What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
v8-powered

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by v8-powered »

SORNd my bike, first time ever I think - lightweight....
Felix

Post by Felix »

Managed my first fill days work in seven days without being rained off. Apparently ill get another day tomorrow then more rain. Lost track to what storm rain we are on now.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Weather has turned a bit nippy (42deg) Actually put on a jacket when I left the house to go shopping this morning. Took a while to find it as the last time I wore it was about 8 months ago. Last night I closed my bedroom window for the first time since I turned the AC off a month ago.

On the upside, daytime temps back in the 80's this week :).. altho at this time of the year we have a 40deg temp swing between day & night.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Been peeing with rain all afternoon and evening up here :( Luckily started after me and some friends had finished our little nosy around various places to see what's changed!!! :lol:

Are we renaming this the weather thread??!! :lol: :lol: :angelic-green:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Lots of rain today in this here London (Londres for you Noggin). Quiet day, walked dog, staff meeting, reading, working on sermon for Memorial Service, getting my head around moving logistics and sorting out some admin with regards to the move. DVLA website crashed on my updating details, so have to start again tomorrow with that. Leading Compline service at 9pm tonight, so prepared readings and so on for that.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Free tool!

Roofers were finishing up today. After they left I spotted what looked like a short piece of black rubber pipe or hose in the bottom of the pool.

Got the net out & retrieved a 3/8 drive 7/8 Makita impact socket. 8-)
Felix

Post by Felix »

ZRX61 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:34 pm Free tool!

Roofers were finishing up today. After they left I spotted what looked like a short piece of black rubber pipe or hose in the bottom of the pool.

Got the net out & retrieved a 3/8 drive 7/8 Makita impact socket. 8-)
Cheers you just reminded me i need to order a small set of long reach impact sockets (Y)
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

It was yesterday, but we got back from a few days in Albufeira! It was forecast rain but we only saw (torrential) rain Sunday night. Apart from that it was glorious sunshine. Fair to say we had a good crack at drinking the local bars dry of SuperBock and certainly topped up the coffers of local gyros/kebab places. Trying to keep up with 2 lads in their 20s was an eye opener!

Had a really great time and loved Albufeira. My daughter says i have to buy a villa there when I retire, but fook that. The Atlantic is way too rough and icy compared to the med, and for that reason, i'm out! Shame as I had the best sardines i've ever had there and octopus was widely available too. Junk food aside I did find the food offerings really nice and it was cheap there too, well, compared to NYC, but then I suspect everywhere is cheap compared to NYC! :crazy:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:59 am It was yesterday, but we got back from a few days in Albufeira! It was forecast rain but we only saw (torrential) rain Sunday night. Apart from that it was glorious sunshine. Fair to say we had a good crack at drinking the local bars dry of SuperBock and certainly topped up the coffers of local gyros/kebab places. Trying to keep up with 2 lads in their 20s was an eye opener!

Had a really great time and loved Albufeira. My daughter says i have to buy a villa there when I retire, but fook that. The Atlantic is way too rough and icy compared to the med, and for that reason, i'm out! Shame as I had the best sardines i've ever had there and octopus was widely available too. Junk food aside I did find the food offerings really nice and it was cheap there too, well, compared to NYC, but then I suspect everywhere is cheap compared to NYC! :crazy:
You were only a stones throw from Portimao. The winters there are cold and sea is cold.

We're 1,000 miles south of there and that makes a big difference in winter.

But I did enjoy the Bock beer ;)
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Woohoooo - it's snowing!! It's been snowing most of the night and most of today :D :D

Love it. Looking across to the terrace of the bar over the road, I reckon there's at lease 3 - 4 inches on the ground. So up high there should be a very decent amount :bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde:

Luckily (cos it's still 'early') it's not settling on the road :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:25 am
Taipan wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:59 am It was yesterday, but we got back from a few days in Albufeira! It was forecast rain but we only saw (torrential) rain Sunday night. Apart from that it was glorious sunshine. Fair to say we had a good crack at drinking the local bars dry of SuperBock and certainly topped up the coffers of local gyros/kebab places. Trying to keep up with 2 lads in their 20s was an eye opener!

You were only a stones throw from Portimao. The winters there are cold and sea is cold.

My daughter went there on one of her wandering holidays and said the wind was so strong on the beach they were getting sandblasted and had to leave! :wtf: :D
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:40 am
Yorick wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:25 am

My daughter went there on one of her wandering holidays and said the wind was so strong on the beach they were getting sandblasted and had to leave! :wtf: :D
It's often windy, but rarely uncomfortable. She was unlucky :(
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Yorick wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:10 pm She was unlucky :(
She didn't bump into you. Can't be that unlucky. ;)
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Noggin wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:31 am Woohoooo - it's snowing!! It's been snowing most of the night and most of today :D :D

Love it. Looking across to the terrace of the bar over the road, I reckon there's at least 3 - 4 inches on the ground. So up high there should be a very decent amount :bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde:

Luckily (cos it's still 'early') it's not settling on the road :D
well, my long distance eyesight is definitely rubbish!! :lol: I reckon we possibly had 2 inches here, maybe a smidge more as it was too warm to stick around long. But high up this might be a really good base!!
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Noggin wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:43 pm I reckon we possibly had 2 inches here
Mrs. Gremlin says that too. :(
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

gremlin wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:13 pm
I was trying to work out how to use the "No THIS is 6 inches" joke, but gave up!! LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Noggin wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:22 pm
gremlin wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:13 pm
I was trying to work out how to use the "No THIS is 6 inches" joke, but gave up!! LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ask @gremlin for tips ;)
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Since it's Halloween I popped up to Goodwood today and had lunch with the Count. :)
non quod, sed quomodo
cheb

Post by cheb »

I got one of those looks in the local shop, a Co-Op. The shop assistant was filling a trolley with the reduced price bread, most of it being their own brand Super Seeded loaves. I asked what they were replacing it with.

I thought it was funny.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Mrs D thought that joke was funny the first time I cracked it too. The next 96 times she was less enamoured.