In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
gremlin

Re: In todays news...

Post by gremlin »

Greenman wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:23 am Was watching the news this morning and they done a report on how the Police get called names, get abused and generally are treated like crap by a minority of the public. Lot's off with mental health issues due to name calling etc!

FFS - ITS YOUR FUCKING JOB, you have chosen to work in law enforcement where most of the rules are there to protect the rich from the poor and you wonder why you get abuse from the public! - It was like watching interviews with small children on the playground dressed as coppers!

How do all these snowflakes cope with day to day life?
So you think it's ok to abuse people for simply doing their job? How's that work with traffic wardens? They fair game? Shop assistants? Bar security?

If you provide the list then we'll know who we have the moral authority to abuse. Save all the confusions as to who we have be cunty to and who we smile at, innit.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

Potter wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:33 am
weeksy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:11 am
No it won't... it won't come as a shock to any of them, anyone can see the way things are, none of this is even remotely newsworthy apart from the fact that lots of companies are folding... But is that news... well, not really.

It had nothing to do with you telling us, you can see it walking down any highstreet, walking into any pub, going to any shopping center... People are not doing as well as they were in terms of disposable income.
Oh I see what you mean, yes now it's actually happening you'd be hard pressed to miss it or ignore it.

I remember saying this a couple of years ago, I said you could put your head in the sand and pretend it isn't coming, or prepare for it by cutting back, because if you wait until it's actually happened and it's right under your nose then it's too late.
Now it's too late.
I cant remember who said it or where i read it - May have been wake up to money on the Beeb or in the FT - Covid money kept businesses going that would have failed
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Greenman wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:23 am Was watching the news this morning and they done a report on how the Police get called names, get abused and generally are treated like crap by a minority of the public. Lot's off with mental health issues due to name calling etc!

FFS - ITS YOUR FUCKING JOB, you have chosen to work in law enforcement where most of the rules are there to protect the rich from the poor and you wonder why you get abuse from the public! - It was like watching interviews with small children on the playground dressed as coppers!

If the police didn't abuse the law as much then maybe people would have more respect.
JamJar

Post by JamJar »

My son works in law enforcement and his job is primarily catching people who fuck children, rich or poor, so you know what you can get fucked.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

gremlin wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:25 am

So you think it's ok to abuse people for simply doing their job? How's that work with traffic wardens? They fair game? Shop assistants? Bar security?

If you provide the list then we'll know who we have the moral authority to abuse. Save all the confusions as to who we have be cunty to and who we smile at, innit.
Here we go.

Where did i say it was ok for them to get abused? Go on, show me?

I was simply making the point that they have gone into a job as to where they are obviously going to get abused then moan about getting abused. If they didn't want this kind of attention then they should not have gone into this vocation.

It's like a teacher saying that they go into work and they have to deal with snotty noses and kids misbehaving, it's a joke!

I know teachers who get abused daily, it's part of the job, in fact so do i, i work in a support role which naturally can be quite challenging and i get moaned at an abused fairly often, i don't then go home and ring in work saying "i cant cope due to mental health problems because a year 11 student called me a fatty bumface" as i accept it is part of my job!

I am just fed up with all the snowflakes that kick up stink for something that is quite obviously part of their job.

Next we will probably start seeing them complaining about having to wear the high-vis vests as the colour yellow offends them and it is affecting their mental health!

Edit - btw, the way the police abuse the system and the people they arrest is what should be addressed.
Last edited by Greenman on Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

JamJar wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:57 am

My son works in law enforcement and his job is primarily catching people who fuck children, rich or poor, so you know what you can get fucked.
Good on him.

Does he ever get abused?
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Greenman wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:10 am

By saying 'It's your job', you normalise it and, by implication, justify it. Being abused by somebody you're arresting is understandable, but I have friends who are coppers and one my best mate's daughter has just joined the Met. She's 20 and already it seems to be the norm that the public think it's ok to spit at her, make pig noises, film her every move, shout abuse when she's trying to protect those very people.

But if you think that's 'part of her job', go ahead. You're part of the problem by thinking it is.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

gremlin wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:27 am
Greenman wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:10 am

By saying 'It's your job', you normalise it and, by implication, justify it. Being abused by somebody you're arresting is understandable, but I have friends who are coppers and one my best mate's daughter has just joined the Met. She's 20 and already it seems to be the norm that the public think it's ok to spit at her, make pig noises, film her every move, shout abuse when she's trying to protect those very people.

But if you think that's 'part of her job', go ahead. You're part of the problem by thinking it is.
I agree it is disgusting that some people treat the police this way, but yes i think it is part of their job. They have a lot to blame on themselves to with all the obvious corruption that is being brought to light through social media. I think i see 5-10 posts shared to me with videos filmed on phones showing police abuse, proper physical abuse, yet they moan when someone calls them a name!

