your point is but frankly I can't be arsed.
Voltaire
Potter

Post by Potter »

Count Steer wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:02 pm
Ah yes, scholarly. You'd know about scholarly. Now you're claiming you won. I suggest you tweak the horizontal hold and stabilise the picture.
I don't think this conversation has any winners, but I have a thing about being called a liar, when I'm not lying.

On this forum I'm usually fighting single-handedly to defend Muslims/Arabs against prejudice, but now because it suits a political agenda I appear to have found some temporary buddies who also, for now, have chosen to see them as human beings of equal value to themselves - it's a bit sour because sadly I suspect that it's based only on left-wing anti-semitism, but I'll also take it as a sort of win too :thumbup:
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

irie wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:03 pm They weren't "statue defenders", they are a well known bunch of nasty violent thugs which likes a fight with anyone, left, right, centre, police, they don't care who.

But you know this anyway. :lol:
That sounds more like a description of the police than the counter-protestors.
irie

Post by irie »

Count Steer wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:07 pm
Funnily enough, I have. In fact I think it was me that posted the first link to the most recent version.

It is self evident what this means and results in:
Hamas Covenant wrote: Palestine is a land that was seized by a racist, anti-human and colonial Zionist project that was founded on a false promise (the Balfour Declaration), on recognition of a usurping entity and on imposing a fait accompli by force.
I'm out.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

I can't be the only one who hasn't noticed any strong prejudice against Arabs, Muslims, Jews on here. But it's a nice agenda to make up if it suits you to pass the time. I'm not sure throwing shade on iffy reports of a swathe of attacks on poppy seller martyrs makes you a pro Hammas anti Semite for example.

Prejudice against "far left", "far right" obviously yes, on the hour every hour.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Potter wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:32 pm
Count Steer wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:02 pm
I don't think this conversation has any winners, but I have a thing about being called a liar, when I'm not lying.

On this forum I'm usually fighting single-handedly to defend Muslims/Arabs against prejudice, but now because it suits a political agenda I appear to have found some temporary buddies who also, for now, have chosen to see them as human beings of equal value to themselves - it's a bit sour because sadly I suspect that it's based only on left-wing anti-semitism, but I'll also take it as a sort of win too :thumbup:
You can suspect whatever you like. You may fight for whatever you like but unless you have some evidence about actual left wing anti-semitism rather than just throwing accusations at other people you may like to consider this- If you are the intellectual and arabist that you'd like everyone to think you are, then talk like one. All I remember is you got a bit cross over the World Cup and you like Dubai.

So, take your 'win' if it feeds a need. But really.....?
Voltaire
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

irie wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:56 pm
Count Steer wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:07 pm

It is self evident what this means and results in:
Hamas Covenant wrote: Palestine is a land that was seized by a racist, anti-human and colonial Zionist project that was founded on a false promise (the Balfour Declaration), on recognition of a usurping entity and on imposing a fait accompli by force.
I'm out.
You keep quoting the covenant like we all support it. You put 2+2 together and make 7.5.

Bye.
Voltaire
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Potter wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:32 pm
I have never been accused of being left wing before. I have been described as right wing on many occasions, but I still cannot stomach recent Israeli actions. Zionist, Islamist?? I am an equal opportunity atheist, both sides are fcuking mad.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

If I were Israel right now, it’s not impossible that I’d be doing what Israel is doing in Gaza right now.

None of us likes it, but it’s what war is like.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

JackyJoll wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:33 pm If I were Israel right now, it’s not impossible that I’d be doing what Israel is doing in Gaza right now.

It's an interesting perspective. If you were a Palestinian, born in your homeland, what would you be doing right now?
Voltaire
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Count Steer wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:37 pm
JackyJoll wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:33 pm If I were Israel right now, it’s not impossible that I’d be doing what Israel is doing in Gaza right now.

It's an interesting perspective. If you were a Palestinian, born in your homeland, what would you be doing right now?

Have I failed to leave my blighted homeland?
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

If I tried to get Israeli citizenship, would other Palestinians kill me?
JamJar

Post by JamJar »

JackyJoll wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:40 pm If I tried to get Israeli citizenship, would other Palestinians kill me?
Israel has 2 million Arab/Palestinian Muslim citizens or with full residency
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

JackyJoll wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:40 pm If I tried to get Israeli citizenship, would other Palestinians kill me?
"Individuals born within the country receive Israeli citizenship at birth if at least one parent is a citizen. Non-Jewish foreigners may naturalize after living in the country for at least three years while holding permanent residency and demonstrating knowledge in the Hebrew language."

Please come back in a couple of years time to tell us how it's going.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

JackyJoll wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:39 pm
Count Steer wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:37 pm

Have I failed to leave my blighted homeland?
Assume the answer to that is "yes'.

Assume the answer to that is 'no'.

Now explain what difference it makes.
Voltaire
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

JamJar wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:44 pm
Israel has 2 million Arab/Palestinian Muslim citizens or with full residency
I knew there were some. I don’t know if you can apply, or did you have to be in at the start.