In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
David

Re: In todays news...

Post by David »

Potter wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:25 pm
mangocrazy wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:07 pm
Potter wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:59 pm

You acknowledge the police report, good, now we agree I didn’t make it up.

Do you think the poppy seller is a liar and has made a false statement?
You willingly followed the narrative of the popular press in rushing to judgement while being aware that the police report was non-committal at best. So you basically propagated something that could neither be proved or disproved.

As for the poppy seller, he may have been lying or he may have been telling the truth, but on the basis of the police report we have no way of knowing.
They haven't found Jill Dando's killer.

So perhaps it never happened?
I think it did, 'cos she's planted round the corner from me.
Potter

Post by Potter »

mangocrazy wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:24 pm
Thankyou. In what way does that mass of verbiage have any bearing on what I wrote?
I don't know what point Irie was getting at but I suspect that he thinks you've done your usual thing of arguing when you don't know what you're talking about.

Hamas's original statement of intent was that there is only one solution to the Israel/Palastine situation, and that is Jihad.
They have always been for the annihilation of Israel via the murder of every single citizen.

I've often faced racism on here when I've defended the Middle East, I didn't see you helping me out, so it's somewhat amusing to me now to see you siding with Palestine, Iran and Qatar in the pursuit of their final solution for Israel.
Potter

Post by Potter »

mangocrazy wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:33 pm
mangocrazy wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:07 pm
You willingly followed the narrative of the popular press in rushing to judgement while being aware that the police report was non-committal at best. So you basically propagated something that could neither be proved or disproved.

As for the poppy seller, he may have been lying or he may have been telling the truth, but on the basis of the police report we have no way of knowing.

This is very poor stuff from you, Potter, and smacks of desperation.
I'm using a silly example to point out your frankly ridiculous assertion that the crime probably never happened because the guilty party hasn't been identified and bought to justice.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Potter wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:36 pm

I'm using a silly example to point out your frankly ridiculous assertion that the crime probably never happened because the guilty party hasn't been identified and bought to justice.
No, you're getting frustrated because I keep dragging you back to the police report which clearly states there is insufficient evidence to proceed. I'm blocking your flighted spin using a solid forward defensive and you're not enjoying it much.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Potter wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:21 pm
MyLittleStudPony wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:16 pm I suspect Hamas may not be a fair reflection of the views of the majority of Palestinians...
Why did they vote them into power then?
Do you really think the Mad Mullahs ran a real fair democratic election? If you do, I have these magic beans ..........
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Potter

Post by Potter »

mangocrazy wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:41 pm
Potter wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:36 pm

No, you're getting frustrated because I keep dragging you back to the police report which clearly states there is insufficient evidence to proceed. I'm blocking your flighted spin using a solid forward defensive and you're not enjoying it much.

I'm not frustrated, I'm amused because you don't have the backbone to say that you think the poppy seller was lying - that's all I've been trying to get you to respond to.

First you accused me of lying, then when you were proven wrong you're accusing him of lying, you just don't have the balls to say so.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Cousin Jack wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:44 pm
MyLittleStudPony wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:16 pm I suspect Hamas may not be a fair reflection of the views of the majority of Palestinians...
Do you really think the Mad Mullahs ran a real fair democratic election? If you do, I have these magic beans ..........
You're saying it's a corrupt regime?
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

MyLittleStudPony wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:31 pm

Have you got the stones to answer this question seeing as you've swerved my others?
Did they vote them in?

"Since June 2007, the Fatah-led government has exercised authority in Ramallah, West Bank, and has been recognized as the official government of the Palestinian Authority; while since Hamas took control in the Gaza Strip, it has exercised de facto control there, ousting Fatah PNA representatives in June 2007."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_government
No, they didn't vote them in they fought and beat Fatah/PNA and killed Fatah supporters. The problem now is that if you appear to think that Palestinians deserve better than their Hamas or Israeli overlords provide you are apparently radicalised.

Meanwhile on the West Bank Fatah/PNA appear helpless against the tide of aggression provided by immigrant zealots, chewing at their border in the so called 'settlements'.

Netanyahu needs an enemy to stay in power, so he's making sure that there is one and has been for years. If there's a peace,/settlement he's toast.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Potter wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:54 pm
mangocrazy wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:41 pm No, you're getting frustrated because I keep dragging you back to the police report which clearly states there is insufficient evidence to proceed. I'm blocking your flighted spin using a solid forward defensive and you're not enjoying it much.

I'm not frustrated, I'm amused because you don't have the backbone to say that you think the poppy seller was lying - that's all I've been trying to get you to respond to.

First you accused me of lying, then when you were proven wrong you're accusing him of lying, you just don't have the balls to say so.
I've never said that either you or the poppy seller were lying. All I've said is that you chose to run with an accusation which could not be proved or disproved. And (as I've said for the umpteenth time) no-one other than the poppy seller himself knows if he's making it up or telling the truth.

And you have not 'proven me wrong' because the police report does not give a clear verdict. It states (here we go again) that there was insufficient evidence to proceed.

This is beginning to feel like Groundhog Day.
Potter

Post by Potter »

mangocrazy wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:59 amI've never said that either you or the poppy seller were lying.
Now you're lying.

mangocrazy wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:59 am To the best of my knowledge "Hitting old poppy sellers and vandalising war memorials" is merely a product of Potter's overwrought brain and is firmly in the realms of fiction...

A poppy seller reported an assault and a war memorial was vandalised, I didn't make it up, YOU called me a liar or a fantasist.
Be a man and apologise.
irie

Post by irie »

irie wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:13 pm
mangocrazy wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:01 pm
The state of Israel has basically conned the rest of the world into accepting that any criticism of the state of Israel equates to anti-semitism. This is clearly bollocks, but it's very widely accepted bollocks.

I don't believe Corbyn is anti-semitic either. He is a vocal and trenchant critic of Israel's treatment of Palestine and Palestinians, but that does not make him anti-semitic.
I think you should read the Hamas Covenant posted below in its entirety. hth :)
Thankyou. In what way does that mass of verbiage have any bearing on what I wrote?
Did you read it in its entirety?
Last edited by irie on Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

A poppy seller reported an assault. The police investigated and did not find sufficient evidence to proceed or to charge anyone. Therefore it is purely a report of an incident that may or may not have happened. It's in the realms of fiction; a fiction you were happy to believe and propagate.

No apology will be forthcoming as there is nothing for me to apologise for.

And you need to take a chill pill, mate.
Potter

Post by Potter »

mangocrazy wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:19 pm A poppy seller reported an assault. The police investigated and did not find sufficient evidence to proceed or to charge anyone. Therefore it is purely a report of an incident that may or may not have happened. It's in the realms of fiction; a fiction you were happy to believe and propagate.

I'm super chilled, I'm just seeing if you have any integrity.

You accused me of lies and fantasy when I said that an assault has been reported and a war memorial vandalised, both of which were reported to the police and in the news. The outcome of both has not been settled because as far as I know they haven't found anyone to prosecute, but I DID NOT make those stories up as you claimed.

You outright called me a liar and fantasist, but now you don't have the integrity to apologise when you're wrong.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Potter wrote: You're saying it's a corrupt regime?
Virtually all ME regimes are corrupt to some extent. Hamas is too, although it uses violence as it's main weapon. And I would class it as a terrorist organization rather than a regime.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

irie wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:17 pm
irie wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:13 pm

I think you should read the Hamas Covenant posted below in its entirety. hth :)
F*ck me, you really are as thick as your posts make you out to be! :lol:
Well, that escalated quickly... the ad-hominem insults occurrng in your second response to me.

I've noticed that a feature of your posts is that you dump a mass of text in a response and expect that to somehow prove your point. It doesn't. For a start you need to point out the relevant parts of the text (especially when the text is as long as the one you posted) and then apply it to the other person's comments. You did neither.

To be honest I don't even think that you understood what it was in my comment that you were replying to. I wasn't trying to glorify or even support Hamas. I didn't even mention them. My comment was about JC's view of Israel and how his support of Palestine was regarded as anti-semitic by Israel.

So not only dd you post a long screed of essentially meaningless text, it had no rellevance to what I was saying or the point I was making.

What was that you were saying about 'thick'?
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Potter wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:24 pm
mangocrazy wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:19 pm A poppy seller reported an assault. The police investigated and did not find sufficient evidence to proceed or to charge anyone. Therefore it is purely a report of an incident that may or may not have happened. It's in the realms of fiction; a fiction you were happy to believe and propagate.

I'm super chilled, I'm just seeing if you have any integrity.

You accused me of lies and fantasy when I said that an assault has been reported and a war memorial vandalised, both of which were reported to the police and in the news. The outcome of both has not been settled because as far as I know they haven't found anyone to prosecute, but I DID NOT make those stories up as you claimed.

You outright called me a liar and fantasist, but now you don't have the integrity to apologise when you're wrong.
My response is the same as in my post above. No apology will be made as none is justified. And you really do need to stop taking yourself so seriously.
Potter

Post by Potter »

mangocrazy wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:36 pm
My response is the same as in my post above. No apology will be made as none is justified. And you really do need to stop taking yourself so seriously.

If ever I accuse someone of lying and it turns out that they're not and they point it out to me, I'll just tell them to stop taking themselves too seriously :lol:
Last edited by Potter on Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
irie

Post by irie »

mangocrazy wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:31 pm My comment was about JC's view of Israel and how his support of Palestine was regarded as anti-semitic by Israel.
Firstly, as you see above before your reply I edited my post.

Secondly, if you care to read the Hamas Covenant you will see that JC's support for Hamas is by definition anti-semitic.

Have you read the Hamas Covenant in its entirety?
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Well, it is all very entertaining watching however, seriously, step away from the 'keyboards' for a while. This tit for tat obviously keeps people amused but generates more heat than light. STFU for a while. It doesn't make any difference which one of you 'wins'.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Potter

Post by Potter »

Count Steer wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:49 pm Well, it is all very entertaining watching however, seriously, step away from the 'keyboards' for a while. This tit for tat obviously keeps people amused but generates more heat than light. STFU for a while. It doesn't make any difference which one of you 'wins'.
Light :lol:

There is no light here, this isn't a scholarly forum, it's literally stupidity held up for all to see via the medium of old boomers talking rubbish :lol:

I'm done anyway, I just enjoy showing him up when he doesn't know what he's talking about, and calling me a liar when I wasn't lying.