Debanking

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Noggin

Re: Debanking

Post by Noggin »

Count Steer wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:50 pm
Cousin Jack wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:48 pm Goes with the territory. If you were that dissenting, ie you really thought the CEO was a diasaster waitimg to happen, you would resign and walk away
Sooooo....your answer to a democratic vote that doesn't go in your favour is to leave, right?.......
Worked for me :1 :1 :1 :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Mussels wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:01 pm Shareholders* have power over how the company is run so if the management break the law it's right for the company to be fined, some incentive for shareholders to keep management in check.

* Some more than others.
True dat. It's my own argument for water companies being publically quoted companies....so I can't argue. :lol:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Apparently, Farage will start formal proceedings for damages against Nat West/Coutts next week. The claim is thought to be worth millions, or a former executive's original payout! :? :lol:
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Taipan wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:33 pm Apparently, Farage will start formal proceedings for damages against Nat West/Coutts next week. The claim is thought to be worth millions, or a former executive's original payout! :? :lol:

You mean NatWest will give him enough money for him to qualify for a Coutts account?

How ironic. :D
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Taipan wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:33 pm Apparently, Farage will start formal proceedings for damages against Nat West/Coutts next week. The claim is thought to be worth millions, or a former executive's original payout! :? :lol:
Damage to what? :D
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Taipan wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:33 pm The claim is thought to be worth millions
If Coutts/Natwest have breached GDPR be revealing Farage's personal info - I'm not saying they have BTW, but it looks reasonably likely - then any pay out he'd get is peanuts in comparison to the fines they face! Maximum fine is £17.5 million or 4% of annual turnover, whichever is greater.

If you're talking just Coutt's that'd be up to £40 million fine, if you widen it to all of Natwest it's >£600 million :shock:

I imagine it's that ^^^, in combination with the exit of a proven profit making CEO, which caused the share price to drop more than anything.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

DefTrap wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:04 pm
Damage to what? :D
His reputation? :lol:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Potter

Post by Potter »

Even if he wins millions in damages we'll still have people on here in utter denial claiming that the bank did nothing wrong.
Political blindness gives me endless entertainment :D
cheb

Post by cheb »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:10 pm
Taipan wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:33 pm The claim is thought to be worth millions
If Coutts/Natwest have breached GDPR be revealing Farage's personal info - I'm not saying they have BTW, but it looks reasonably likely - then any pay out he'd get is peanuts in comparison to the fines they face! Maximum fine is £17.5 million or 4% of annual turnover, whichever is greater.

If you're talking just Coutt's that'd be up to £40 million fine, if you widen it to all of Natwest it's >£600 million :shock:

I imagine it's that ^^^, in combination with the exit of a proven profit making CEO, which caused the share price to drop more than anything.
If it drops far enough they could be taken back into public ownership. Again.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

cheb wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:47 am
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:10 pm

If it drops far enough they could be taken back into public ownership. Again.
So Farage could debank the bank! :thumbup: