This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
irie

Re: This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Post by irie »

Count Steer wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:26 pm PS. Estimates are that 1/5th of Americans are illiterate/functionally illiterate. Yet, they can vote. (Don't laugh, similar estimates in Europe put the figures there at 1/3rd - they have a vote too).

So. Get used to the people in charge having been put there by the illiterate/functionally illiterate as they swing the vote. Get used to politicians trawling for the votes of the people that can't tie their own shoelaces. Murdoch twigged it years ago. Welcome to the wonders of democracy. In the end the stupids will run the world (boom!) and Trump is a glorious advert for that.

Fact.
Plus ça change.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:54 pm He boosted Obamacare funding by some tens of billions of dollars, without even meaning too.

Man's a genius.
I actually got approved for that under Trump after SIX FUCKING YEARS of trying under Obama. (actually 6 years 2 months). Good thing I wasn't dealing with anything potentially fatal.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Potter wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:55 am
DefTrap wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:38 am
Some would say that's a good deal (if it's true) for ridding themselves of one of the worst madcap presidencies in living memory. It was certainly an argument used during Brexit - happy to take some future immediate hardship for the "right decision" and supposed long term gain.
The UK sentiment towards Trump is clear, but for those of you that don't stray out of the EU then the rest of the world (whether they liked him or not) saw him as a strong leader, whereas Biden is just a joke to everyone, mention his name and people just laugh, he's literally just a clown figure for anyone I've spoken to east of Germany.

The government only have some influence on the economy, but a strong leader in a country like the USA does have a lot of influence on how people perceive things. E.g. Would Putin have invaded Ukraine if Trump (or Obama) had been sat in the WH?
Trump always struck me as more of an appeaser than a hawk, whereas Biden has always been known as a hawk.

That’s not a defence of Biden btw.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Yeah Trump's plan for dealing with Putin is more likely to be "let Russian companies buy loads of US assets for pennies" or something equally daft.

Putin strikes me as the kind of leader Trump thinks he is.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

The bottom line is no world leaders got ambitious under Trump, under Biden they're running wild. Even Israel just told Biden to STFU & STFD.. so he sent Blinken over there & they told him the same thing... and so did the Chinese & Iranians.
Nordboy

Post by Nordboy »

Blimey, I'm sort of surprised that anyone can think Trump is a good leader or any sort of person who should be President. I know the bar is set pretty damn low, but Trump, he's limbo'ing under the bar????

The bloke is a liar and a grifter, a complete and total narcissist, in fact the best compliment I could give him is that he would be the first person I would use as an complete definition or example of a narcissist.

The only person that ever matters on this planet is himself, he's proved over and over again that he'll literally throw anyone under the bus to protect himself, even his family.

That's who people want in the WH? Mental health is certainly on the rise then??

I think the legal cases are pretty amusing in some ways. If he'd not been such a narcissist then he'd happily be still running his company, staying under the radar. Because of him, he's put himself in the limelight and people have realised that he's not quite the 'bestest' businessman in the world. In fact most of what he touches turns to ratshit!!
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

ZRX61 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:29 am The bottom line is no world leaders got ambitious under Trump, under Biden they're running wild. Even Israel just told Biden to STFU & STFD.. so he sent Blinken over there & they told him the same thing... and so did the Chinese & Iranians.
That's your second unjustifiable "bottom line" on this thread and it's quite a promise. I almost want Trump to be the next President now just so he can show us how easy it is to shut down these conflicts in Israel and Ukraine. When I say "show us" I mean "fail to" obviously.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Trump was the first President, and possibly the only Western leader, to meet Kim Jong Un! That was pretty fecking impressive! If anyone gets to talk to Putin I think Trump has the gall to do it.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

DefTrap wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:27 am That's your second unjustifiable "bottom line" on this thread and it's quite a promise. I almost want Trump to be the next President now just so he can show us how easy it is to shut down these conflicts in Israel and Ukraine. When I say "show us" I mean "fail to" obviously.

That IS easy, just stop arming both sides in Israel & stop funding/arming Ukraine... & Trump has the balls to do it. Biden armed the Taliban to the tune of $Billions.. & then they sold a shit-ton of the weaponry to Hezbollah & Hamas.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Taipan wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:38 am Trump was the first President, and possibly the only Western leader, to meet Kim Jong Un! That was pretty fecking impressive! If anyone gets to talk to Putin I think Trump has the gall to do it.
I am not sure what anyone could hope to gain by talking to Kim Jong Un. Bit like talking to a rabid dog.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

ZRX61 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:47 pm
DefTrap wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:27 am That's your second unjustifiable "bottom line" on this thread and it's quite a promise. I almost want Trump to be the next President now just so he can show us how easy it is to shut down these conflicts in Israel and Ukraine. When I say "show us" I mean "fail to" obviously.

That IS easy, just stop arming both sides in Israel & stop funding/arming Ukraine... & Trump has the balls to do it. Biden armed the Taliban to the tune of $Billions.. & then they sold a shit-ton of the weaponry to Hezbollah & Hamas.
Stop arming/funding Ukraine and Putin will win, and the first domino will be down. It wont be the last.

Israel is quite capable of arming itself, and Iran is doing the same for the other side. The US is a bit irrelevant, which is a nice change from invading and making things worse.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Cousin Jack wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:48 pm Stop arming/funding Ukraine and Putin will win, and the first domino will be down. It wont be the last.

Israel is quite capable of arming itself, and Iran is doing the same for the other side. The US is a bit irrelevant, which is a nice change from invading and making things worse.
In that case Ukraine needs to get rid of that corrupt Napoleon fucker running the place, at this point he's probably fired more Generals than Hitler.

& lets cut off the $Billions that the US sends to Israel & see how they get on.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Nordboy wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:21 am Blimey, I'm sort of surprised that anyone can think Trump is a good leader or any sort of person who should be President. I know the bar is set pretty damn low, but Trump, he's limbo'ing under the bar????

The bloke is a liar and a grifter, a complete and total narcissist, in fact the best compliment I could give him is that he would be the first person I would use as an complete definition or example of a narcissist.

The only person that ever matters on this planet is himself, he's proved over and over again that he'll literally throw anyone under the bus to protect himself, even his family.

That's who people want in the WH? Mental health is certainly on the rise then??

I think the legal cases are pretty amusing in some ways. If he'd not been such a narcissist then he'd happily be still running his company, staying under the radar. Because of him, he's put himself in the limelight and people have realised that he's not quite the 'bestest' businessman in the world. In fact most of what he touches turns to ratshit!!
Sounds like every politician on the planet. Maybe, when dealing with nuclear powers, it's good to keep thing's as friendly as possible. Not easy i imagine. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yamaha rocket 3
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

He sure is blazing that trail already! :thumbup:
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Taipan wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:02 am He sure is blazing that trail already! :thumbup:
Really? Iowa has a population of 3 million. He picked up 110,298 votes...51% of the turnout (of registered Republican voters). Last time a Republican won Iowa and went on to win the election, it was George W Bush.

Not exactly blazing yet.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Count Steer wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:07 am
Taipan wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:02 am He sure is blazing that trail already! :thumbup:
Really? Iowa has a population of 3 million. He picked up 110,298 votes...51% of the turnout (of registered Republican voters). Last time a Republican won Iowa and went on to win the election, it was George W Bush.

Not exactly blazing yet.
Day/state 1. He is on his way to The Whitehouse for sure. :thumbup:
Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

Sadly you might be right. 73 million dumbarses voted for him last time and I doubt they have wised up to this POS. What a sad indictment on a once great nation.

My friends in the USA are already talking to real estate agents with the genuine intention of moving to another country should he get back in..

Given the number of guns, someone must take a pop at him and do the world a favour.

Yes, I don't like ol Trumpy boy.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

I really do not understand the US public. A choice between a rabid fantasist or a demented old idiot. Surely the US could find a couple of other billionaires to pretend to offer democracy?
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Cousin Jack wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:35 pm I really do not understand the US public. A choice between a rabid fantasist or a demented old idiot. Surely the US could find a couple of other billionaires to pretend to offer democracy?
The policy is to elect an even bigger fucking idiot than the previous fucking idiot. As some point you realize that the current idiot really is the bottom of the barrel & the trend reverses... That would require the election of Trump, followed by someone smarter than him (DeSantis).

& I'd vote for DeSantis merely for stating than Nikki Haley suffers from "ballistic podiatry".... & tbh, Haley is damn near making Hilary look good. Her main platform appears to be saying something, denying she said it two days later, accusing the people who pointed out what she said as liars & then being called out when shown video of her saying it.
irie

Post by irie »

Nordboy wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:21 am ... [Trump] is a liar and a grifter, a complete and total narcissist ...
You mean like Saint John F Kennedy was? ;)
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno