What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Noggin

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Noggin »

Weather is bloody lovely here!! :D :D Went for a bike ride, sat in my mates shop for too long chatting with her and other friends. Came home. Now going to chill for a bit then get organised for work tomorrow!! :D :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Discovered Morrison's stock Brew York's Juice Forsyth, had been buying it from the local specialty beer shop.

It's good stuff.
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Well the sensor turned up for my friend's pool cover, slapped it all together and turned it on and.........all went swimmingly until the 3rd ( of 6) panel tried to locate. Hmmmmm methinks. Quick look at the sensor tab, totally different position to the rest, and I can see the last panel is offset, so guessed this must be panel 5. A bit of jiggery pokery and hey presto, all in the right order.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Walked the hound this morning in glorious sunshine and 25 degrees. Just got off a plane in Stockholm and it's 4 degrees. Glad I bought a coat.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Not my finest hour, I'm now really pissed off.

Late Sunday roast, I'm in the pub now, pissed bloke decided it would be great fun to take the Yorkshire pudding from my plate, stuff most of it into his mouth and put back what was left. Despite being told to fuck off he didn't, he stood there and grinned at me, what would you have done?
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

gremlin wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:22 pm Walked the hound this morning in glorious sunshine and 25 degrees. Just got off a plane in Stockholm and it's 4 degrees. Glad I bought a coat.
30c here today :)
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Pirahna wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:25 pm what would you have done?
Probably exactly what you, no doubt, did.

WTF was he playing at?
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Pirahna wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:25 pm Not my finest hour, I'm now really pissed off.

Late Sunday roast, I'm in the pub now, pissed bloke decided it would be great fun to take the Yorkshire pudding from my plate, stuff most of it into his mouth and put back what was left. Despite being told to fuck off he didn't, he stood there and grinned at me, what would you have done?
Either shoved the entire plate of food into his face or punched him in the spuds.
Even he he lamped you back,at least you wouldn't be stewing on it!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Pirahna wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:25 pm Not my finest hour, I'm now really pissed off.

In reality? Gone to the management and told them what had just happened, asked why they allowed this sort of thing to happen in their establishment and asked 'Now, WTF are you going to do about it?'
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Yeah I'd probably cry to teacher like a mummy's little bender too. :(

Unless the twist here is that said pissed bloke was actually Pirahna.
Felix

Post by Felix »

Been driving since 1986 and today was the first time ever being stuck in mud. TBF we have just had almost 48hours of rain and the field i was parked on was getting the run off from a farmers field.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Count Steer wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:43 pm

In reality? Gone to the management and told them what had just happened, asked why they allowed this sort of thing to happen in their establishment and asked 'Now, WTF are you going to do about it?'
You couldn't go to the management initially because he's still stood in your face grinning. He's trying to goad you into a fight so I'd probably sit there and stare at him blankly and think about who I'm with and how to deal with any escalation.
Then I'd get out of there as quickly as possible before he tells the police I assaulted him.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Had my sick leave extended. Still got this bastard chest infection and it looks like even the antibiotics haven't worked! :crazy:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:14 am Had my sick leave extended. Still got this bastard chest infection and it looks like even the antibiotics haven't worked! :crazy:
Ooooh. Mr Shandyman's got a bit of a cough.
Get thisen to work

*hides behind the sofa :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:33 am
Taipan wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:14 am Had my sick leave extended. Still got this bastard chest infection and it looks like even the antibiotics haven't worked! :crazy:
Ooooh. Mr Shandyman's got a bit of a cough.
Get thisen to work

*hides behind the sofa :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Last time I was off work (knee placements aside) or had a prescription, was in 2015! 8-) Bizarrely for exactly the same reason!
Skub

Post by Skub »

Fuck me.

I'm too old to be scrapping in the pub,but I really don't know how I'd react to that one.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Skub wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:53 am

Fuck me.

I'm too old to be scrapping in the pub,but I really don't know how I'd react to that one.
I would be enquiring of the landlord what he was going to do about it. If it was 'nothing' I would take my business elsewhere. And refuse to pay for a meal someone else had pinched.And write a shitty review. And object to his licence next time around.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

At the least he'd be wearing my pint and whatever else was left of my meal, then it's time for a chat with the landlord.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Is there no update because Pirahna is in a cell?
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Likely i would of got up in his face and ordered him to pay for another meal and at least a pint for being such a tool, and would of taken it from there.