Current affairs, Politics, News.
Felix

Re: In todays news...

Post by Felix »

Potter

Post by Potter »

Hoonercat wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:37 pm
Potter wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:59 pm https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-66950240

Woman demands to be treated equally, then when she can't pass a fitness test she demands to be treated like a woman, who apparently aren't equal to men.
I'm not seeing anything in that report that states she 'demanded' to be treated equally :?:
Everything about her is demanding and "I know my rights", even though she's literally not up to it.
I've been awake about fifteen minutes but I could finish my coffee right now, put my trainers on and pass that fitness test, and I'm an old duffer.

However, I'm going to wait until I'm physically not up to it and then go for it myself, it's part of my retirement strategy.
I'm going to demand the right to attend the UK special forces selection process, I will turn up in dungarees, purple hair and identify as a fat woman who is twenty-four years old, and then if I fail on the hills I will demand to pass a different test, an easier one.

Then I'll claim compensation and add it to my retirement fund.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Yambo wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:31 pm
Mussels wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:50 pm
Potter wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:59 pm https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-66950240

Woman demands to be treated equally, then when she can't pass a fitness test she demands to be treated like a woman, who apparently aren't equal to men.
I do wonder what happened to equal pay for equal work.
I think you will find that it's equal pay for work of equal value. It came about after women working in a canteen in a shipyard said their work was of equal value to welders - they needed far more qualifications than a welder and they weren't being treated properly.

This case had nothing to do with equal pay - it was about a women being expected to meet equal fitness test scores as men. If you read the article you'll see that the MoD police discriminated against her because they didn't allow her to take an alternative test. They were stupid as she'd have probably failed that test as well and they could have got rid of her with no comeback.
There are loads of jobs that are qualification heavy and low paid, that argument is daft. Was there anything stopping the women in the canteen becoming welders?
Like the checkout staff at Asda, if their job was equal to warehouse workers why didn't they work in the warehouse?
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

You miss the point Mussels. The case referred to in the BBC report that Potter posted had nothing to do with pay.
Ian

Post by Ian »

ZRX61 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:59 pm For context on just how smart these perps were. This business is right across the street from the cop shop, The cops could have strolled over there.
I remember Dixon's in Beeston getting ram raided in the 90s.
Apparently the van didn't go through the security fence in front of the windows so the crims allegedly got out and spent 15 minutes or so hacking away before they could get in to smash the windows and rob the videos etc.
Beeston nick is 200 yards away across the square, in fact I think there's pretty much line of site between the two.
The police didn't arrive until after the crims had packed up and left 😂
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Ian wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:18 pm I remember Dixon's in Beeston getting ram raided in the 90s.
Apparently the van didn't go through the security fence in front of the windows so the crims allegedly got out and spent 15 minutes or so hacking away before they could get in to smash the windows and rob the videos etc.
Beeston nick is 200 yards away across the square, in fact I think there's pretty much line of site between the two.
The police didn't arrive until after the crims had packed up and left 😂
LOL!!

It turns out that the *business* these morons broke into is a place that feeds the homeless & gives them a place to shower etc..
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

and the place got hit again..

Attempt 459. 423 W Lancaster Blvd. Same loc as earlier call. Additional DP'S now at loc. Deputies making announcements to come out.
UPDATE: Callouts continuing. Refusing to comply. Preparing to send in K-9.
UPDATE 2: Making entry.
UPDATE 3. Code 4. Taking witness for positive ID.
UPDATE 4: Deputies making entry into adjoining property to clear.
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Yambo wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:18 am You miss the point Mussels. The case referred to in the BBC report that Potter posted had nothing to do with pay.
People (well, most people) work for pay. It had everything to do with pay.
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Ian wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:18 pm...
So you're saying the police could have cited them? Written a sightation, maybe? ;)
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Saga Lout wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:36 am
Yambo wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:18 am You miss the point Mussels. The case referred to in the BBC report that Potter posted had nothing to do with pay.
It was the big thing in 1990 when the WRENS were disbanded and women went to sea, it was said that they were just as capable as men so should do the same job for the same pay (WRENS were paid less). But immediately women got preferential treatment and part of that was a lower fitness requirement, either they are capable of doing the same job or they aren't.
The people most annoyed were new female recruits because they weren't treated equally and everyone knew it.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Mussels wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:50 am
Saga Lout wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:36 am
It was the big thing in 1990 when the WRENS were disbanded and women went to sea, it was said that they were just as capable as men so should do the same job for the same pay (WRENS were paid less). But immediately women got preferential treatment and part of that was a lower fitness requirement, either they are capable of doing the same job or they aren't.
The people most annoyed were new female recruits because they weren't treated equally and everyone knew it.
I only didn't join the WRENS because I wanted to go to sea!! about 18 months later, women could join up and go to seas!! :roll:

But actually I'd have hated getting in on different terms. In some ways adjustments have to be made for living, especially in small areas/close quarters - but things like fitness or qualifications shouldn't be lessened if the pay is exactly the same
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Ian

Post by Ian »

Saga Lout wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:39 am
Ian wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:18 pm...
So you're saying the police could have cited them? Written a sightation, maybe? ;)
I'm saying auto correct on a phone is a pain in the arse
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Potter wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:32 am
Hoonercat wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:37 pm

I'm not seeing anything in that report that states she 'demanded' to be treated equally :?:
Everything about her is demanding and "I know my rights", even though she's literally not up to it.
I've been awake about fifteen minutes but I could finish my coffee right now, put my trainers on and pass that fitness test, and I'm an old duffer.

However, I'm going to wait until I'm physically not up to it and then go for it myself, it's part of my retirement strategy.
I'm going to demand the right to attend the UK special forces selection process, I will turn up in dungarees, purple hair and identify as a fat woman who is twenty-four years old, and then if I fail on the hills I will demand to pass a different test, an easier one.

Then I'll claim compensation and add it to my retirement fund.
My daughter is ex army. She was battalion PTI. Her biggest issue was she wouldn't sleep with her Sgt, so was basically left to rot on guard duty for 6 months until she told them to shove it.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Demannu wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:37 pm
My daughter is ex army. She was battalion PTI. Her biggest issue was she wouldn't sleep with her Sgt, so was basically left to rot on guard duty for 6 months until she told them to shove it.
I'm assuming her Sgt was another woman.

It's a common story (or at least it used to be), I was told this by a few women, their immediate superior was a gay woman and unless they had sex with them then they weren't going anywhere.
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Potter wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:44 am

It's a common story (or at least it used to be), I was told this by a few women, their immediate superior was a gay woman and unless they had sex with them then they weren't going anywhere.
You assume incorrectly.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

My daughter is female, and would have pretty well aced any normal fitness test. One handed pressups, no problem, 4 mile swim, no problem, 10k run, no problem. And that is now, aged almost 50. At 25 she was frightening!

And BTW she looks good too.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
David

Post by David »

Cousin Jack wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:36 am My daughter is female,
That is quite re-assuring...
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Demannu wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:28 am
Potter wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:44 am

You assume incorrectly.
Join the Army and feel a woman.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Cousin Jack wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:36 am My daughter is female, and would have pretty well aced any normal fitness test.
My son is male and just has.

Passing a normal fitness test is the minimum requirement.
If anyone can’t pass then they shouldn’t be allowed to do the job, even if they have female genitalia and moan a lot.
David

Post by David »

Dangerous ground Potter....duck behind the barricades and wait for the shit to hit the round whirly thing.....