In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Potter

Re: In todays news...

Post by Potter »

mangocrazy wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:15 am You could always link to a verified and verifiable report of said poppy seller assault...?
Verified and verifiable? What does that mean? There are loads of news stories, but as stated in respect of the poppy seller that was assaulted, the police cannot find the people in the crowd that hit the old man, so what can they do?
I suppose this means that if no one has been convicted in a court of law then it can't be verified?

You're very keen on facts today, usually you completely ignore them :lol:
I suppose you could call the ex-military old man selling poppies a liar if you want to?
Potter

Post by Potter »

I just flicked the news on, to be fair the only problems so far have been from white supremacists, not entirely unexpected, they're probably sore from dragging their knuckles on the ground so much.

The Jew hater Corbyn is on the march now though, I think the only decent thing Starmer has done so far is cancel him and ensure that he's never near power again.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Potter wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:45 pm I just flicked the news on, to be fair the only problems so far have been from white supremacists, not entirely unexpected, they're probably sore from dragging their knuckles on the ground so much.

The Jew hater Corbyn is on the march now though, I think the only decent thing Starmer has done so far is cancel him and ensure that he's never near power again.
I'm not sure that's what happened, although I expect it will later when the two groups meet up. The scuffle was apparently caused by the Met Police blocking the procession, from the embankment meet-up, from getting to the cenotaph as they were singing "England to I die". Of course MSM is putting a different spin on it! Let's see if the Met Police stop the Free Palestine group from getting to where their march is headed, y'know just to be fair like... :roll:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Don't remember the Free Palestine folk screaming for Free Ukraine.

Just a thought.
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:48 pm
irie wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:46 pm If you destroy the past then you condemn those who follow to repeat it.
That's why we have so many statues glorifying Hitler and Napolean in this country after all :thumbup:
We have statues of those that defeated them, just to remind the French and Germans who's really in charge. Two world wars and one world cup!!
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Potter wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:38 pm
mangocrazy wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:15 am You could always link to a verified and verifiable report of said poppy seller assault...?
Verified and verifiable? What does that mean? There are loads of news stories, but as stated in respect of the poppy seller that was assaulted, the police cannot find the people in the crowd that hit the old man, so what can they do?
I suppose this means that if no one has been convicted in a court of law then it can't be verified?

I suppose you could call the ex-military old man selling poppies a liar if you want to?
So you don't have a credible source; rather as expected. If roles were reversed you'd be howling at the moon for proof of any assertion.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Just for something a bit different, Mother Nature flexing her muscles.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-67387827
https://en.vedur.is/about-imo/news/a-se ... last-night
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Taipan wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:01 pm
Potter wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:45 pm I just flicked the news on, to be fair the only problems so far have been from white supremacists, not entirely unexpected, they're probably sore from dragging their knuckles on the ground so much.

I'm not sure that's what happened, although I expect it will later when the two groups meet up. The scuffle was apparently caused by the Met Police blocking the procession, from the embankment meet-up, from getting to the cenotaph as they were singing "England to I die". Of course MSM is putting a different spin on it! Let's see if the Met Police stop the Free Palestine group from getting to where their march is headed, y'know just to be fair like... :roll:
It's ok, the thought police are making arrests.
BBC wrote: Arrests were to prevent a breach of the peace, say police
We've just got an update on those arrests from the Metropolitan Police.
The force says a total of 82 people have been arrested on Tachbrook Street "to prevent a breach of the peace".
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Potter wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:02 am

. It’s like reading a report on a murdered person and then feverishly pointing at lots of unmurdered people to claim that murder is a myth.
Its also like a report of a poppy seller being assaulted and then interviewing every poppy seller in Christendom for their vox pop
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

mangocrazy wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:39 pm
Potter wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:38 pm

So you don't have a credible source; rather as expected. If roles were reversed you'd be howling at the moon for proof of any assertion.
Does that help?

Taipan

Post by Taipan »

This will! :D

Potter

Post by Potter »

The British Transport Police are fairly credible. But it might not suit Comrade Mango.
Last edited by Potter on Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Taipan wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:07 pm This will! :D

I've done a bit of searching and the only suggestion that the bloke isn't genuine comes from that Twitter account.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

This really goes to show how two people can read the same words and derive totally different conclusions from them. Here are the words in question:

Detectives have extensively monitored CCTV and spoken with key witnesses. There is insufficient evidence to take the investigation further at this time.

"We have no reason to believe that poppy sellers are at any risk or being intentionally targeted"

I'm at a loss to understand how that proves that he was the subject of a 'hate attack'. It states in plain English that after extensively reviewing CCTV footage and talking to witnesses that 'there is insufficient evidence to take the investigation further', in other words nothing to see here, move along.

If that piece of fluff is the best you can do, then I suggest you quit while you're behind.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Pirahna wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:18 pm
Taipan wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:07 pm This will! :D

I've done a bit of searching and the only suggestion that the bloke isn't genuine comes from that Twitter account.
TBH I doubt anyone would be stupid enough to wear a Paras beret and sell poppies, but I kinda thought the desperation to discredit him was funny!
Potter

Post by Potter »

mangocrazy wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:32 pm This really goes to show how two people can read the same words and derive totally different conclusions from them. Here are the words in question:

Detectives have extensively monitored CCTV and spoken with key witnesses. There is insufficient evidence to take the investigation further at this time.

"We have no reason to believe that poppy sellers are at any risk or being intentionally targeted"

I'm at a loss to understand how that proves that he was the subject of a 'hate attack'. It states in plain English that after extensively reviewing CCTV footage and talking to witnesses that 'there is insufficient evidence to take the investigation further', in other words nothing to see here, move along.

If that piece of fluff is the best you can do, then I suggest you quit while you're behind.
You’re using words that usually don’t apply to any of your arguments, like “prove” :D

An allegation was made and alongside documented damage to war memorials it seemed credible. You can choose to call him a liar, and to be fair it could be possible, you boomers will ignore the truth if it suits your political posturing, so we’ll have to see.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

I'm not calling anyone anything (unlike your good self). I am merely quoting the words of a police report. If you choose to disbelieve that report and are still convinced there is a case to answer, then I'm afraid I can't help you any further.
Potter

Post by Potter »

mangocrazy wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:06 pm I'm not calling anyone anything (unlike your good self). I am merely quoting the words of a police report. If you choose to disbelieve that report and are still convinced there is a case to answer, then I'm afraid I can't help you any further.
What you originally said was that it was all in my imagination.
(Or perhaps that I was a liar?)

Now it’s been proven to be an actual documented police report made by a man who insists that he was assaulted but it still doesn’t suit you, so it’s simple, you either think the victim is lying or you don’t.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

The police report said there was no case to answer, but that clearly doesn't suit you, sir. On the basis of the police report it does rather seem that it was all in your imagination or at the very least you wished it was true.
MyLittleStudPony

Post by MyLittleStudPony »

Well, well! Dozens of statue defenders arrested and the peace march allowed to take place in peace. This new head of the Met is so much better than the last one.