Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Bigjawa

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by Bigjawa »

I'm sitting in the waiting area of the fracture clinic. There's a woman of a certain age with her phone not set to silent. She's listening to Elvis and judging by the looks she's getting she'll be getting some new fractures soon. Ignorant oul bat.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

My prostate. Was penciled in to have the TURP next Friday. All geared up for it, but my last PSA was 3.9. One prior to that was 6.9. Median for an old git like me is 3.0. :o

Hence, Bones says he wants an MRI, possible biopsy, before venturing in with his hot wire cutting tool. I suppose it makes sense, as if there's anything wrong with the prostate that requires whipping it out, doing a bit of delicate surgery beforehand would be a bit like decorating a condemned house.

Given my impending holibobs to Thailand at the end of the year, he's put the brakes on it all until I come back because, as he put it, Thailand is a bit of a third-world country and getting sick over there is a bit risky. My answer to that was that I've been in the East London Hospital A+E dept. at midnight on a Friday. Now that's grim. :D
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Bigjawa wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:56 am I'm sitting in the waiting area of the fracture clinic. There's a woman of a certain age with her phone not set to silent. She's listening to Elvis and judging by the looks she's getting she'll be getting some new fractures soon. Ignorant oul bat.
Hope you've not broken anything serious!

And on the topic of people mismanaging phones - I sodding well HATE people that have public chats on their mobiles in confined spaces, or worse, watch videos :obscene-birdiedoublered:

I know some people 'need' to use the speaker function, but most of those people will take the phone outside (partly to help them hear!).

But FFS, if you want to watch a video in a bar, then take the sodding ear phones with you and USE them!!!!!! :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Jody wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:32 pm Washing machines !!!

Why is it, that from the second it starts the door is locked tighter than fort knox. No amount of fiddling with the buttons or switching the power off is enough to let the damn door open WHY FFS
I assume you've RTFM?

Ah....men...manuals...

As you were.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Noggin wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:44 pm I sodding well HATE people that have public chats on their mobiles in confined spaces
I just join in on their call, fuck 'em.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Noggin wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:44 pm
Bigjawa wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:56 am I'm sitting in the waiting area of the fracture clinic. There's a woman of a certain age with her phone not set to silent. She's listening to Elvis and judging by the looks she's getting she'll be getting some new fractures soon. Ignorant oul bat.
Hope you've not broken anything serious!

And on the topic of people mismanaging phones - I sodding well HATE people that have public chats on their mobiles in confined spaces, or worse, watch videos :obscene-birdiedoublered:

I know some people 'need' to use the speaker function, but most of those people will take the phone outside (partly to help them hear!).

But FFS, if you want to watch a video in a bar, then take the sodding ear phones with you and USE them!!!!!! :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:
Both my Sister and step F-i-L do that. I have to ask them to leave the room as they speak louder to counter the exisiting conversation in the room. Its so rude to do that! :wtf:
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

The price to rent a film on Sky Q, 15 quid for The Equaliser 3, I don't bloomin' think so sunshine :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Taipan wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:16 pm
Both my Sister and step F-i-L do that.

I'm sorry, I've had a couple of rakıs this evening so not 100% - what the fuck is a step F-i-L?
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yambo wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:06 pm
Taipan wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:16 pm
Both my Sister and step F-i-L do that.

I'm sorry, I've had a couple of rakıs this evening so not 100% - what the fuck is a step F-i-L?
Step F-i-L = Step Father in law :thumbup:
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

I was recently on a cross channel ferry, really dull, so they have a bunch of 'quiet' lounges, tucked away from all the dreadful cafeteria shuffling, where all the bored giffers can have a bit of a snooze in some sort of comfort.

Except some fat mare just sits there watching endless Facebook reels and shorts without muting the volume.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Always 50/50 if it's people not giving a fuck what others think (can imagine quite a few on here with that attitude :lol: ), or people not realising they're being annoying.
cheb

Post by cheb »

I can never understand why it's always other people that are annoying.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Scam texts/mails looking for money.

Normally I think it's pretty bloody obvious things are a scam but I've had a text and it looks pretty good. So I didn't click the link, I've entered it onto a browser on my laptop (maybe as bad, but I didn't want to just click something)

It does look pretty official but there's a couple of things that make me think not -

- The lines that should be clicked to open info show the hand when you hover the mouse, but when you click, nothing happens
- The first line I found that did 'open' took me to a different government site
- the 'code' number and key that sent in the text is already in the webpage and can't be deleted

When you add in the fact that i've not driven/riden/parked anywhere for a few weeks, I think I'm going to ignore it and hope it isn't official and doesn't go up by 100€ by me not paying!

But, FFS, this one has me concerned!! (Can do the 35€ if I have to but definitely not 135€) :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:

Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Oh, and dripping taps!!

The tap in my kitchen is dripping again. Ok, it's three years old, but surely it should last longer than that????

So, I can't turn it of to stop the very slow drip but I can hear the very slow drip!

Guess I'm going to have to get a lift to the valley and buy a new mixer tap then see if I can work out how to fit the bastard thing!!

Yes I'm pissy - it's been snowing most of the last two days and it's been raining for the last couple of hours - unimpressed :( :( :(
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

If you click the little padlock on the address bar it'll tell you who runs the website (give or take, layman's terms here ;) ). You can then tell if the certificates have been issued to "giveusallyourcreditcards.china".
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Noggin wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:52 pm Scam texts/mails looking for money.

Normally I think it's pretty bloody obvious things are a scam but I've had a text and it looks pretty good. So I didn't click the link, I've entered it onto a browser on my laptop (maybe as bad, but I didn't want to just click something)

It does look pretty official but there's a couple of things that make me think not -

- The lines that should be clicked to open info show the hand when you hover the mouse, but when you click, nothing happens
- the 'code' number and key that sent in the text is already in the webpage and can't be deleted

When you add in the fact that i've not driven/riden/parked anywhere for a few weeks, I think I'm going to ignore it and hope it isn't official and doesn't go up by 100€ by me not paying!

But, FFS, this one has me concerned!! (Can do the 35€ if I have to but definitely not 135€) :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:

Err...what are they trying to extort money for exactly? Speeding, parking, breathing....
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:55 pm If you click the little padlock on the address bar it'll tell you who runs the website (give or take, layman's terms here ;) ). You can then tell if the certificates have been issued to "giveusallyourcreditcards.china".
Not sure what this means! (I can use computers pretty well, I do not understand the rest of it!! LOL)

Count Steer wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:02 pm
Err...what are they trying to extort money for exactly? Speeding, parking, breathing....
Well, that's the other thing - it's not exactly specific which raises flags to me. I 'think' it's parking or speeding. I'm not aware of either in the last month and didn't have a vehicle before!!!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Noggin wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:52 pm Scam texts/mails looking for money.

Never look at this shite. If it's not a letter in the post, ignore it.
Nothing else is official.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Noggin wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:05 pm
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:55 pm Not sure what this means! (I can use computers pretty well, I do not understand the rest of it!! LOL)
The little arrow next to "connection is secure" tells you more.

Honestly though, it ends in ".net" and is therefore bullshit pretty much for sure. Real government agencies end .gov, .fr etc.

Plus the website in the address bar and the text at the top of the page don't match :lol:
Last edited by Mr. Dazzle on Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Yorick wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:13 pm Never look at this shite. If it's not a letter in the post, ignore it.
Nothing else is official.
Cheers. I was 99.9% sure just pisses me off that I wasn't 100%!!!