If you are called to a riot, or a domestic abuse issue, or even a drunken brawl at a pub, how would you expect them to react to the police getting in their face! They aren't exactly going to buy them flowers and give them a kiss on the cheek are they!
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Oh dear :D

This'll piss off Gremmers and Tiepin ;)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-67289519
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Yorick wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:50 am Oh dear :D

This'll piss off Gremmers and Tiepin ;)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-67289519
S'a fahking travesty, so it is. Me feckin' jam tarts broken.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Not sure what you are trying to achieve with those links going back over 7 years!

If you like i could probably share twice as many links from just the past year showing police abuse and instances of police corruption but tbh i can't be fucked as you just don't get it.

Just out of curiosity, if you were a teacher in a pupil referral unit and a student called you the N word daily, would you except that is just part of their job? Or if you got told to fuck off numerous times a day by a 13 year old child, is that ok, or is it just the police that you support?

I only ask as i know loads of teachers that get this kind of abuse daily, every single day, little of them moan about it, you don't hear about it on the news and lot's of them have been in the job for decades!

I have been abused in such settings too, i have wanted to kill some of the kids tbh, but i haven't as i am professional and have always just seen it as part of the job, if you are to be putting yourself in front of abusive, abused and disadvantaged people, you need to accept shit like this happens.
Potter

Post by Potter »

That actually is all part of the job, I never cried in the army when people tried to kill me, and if you join the police then you're actively choosing to pitch yourself against the scum of society, if you can't handle it then quit and do something else.

I was sat with my mate (a copper) this morning when he called round, we were putting the world to rights and he was saying that a lot of the newer generation of coppers are useless (he's retiring early), I asked him what the maximum joining age is because I could still pass the fitness levels for the British infantry easily so I know I can pass a police test - if I joined I'd be right up for dickheads who fancy taking me on and no moaning if I occasionally get my arse kicked.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Greenman wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:56 am

Just out of curiosity, if you were a teacher in a pupil referral unit and a student called you the N word daily, would you except that is just part of their job? Or if you got told to fuck off numerous times a day by a 13 year old child, is that ok, or is it just the police that you support?

I only ask as i know loads of teachers that get this kind of abuse daily, every single day, little of them moan about it, you don't hear about it on the news and lot's of them have been in the job for decades!

I have been abused in such settings too, i have wanted to kill some of the kids tbh, but i haven't as i am professional and have always just seen it as part of the job, if you are to be putting yourself in front of abusive, abused and disadvantaged people, you need to accept shit like this happens.
That's a bit of a distorted comparison, as kids in referral have, in my experience of talking with teachers and school employees, SEN and/or mental health issues. Your average goon in the street spitting on coppers is probably just a cunt in most cases.

Is abuse against teaching staff justified? Of course not, and much of the blame, IMO, stems from the parents who have a scant sense of morals and wouldn't know right from wrong if it was tattooed on their eyelids. Cunty apples don't fall far from cunty trees, IMO.

(Does it make the news? Sure as shit does: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-65905403 https://www.bbc.com/news/education-56625920 , as indeed it should. Unfortunately, parents seem to be working against the school in terms of discipline, whereas it should be a joined-up effort).

Going into a job with your eyes open to the challenges is one thing, normalising it and accepting it as 'part of the job' isn't. If we allow the cunty kids to do as want, they grow into cunty adults spitting on coppers.

BTW, I'm not here for a barney. You have your views, I have mine. S'all good.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

I thought the reason inner city schools get shed loads more money was to deal with kids like this?
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Mussels wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:48 pm I thought the reason inner city schools get shed loads more money was to deal with kids like this?
All my inner city schools are broke as fuck.

One has just been given a £1000 IT budget for the entire year, of course they can offset other money from things like devolved capital but obvs that then decreases the money they have in that pot to use to buy other things!

The places i find that have the most money are MAT's.

A MAT i have been working at in Minehead has about a £250,000 infrastructure to run 1 sec school and 7 very small (less than 100 kids in each) primaries, and they are all in special measures! Apparently he spent £50k on his Aruba switch cluster alone!
cheb

Post by cheb »

gremlin wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:23 am Don't you sometimes wish big corps would have the balls to stand up to social media idiots and tell them to feck off instead of throwing out apologies and statements of love for all every five minutes...

"M&S pulls Christmas advert post after Palestinian flag criticism"

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-67294809

M&S PR gurus: "We have removed the post following feedback and we apologise for any unintentional hurt caused,"

Gremlin's PR: "Grow up, you bunch of fuck knuckles. If you don't like it, go fucking shop at Poundland, you mouth-breathing morons."

One fewer Christmas ad, I see that as a win, especially so early in the year.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

gremlin wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:41 am BTW, I'm not here for a barney. You have your views, I have mine. S'all good.
Maybe you should be a copper.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Definitely a job for the thicker skinned, along with fire and ambulance persons. Since the 'abolishment of discipline act' was introduced , what do folk really expect. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yamaha rocket 3
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

You'd have thought said Ex might have picked up on the fact someone was trying to kill him after the 2nd or 3rd attempt....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-67305278