What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
ZRX61

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by ZRX61 »

the_priest wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:34 pm Working my way through the finishing touches to a funeral service for next week.

Had a Baptism meeting with a family who would like their 3 year old daughter to be Baptised end of October.

Sorted out a meeting with the tree surgeon looking at removing three dead elms, trimming a turkey oak that has grown well, but is now casting shadow into a bordering property. No need to do anything to the tree as it is healthy and no part of it is over the property, but we are good neighbours. If they assist with covering the cost, we will get the work done, as it only benefits them.

Sorted a technical issue with the livestream software that refused to work yesterday. Just as well we also record all services and so could upload that instead.

Getting ready for an interview next week Friday!!
Traditional wood used by blacksmiths to mount their anvils on. Didn't know there were any standing elms these days.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Worked my socks off. I’ve been redesigning the rear garden - a major on-going project. This week I’ve painted part of the garage and intend to put up some willow trellis. Have used it before and unless treated it quickly rots. I’ve decided to paint it bright red to match the green surrounding woodwork. It will also go well with an evergreen lonicera henryi. To do the job I bought 3 aerosol cans of 150ml light grey undercoat for £15.00. as a try out. It only just covered one trellis and I have six to paint! Back to the less expensive drawing board. I mixed my own undercoat and decided to hand paint each trellis frame. Hell, what a task! Only made better by listening to Dylan on the garage lo-fi. The things one does for garden aesthetics! Thankfully the paint has dried quickly.

Before starting this latest project I had to remove two panels of ivy - about the size of a double mattress. No matter what one does, it will find a way to dig into concrete panels and also invade the roof space. It took a crowbar to remove it from the garage wall!

As for digging out large, mature hydrangeas - don’t ask! That aside, two big plants in very large pots I was moving had decided to find their own supply of water and nutrients by forcing their way through the bottom of the hole in the pot to go deep into the ground! I often wondered why they never needed watering?! :lol:

By the by. If you ever fancy some small to very large Yorkshire terracotta plant pots and you are anywhere near Barnsley, pay a visit to Naylors Factory Shop. Some superb bargains can be had at less than a third of what they charge in garden centres. Naylors have a reputation for making the best branded Yorshire Plant Pots - see their web site.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Phoenix wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:51 pmTo do the job I bought 3 aerosol cans of 150ml light grey undercoat for £15.00. as a try out. It only just covered one trellis and I have six to paint! Back to the less expensive drawing board. I mixed my own undercoat and decided to hand paint each trellis frame. Hell, what a task!
Buy an electric sprayer?

I bought one for doing garden furniture. Much easier to get thoroughly between the slats than hand brushing.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Horse wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:30 am [

Buy an electric sprayer?

Seconded.

Just don't spray fences on a windy day when your neighbour has parked her white car nearby. Don't ask me how I know this....
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Walked into the office with a plate holding a huge portion of tiramisu, homemade by an Italian woman who works in a different dept. I sat there and scoffed the lot in front of everyone, notwithstanding the envious looks of colleagues, before finally putting the fork down with a content smile and a casual, 'What?'.

:D
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Been looking for a pair of size 9 ladies shoes for a fancy dress party I'm going to.

Once you start searching on 'Size 9 stilettos', a whole new world of fetish and other oddities you never really gave a second thought to open up before your eyes.

Let's just say I never knew you could get a latex set of 'lady bits' to shove down your leggings to hide your old fella. :o
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

gremlin wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:26 pm Been looking for a pair of size 9 ladies shoes for a fancy dress party I'm going to.

Once you start searching on 'Size 9 stilettos', a whole new world of fetish and other oddities you never really gave a second thought to open up before your eyes.

Let's just say I never knew you could get a latex set of 'lady bits' to shove down your leggings to hide your old fella. :o
Can I be the first to say I support you in your transition and I apologize in advance on behalf of all the nasty boys who are going to publicly say hurtful things to you on here before PMing you about being gorgeous.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

DefTrap wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:43 pm
gremlin wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:26 pm Been looking for a pair of size 9 ladies shoes for a fancy dress party I'm going to.

Can I be the first to say I support you in your transition and I apologize in advance on behalf of all the nasty boys who are going to publicly say hurtful things to you on here before PMing you about being gorgeous.
It is a given that dressed as a lady I am fucking gorgeous, but thank you anyway. No PMs necessary.

Would now not be a good time to mention the PVC mini skirt and leopard-print boob-tube I've got being delivered, lest I get the lads frothing?
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Been sulking a lot of today as I've had to cancel the plans to go back to the uk for a wedding this weekend :( :( Bonus is that the only thing booked was the room and there's a good chance they are going to find someone else that might want it so I'll get a bit of cash back!!

So, to haul out of the sulk/misery I've started a cross stitch picture for the couple. I have done a card, but wanted to do something lovely for them - hopefully it won't take too long and I can send it to the uk with some mates to post when it's finished :D

Going to make brownies tonight as two of my friends up here LOVE them :D And one of those friends is normally a winter only person but he's here this week, so, brownies it is

Partly cos I was with a mate walking his dog yesterday and we were stopped near a place with some outside work going on - my winter friend was doing the work and, well, I always knew he was fit (only ever seen him WITH clothes on, cos, winter!!), but seeing a fit shirtless handsome bloke hefting a pick to break up some ground for a terrace - that's totally worth baking him some brownies for!!! :swoon: :swoon: :angelic-green: :angelic-green:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Scotsrich

Post by Scotsrich »

Had an argument with the Bank of Scotland.

I ordered Euros from Loyds online and paid by credit card.(silly move I know)

On checking my statement I found my bank had charged me 25 quid for a 'cash transaction'

So I gets on the phone and my argument was I was buying an item from a third party and it didn't matter if it was Euros or a three piece suite.

They said it was put down as a cash transaction when they were notified by Loyds and their terms and conditions allowed them to charge me 5%.

After talking to a couple of people I got through to the complaints department and after a bit more discussion they refunded me...result.

I'm still a bit annoyed tho.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Scotsrich wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:23 pm Had an argument with the Bank of Scotland.

I ordered Euros from Loyds online and paid by credit card.(silly move I know)

On checking my statement I found my bank had charged me 25 quid for a 'cash transaction'

So I gets on the phone and my argument was I was buying an item from a third party and it didn't matter if it was Euros or a three piece suite.

They said it was put down as a cash transaction when they were notified by Loyds and their terms and conditions allowed them to charge me 5%.

After talking to a couple of people I got through to the complaints department and after a bit more discussion they refunded me...result.

I'm still a bit annoyed tho.
If you sign up to Revolut (I can send you a link if you like! Think we both benefit) you can transfer sterling to the account/card and then within the Revolut app you can change it to Euros - then withdraw cash from Euro cash machines with no charge.

Obviously, if you need cash then and there, that doesn't help!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Been into London to St Thomas's Hospital for my glaucoma check-up. The doctor was very happy, the surgery I had two years ago has been working and now my eyes are perfectly healthy and pressures are fine. Discharged. Just need annual eye check at optometrist to keep an "eye on things". Love those puns right!

Bought some snacks for my daughter when walking home from the station. Wearing black clericals in 32C is not fun! Still it is slimming. Done about 7 miles of walking today, so very slimming.

Son went to Portsmouth and back today, had fun with friends, which is nice.

Compline tonight, just need to work in three sermons so I have that all sorted for Sunday.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Ainsley T boots... ;)
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

I'm sitting once again debating a DH race in a week or so with the boy... It's a track i know, a track i've raced.... but it's £50 and it's likely i'll be propping up the rear, so i'm struggling to self-justify the entry... It's tempting for sure... but i dunno.
Potter

Post by Potter »

weeksy wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:39 am I'm sitting once again debating a DH race in a week or so with the boy... It's a track i know, a track i've raced.... but it's £50 and it's likely i'll be propping up the rear, so i'm struggling to self-justify the entry... It's tempting for sure... but i dunno.
Get it booked - as long as you want to actually do it.
Better to do it and regret it then not do it and regret it, IMHO.

I’m old and knackered now so I’ve got even less chance of winning anything than I ever had, but if not winning means I stop trying then I’d never get out of bed.
Horse

Post by Horse »

gremlin wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:16 pm
Horse wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:30 am Buy an electric sprayer?
Just don't spray fences on a windy day when your neighbour has parked her white car nearby. Don't ask me how I know this....
So you can imagine the results when someone spray painted flag poles outside where my dad worked. And those results were only found hours later when the shift ended and people left ...

Cost a fortune to have many cars sorted.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Fired up the air con, brrr.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Taipan wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:23 pm
gremlin wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:37 am
Taipan wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:21 am

Lol! transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP)

https://www.nhsinform.scot/tests-and-tr ... he%20penis).
Surgery was discussed with my consultant, but we both veered away from it this stage, in favour of self management, i.e. resist drinking vast qualities of beer in a short amount of time and, should the need arise, self-catheterising, which I thought was a bit OTT. Last night proves that maybe I was wrong! Hence, I have a stock of catheter tubes and his instruction to take one whenever I'm out drinking. His actual words were, 'You'll end up in agony in some A&E department somewhere waiting bloody ages'. I should have heeded these wise words.
You shold get it done. You're also at risk of water infections as well as pain. Water infections are not a good thing!
Well it looks like we were only delaying the inevitable. Got a few tests lined up, plus a camera up the Jap eye to see what's up there, but we're already talking getting booked in end of Oct. Would have been earlier but I have a few foreign sojourns lined up.

Just reading up on it.... :shock:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

More of the universe is against me. I know it isn't really and I've made some shit choices in the last few years (not least to move to france, alone and with a smashed up shoulder - however I didn't have anywhere to stay in the uk, so wasn't really that much of a choice!)

I really hope I can sort things out soon and get back 'on the up', but shit it's not seeming likely any time soon!! :roll:

Anyway - lovely chat with some friends this morning in French, learning more motorbike conversation! Lift to the valley to get some free veg; missed out on the veg cos he was delayed and my lift couldn't hang around, but hey, change of scenery!!

Stress is helping me lose weight though, so that's a bonus I guess!! :banana-dance:
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Potter wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:51 am
weeksy wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:39 am I'm sitting once again debating a DH race in a week or so with the boy... It's a track i know, a track i've raced.... but it's £50 and it's likely i'll be propping up the rear, so i'm struggling to self-justify the entry... It's tempting for sure... but i dunno.
Get it booked - as long as you want to actually do it.
Better to do it and regret it then not do it and regret it, IMHO.

I’m old and knackered now so I’ve got even less chance of winning anything than I ever had, but if not winning means I stop trying then I’d never get out of bed.
Spot on - pretty much my philosophy too, I know it must be hard not to, but try not to compare yourself to the boy or anyone else in your class, you're racing against your last times there maybe, and if you ain't last that is a result I reckon :thumbup: