Yorick

Re: In todays news...

Post by Yorick »

Ooooh. Must bite my tongue 👅 :D
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

And breath!

I am no fan of large corporations like Google, Facebook, Amazon et all, but they are just greedy bastards trying to achieve a monopoly in their field. It is a big step from nasty big business to controlling the USA although they certainly have far too much clout. Wait a bit and they will die, like the cattle barons, oil barons, railroad barons, etc did before them.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Cousin Jack wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:57 pm And breath!

I am no fan of large corporations like Google, Facebook, Amazon et all, but they are just greedy bastards trying to achieve a monopoly in their field. It is a big step from nasty big business to controlling the USA although they certainly have far too much clout. Wait a bit and they will die, like the cattle barons, oil barons, railroad barons, etc did before them.

IKR but there is so much information out there that people either are not aware of or don't think is relevant. For example, Amazon AWE is MASSIVELY subsidised by DARPA who basically run on their servers. Infrastructure as a service, platform as a service etc. to use the nomenclature. Here's how I translate that: US tax dollars being given to Amazon AWE to provide the state with cloud based surveillance solutions.

Now you can spin that any way you want. Human nature, greedy bastards, capitalist business venture, they're just a client etc. but don't be fooled. Amazon is not making its money by selling tat or books. It is selling you and they are representative of the deep state, following a trajectory towards a surveillance and totalitarian regime similar to that employed by the CCP.

Currently you will discover it is difficult to operate within the "developed world" without a certain minimum number of basic technology solutions. Email, eBank, authentication protocols etc. That is about to change. Soon it will be impossible and I am horrified that people are so casual about the whole thing. Put it this way: what evidence do we have that our political representatives can be trusted?
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

I'd like to comment, but don't understand 99% of the conspiracy site that's being posted.

Maybe we should have a separate thread for the US shite that nobody cares about?
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Yorick wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:40 pm Maybe we should have a separate thread for the US shite that nobody cares about?
What, like Biden leaving a MoA winner on the stage, Cali increasing tax on guns n ammo, New Mexico suspending the 2nd amendment and Liberty Safe Co. bending over for the FBI.

S'all news.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

'In today's U.S. News'...?

Not saying things get derailed in this thread, but if somebody posts a link to the story of a cat stuck up a tree in Wolverhampton by post no. 3 it would have been Hunter Biden who shoved it up there and Trump charging to get it down and Amazon shoving a microchip up its arse on the way to the vet.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

MrLongbeard wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:54 pm
What, like Biden leaving a MoA winner on the stage, Cali increasing tax on guns n ammo, New Mexico suspending the 2nd amendment and Liberty Safe Co. bending over for the FBI.

S'all news.
It's sort of -News- but there's a decent amount of unsupportable bollocks, moaning and regional specific stuff in there. I think we can assume this thread is primarily for interesting news stories that might spark a bit of debate. Given the demographic on here I can't see that article about California gun tax has much legs to it. But yes, we're crying out for more point-and-laugh Biden content obviously. :)
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

gremlin wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:18 pm 'In today's U.S. News'...?

Not saying things get derailed in this thread, but if somebody posts a link to the story of a cat stuck up a tree in Wolverhampton by post no. 3 it would have been Hunter Biden who shoved it up there and Trump charging to get it down and Amazon shoving a microchip up its arse on the way to the vet.
All on the orders of the Overfiend, Bill Gates operating from his bio-weapons lab in China? (Aided by his trusty advisor, Wormtongue aka Sadiq Khan).

PS It was the FBI that put the cat in the tree. Fact.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Count Steer wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:37 pm
gremlin wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:18 pm 'In today's U.S. News'...?

All on the orders of the Overfiend, Bill Gates operating from his bio-weapons lab in China? (Aided by his trusty advisor, Wormtongue aka Sadiq Khan).

PS It was the FBI that put the cat in the tree. Fact.
Not to mention our Lizard Overlords.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

OK. Cat stuck up tree. That's "news".

I guess nothing that happens in the USA ever affects us here. Righty ho.

So the Iraq war, Syria, Afghanistan, no effect on the UK. Got it. Nobody this side of the pond uses Amazon, YouTube, Google, FaceBook. We' won't be using some stupid American A.I, Nothing BlackRock or Vanguard do will affect us. The war in Ukraine is a net positive benefit, thanks to the USA we don't need to endure cheap Russian gas from Nordstream II and we didn't even have to pay them to blow it up for us.

The WEF and the WHO definitely only have our best interests at heart. Doesn't matter that these unelected bodies are run by America for their corporate masters. Nothing that America does has any effect on us here. Turn a blind eye, let authoritarianism rule and we can just sit here and laugh at them.

So what if they're acting more like a banana republic, throwing dissenting voices in jail (or murdering them just in case). Former president looks like the most popular candidate in history, meh, chuck him in jail. That's why we call them "Trumped up charges" anyway. Won't affect us here at all.

Everything is just tickerty boo and will just carry on getting better and better just like it is now.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Screwdriver wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:15 pm OK. Cat stuck up tree. That's "news".

I guess nothing that happens in the USA ever affects us here. Righty ho.

So the Iraq war, Syria, Afghanistan, no effect on the UK. Got it. Nobody this side of the pond uses Amazon, YouTube, Google, FaceBook. We' won't be using some stupid American A.I, Nothing BlackRock or Vanguard do will affect us. The war in Ukraine is a net positive benefit, thanks to the USA we don't need to endure cheap Russian gas from Nordstream II and we didn't even have to pay them to blow it up for us.

The WEF and the WHO definitely only have our best interests at heart. Doesn't matter that these unelected bodies are run by America for their corporate masters. Nothing that America does has any effect on us here. Turn a blind eye, let authoritarianism rule and we can just sit here and laugh at them.

So what if they're acting more like a banana republic, throwing dissenting voices in jail (or murdering them just in case). Former president looks like the most popular candidate in history, meh, chuck him in jail. That's why we call them "Trumped up charges" anyway. Won't affect us here at all.

Everything is just tickerty boo and will just carry on getting better and better just like it is now.
So, this is a forum..... people are allowed to agree... people are allowed to disagree...

Just like you are allowed to post your news.... they're equally allowed to tell you that it's not important. That's kinda how it works on a forum, otherwise the whole site would be

"i like bikes..."... "yup."

End of thread, end of forum.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I don't like bikes.

;)
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Ban him!
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Cousin Jack wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:32 pmBan him!
Ban everyone. Yeah!!!
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Screwdriver wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:15 pm OK. Cat stuck up tree. That's "news".
I suppose it depends whether you want to
(a) ruin the thread
(b) engage with your fellow human

Sometimes these 'news items' feel like you're being lectured - "you're too stoopit to want to know this but here you are anyway."

But yeah feel free to disagree. Personally I don't really come here for the sky-is-falling-on-our-heads stuff.
cheb

Post by cheb »

Just how difficult is it to scroll on past stuff you don't want to read? Or even to actually use the fabled ignore function?
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:05 pm I don't like bikes.

;)
Common condition among bike owners.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

cheb wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:56 pm Just how difficult is it to scroll on past stuff you don't want to read? Or even to actually use the fabled ignore function?
Probably not as easy as working out that the best audience for paranoid-sounding rants isn't a bike forum.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

gremlin wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:03 pm
cheb wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:56 pm Just how difficult is it to scroll on past stuff you don't want to read? Or even to actually use the fabled ignore function?
Probably not as easy as working out that the best audience for paranoid-sounding rants isn't a bike forum.
Amen brother Gremmers.
JamJar

Post by JamJar »

When it is pages and pages of the stuff it actually does become harder to ignore it.