How bad is

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Nobby

How bad is

Post by Nobby »

...it going to get.
Hair.
Mine is all ready starting to look a bit like a character from Scooby Do , no , not Thelma , the other one. If this shutdown keeps going I may have to resort to a form of self abuse. I have a pair of scissors and a Stanley knife. How hard can it be.
I'm also thinking that a my mid seventies look may be an option.
High waisted Oxford Bags anyone ?
chillitt

Re: How bad is

Post by chillitt »

Nobby wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:31 am ...it going to get.
Hair.
Mine is all ready starting to look a bit like a character from Scooby Do , no , not Thelma , the other one. If this shutdown keeps going I may have to resort to a form of self abuse. I have a pair of scissors and a Stanley knife. How hard can it be.
I'm also thinking that a my mid seventies look may be an option.
High waisted Oxford Bags anyone ?
If a haircut is as bad as it gets, I would suggest its going quite well... Wahr trimmers off the bay, grade 3. sort yourself out.
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Get a fresh razor and a pair of scissors and give yourself a Robocop..that way you won’t want to go out for a few weeks .
Horse

Post by Horse »

I'm anticipating having an affro again ...
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

My hair absconded from the middle regions. I look like a monk.... oh dear!
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Bike Breaker

Post by Bike Breaker »

I last had my hair cut 50 years ago so, apart from the increasing number of white hairs, I don't anticipate much change.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Mrs W has just done mine with a set of clippers. It hasn’t been a complete success.
Bike Breaker

Post by Bike Breaker »

It could be worse. If you're on lockdown, who's going to see it?

Also, may we see the pics of Mrs W's hair after you've cut hers in retaliation. :roll: auto-correction fail. Of course I typed 'in return'. ;)
GuzziPaul

Post by GuzziPaul »

With the mention of high waist oxford bags and a 70s hair style i thought it was a referance to the pubic region. :)
GuzziPaul

Post by GuzziPaul »

With the mention of high waist oxford bags and a 70s hair style i thought it was a referance to the pubic region. :)
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I haven't bothered to 'pink' mine since lockdown, which isn't an issue really as I often leave it in the interseason

BUT, the roots do rather need doing and that has shown me just how MUCH white I have that isn't from bleach :o :o :o :o

Oh well - maybe in a few years I won't need to bleach it :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

I started cutting Mr WD’s hair about 7 years ago and so he’s not an issue. Easy with a number 5 on the clippers.

Now with a hairdresser it’s very important to get on with them. I used to have a lovely lady who came to our house and when we moved 15 months ago just couldn’t face trying to find someone, not with everything else that goes with a house move. I never did get round to it and so started to trim my own fringe (yep I’ve still got one) but kinda left the length to grow. Every so often Mr WD has been roped in to trim the split ends and so with the lockdown that hasn’t made any difference.

It’s not too difficult as long as you have a good scissors and let’s face it, hair will always grow back, so if it goes wrong it’s only a short term problem! :lol:
Life’s for living, so let’s get on with it! :P
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

Noggin wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:11 am I haven't bothered to 'pink' mine since lockdown, which isn't an issue really as I often leave it in the interseason

BUT, the roots do rather need doing and that has shown me just how MUCH white I have that isn't from bleach :o :o :o :o

I can’t be asked to dye my grey out and so it looks as if my hair is dyed because the top of my head is grey/white and the rest is auburn! You might like yours if you leave it grow in or out, whichever is the right phrase..... :D
chillitt

Post by chillitt »

WelshDragon wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:36 pm I started cutting Mr WD’s hair about 7 years ago and so he’s not an issue. Easy with a number 5 on the clippers.

Now with a hairdresser it’s very important to get on with them. I used to have a lovely lady who came to our house and when we moved 15 months ago just couldn’t face trying to find someone, not with everything else that goes with a house move. I never did get round to it and so started to trim my own fringe (yep I’ve still got one) but kinda left the length to grow. Every so often Mr WD has been roped in to trim the split ends and so with the lockdown that hasn’t made any difference.

It’s not too difficult as long as you have a good scissors and let’s face it, hair will always grow back, so if it goes wrong it’s only a short term problem! :lol:
5? he will be tripping over it..
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

chillitt wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:42 pm
WelshDragon wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:36 pm I started cutting Mr WD’s hair about 7 years ago and so he’s not an issue. Easy with a number 5 on the clippers.

5? he will be tripping over it..
:lol:

Well that’s come down from a 7........should have seen him when he was younger. He had loverly long curly locks! :o
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Just gonna put mine up..👍

Yamaha rocket 3
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

It's like fucking Mumsnet in here. :crazy:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

WelshDragon wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:37 pm
Noggin wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:11 am I haven't bothered to 'pink' mine since lockdown, which isn't an issue really as I often leave it in the interseason

I can’t be asked to dye my grey out and so it looks as if my hair is dyed because the top of my head is grey/white and the rest is auburn! You might like yours if you leave it grow in or out, whichever is the right phrase..... :D
Oh I definitely don't dye the 'white' out (lucky to be going white, not grey!!). The bleach is to get blonde from brunette so I can go pink!! LOL
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
erizo

Post by erizo »

wheelnut wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:06 am Mrs W has just done mine with a set of clippers. It hasn’t been a complete success.
been using clippers for the last 20 years.

quick buzz over with a number 3 and jobs a good `un.

the missus still has to do the back, though she does a good job since the first time....."oops!"...….."eh?....WTF does `OOPS!´ mean?"

that resulted in a number 1 to fix the `oops!´.
did i just type that?....aw crap!
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

I have a good friend whose wife used to cut his hair with a clipper. One day she was going through the process but forgot to attach the comb to the clipper. She only realised after doing a long strip from the back of his head through to the front! Needless to say he ended up with a skinhead on that occasion and found a new barbers shortly after.... :lol: