In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
cheb

Re: In todays news...

Post by cheb »

It's not religion, it's stone age level tribalism. Mods and Rockers anyone? The scorn Corns have for anyone who dares not be from there. The SNP. Yorkshire, and proud of it. All torries are subhuman vermin. Sadly the list is endless, and usually passed off as banter.

Ad fucking tedium, nauseum and infinitum.
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

I can certainly see parallels with the SNP and the anti-Tory stuff, maybe because I’m surrounded by it.

But the mods are still roaring bumders.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Tribalism exists, but is mostly posturing. I was in one of the Mods v Rockers 'riots'. It was a non event, stirred up by the media, and then exagerated beyond belief. The 'violence' was mainly heavy handed policing shoving a load of confused teenagers to places they didn't want to go.

However add in religion to any minor dispute and everything turns very nasty very quickly.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

IMO religion is the catalyst for a lot of evil but maybe is not to fully blame further down the line.

Tribalism can become rife between factions that have fought for so long but i bet you my left testy that initially it was religion that started the hatred between the 'tribes'!

Maybe this is Karma in full force, trying to bring down those who still live their lives around religion*

* - not living with religion as a faith, but working their lives around religion and making all life decisions based on their faith - like bombing each other in the name of their sky fairy!
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Greenman wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:07 pm IMO religion is the catalyst for a lot of evil but maybe is not to fully blame further down the line.

Tribalism can become rife between factions that have fought for so long but i bet you my left testy that initially it was religion that started the hatred between the 'tribes'!

Maybe this is Karma in full force, trying to bring down those who still live their lives around religion*

* - not living with religion as a faith, but working their lives around religion and making all life decisions based on their faith - like bombing each other in the name of their sky fairy!
Well, there are a few hundred on each side that have felt the full force of Karma. Unfortunately a lot of those dead and wounded will have been innocent bystanders who don't give a flying fcuk for the zealots on either side. They just wanted a quiet life.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Biden just went off script during a speech & appears to have confirmed that Israel has nukes & has for over 50 years...
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

ZRX61 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:52 pm Biden just went off script during a speech & appears to have confirmed that Israel has nukes & has for over 50 years...
I read earlier he made a speech about drowning dogs.
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Are we all against cutting babies’ heads off, or is someone going to come up with a “but,” or a “what about?”
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Yea, we are all against cutting babies heads off. And all other war crimes, like targeting civilians.

As I said before, 2 wrongs don't make a right.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Cousin Jack wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:25 pm And all other war crimes, like targeting civilians.

As I said before, 2 wrongs don't make a right.
You couldn’t resist it!

You put an excuse in, for the baby choppers.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

No. Read what I wrote, and put your Zionist bias aside.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Was the notorious self-proclaimed adulterer Atlas, on the Visordown forum an Israeli, or am I confused?

Suppose he’s too old to be called up now, or to be at a music festival.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Cousin Jack wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:50 pm
Greenman wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:07 pm IMO religion is the catalyst for a lot of evil but maybe is not to fully blame further down the line.

Well, there are a few hundred on each side that have felt the full force of Karma. Unfortunately a lot of those dead and wounded will have been innocent bystanders who don't give a flying fcuk for the zealots on either side. They just wanted a quiet life.
Innocent bystanders who are just as religous as the terrorists!

I very much doubt there are a large number of people living there who are not super hardcore religous, why would they?
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Quite a few Israelis are not fans of the Zionist hard right, many were protesting just a few weeks ago. They seem to want a civilised country, with the government held to account in the Supreme Court.

On the Palestinian side most of the poor bastards have no chance of leaving, even if they had somewhere to go and could afford the fare. They are effectively prisoners, and Israel is their jailer
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Wossname

Post by Wossname »

Unfortunately, in these situations all round the world, the ordinary population. eg in Palestine, is also prisoners of the extreme sections of their “own” side. At the least, being used as human shields, and often being forced to support them - “do this, or else”.
irie

Post by irie »

Lisa Nandy, Labour Shadow Secretary of State wrote:“I believe very fundamentally in people’s rights to self-ID, and I believe the Gender Recognition Act strikes the wrong balance in relation to that.

“So crimes I think that are recorded should be recorded as that person wishes, who has been through that process and self-identified.

“I think trans women are women and I think trans men are men and I think they should be in the prison of their choosing.”
Labour will NEVER get my vote!!!
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Lisa Nandy, Labour Shadow Secretary of State wrote:“I believe very fundamentally in people’s rights to self-ID, and I believe the Gender Recognition Act strikes the wrong balance in relation to that.

“So crimes I think that are recorded should be recorded as that person wishes, who has been through that process and self-identified.

“I think trans women are women and I think trans men are men and I think they should be in the prison of their choosing.”
I am going to self-identify as the Leader of the Labour Party. :D

And sack her! :twisted:
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Wossname wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:36 pm Unfortunately, in these situations all round the world, the ordinary population. eg in Palestine, is also prisoners of the extreme sections of their “own” side. At the least, being used as human shields, and often being forced to support them - “do this, or else”.
I suppose the worrying thing is we know what Israel is likely to want but we (I) don’t know how they will try to get it. Israel wants Saturday’s events (or similar) categorically precluded from happening again.

I can’t help thinking that punitive bombardment or armed assault will only suppress the Palestinians for a short time. Long-term armed occupation would be expensive and would give the “freedom fighters” handy targets.

Will they make Gaza more like a jail than it is now? Is the perimeter too long for Israel to guard?
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

irie wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:01 pm

What an unbelievably stupid woman. I wonder what she thinks should be done with 'Isla Bryson' (not his real name).
irie

Post by irie »

Yambo wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:55 pm
irie wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:01 pm

What an unbelievably stupid woman. I wonder what she thinks should be done with 'Isla Bryson' (not his real name).
Lib Dem is not an alternative because Ed Davey is on record as agreeing 100% with Keir Starmer that 99.99% of women do not have penises (therefore 1 in 10,000 women DO have penises).

Neither is Green an alternative because the Green Party's website says:
Trans rights

The Green Party recognises that trans men are men, trans women are women
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno