Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
gremlin

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by gremlin »

Louis Spence.

C- list celeb, annoying dancer and professional annoying gay.

Ruining a perfectly good repeat of Would I Lie To You.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
David

Post by David »

Horse wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:22 pm
Cousin Jack wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:50 pm
Horse wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:14 pm

Really? :D ;) I think mute looks better, it's more ascetic.
It is also a lot quieter.
Let's agree on that. Although perhaps I always give in too easily. As they say, my Achilles deal. Learned that at school, I am a man of principals.
Still wrong...Moot point.....and unless you had a deal with the the heads, its principles....and Achille's Heels.....
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

David wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:46 pm
Still wrong...Moot point.....and unless you had a deal with the the heads, its principles....and Achille's Heels.....
@David, he is pretending to be an idiot. I have to agree, with some sense of irony, that is rather easy to believe.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
David

Post by David »

Screwdriver wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:00 am
@David, he is pretending to be an idiot. I have to agree, with some sense of irony, that is rather easy to believe.
Was he Horsing around?
Horse

Post by Horse »

David wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:05 am
Screwdriver wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:00 am
Was he Horsing around?
Indeed. Being a Norse's RRRRs Thank you for playing along at home ;)

Shall we do apostrophe's next?

LOL @ screwd :D I haven't commented on any of your posts since you asked me not to. And this is the thanks I get :D
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Horse wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:24 am LOL @ screwd :D I haven't commented on any of your posts since you asked me not to. And this is the thanks I get :D
That is not a true reflection on events. You would scribble nonsense in my threads and drag the subject offtopic so I merely ignored you.

Recently I have taken everyone off ignore so the cycle can start again.

This does not boil my piss or even wind me up, it is the nature of social media. I discover I am less tolerant towards spam than most.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Horse wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:24 am
We have done the apostrophe to death.

Can I suggest the Oxford comma, or the decline of the gerund as suitable topics for discussion?
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Horse

Post by Horse »

Cousin Jack wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:44 am
Horse wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:24 am
We have done the apostrophe to death.

Can I suggest the Oxford comma, or the decline of the gerund as suitable topics for discussion?
OCs have their place. Gs I'd have to Google.

20230831_102640.jpg
20230831_102640.jpg (77.06 KiB) Viewed 374 times
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

All insurances have gone/will go up after the lockdown artificially lowered the risks and prices with a lack of accidents etc.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

My tenants are moving out (one of them has found a council house) - they're a decent lot and we've always had a very good relationship, but hey nothing lasts forever. So, one of the tenants told me ten days ago they had given notice via the lettings agent. I get nothing from the LA by way of confirmation (and I still fecking haven't). :(
Then a few days later one of the tenants say a few of them would like to stay on, but they can't afford the full rent any more, they want to offer me c20% less. I'm not getting into rent haggling, it's set at a reasonable level for the market and area and it's maintained well enough - but either this is a business or I just flog it. So in the kindest and least inflammatory and businesslike way I tell them no thanks. But I do offer to hold the rent at it's current rate for 18 months if that helps. So yeah, now they've gone radio silence on me. :roll:
Still nothing from the LA. My missus calls them and they tell her that "the agent dealing with our property is away". That fecking place - no process for handover or continuity of service - I'm sure they would let their head office burn down around their ears if the fire marshal happened to be on their holidays.
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

DefTrap wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:57 pm My tenants are moving out (one of them has found a council house) - they're a decent lot and we've always had a very good relationship, but hey nothing lasts forever. So, one of the tenants told me ten days ago they had given notice via the lettings agent. I get nothing from the LA by way of confirmation (and I still fecking haven't). :(
Then a few days later one of the tenants say a few of them would like to stay on, but they can't afford the full rent any more, they want to offer me c20% less. I'm not getting into rent haggling, it's set at a reasonable level for the market and area and it's maintained well enough - but either this is a business or I just flog it. So in the kindest and least inflammatory and businesslike way I tell them no thanks. But I do offer to hold the rent at it's current rate for 18 months if that helps. So yeah, now they've gone radio silence on me. :roll:
Still nothing from the LA. My missus calls them and they tell her that "the agent dealing with our property is away". That fecking place - no process for handover or continuity of service - I'm sure they would let their head office burn down around their ears if the fire marshal happened to be on their holidays.
My LA is just as shit, I have to chase for my money every month. Clearly they get it from the tenant and just 'forget' to pass on to me.....
If it wasn't for the whole capital gains malarky I'd just sell it.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

v8-powered wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:01 pm
My LA is just as shit, I have to chase for my money every month. Clearly they get it from the tenant and just 'forget' to pass on to me.....
If it wasn't for the whole capital gains malarky I'd just sell it.
I swear that every time I call them either
- X doesn't know, will get back to me
- X is out the office and will get back to me
- X has left, they are transitioning to Y, Y will get back to me
Nobody ever fecking gets back to me, they're in a constant process of firefighting where they deal with the customer shouting loudest and the rest of us can GTF
I interviewed a replacement LA, they told me each agent handles at least 100 properties, like it was some sort of validation of how good they are. :D ffs! I didn't transfer - (slightly) better the devil you know and all that.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Count Steer wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:58 am Car wing mirror spiders. 🕷

A lesson to us all in persistence. :D
Mine has packed bags and move to the boot, the little sod thinks he's on big brother and keeps spinning is web over my reversing camera :angry-cussingblack:
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

MrLongbeard wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:25 am
Count Steer wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:58 am Car wing mirror spiders. 🕷

A lesson to us all in persistence. :D
Mine has packed bags and move to the boot, the little sod thinks he's on big brother and keeps spinning is web over my reversing camera :angry-cussingblack:
Similar problem. Long term resident in passenger side mirror on the Jazz. FINALLY evicted the sod and thought I was rid of him. Now have a resident on the rear wiper that resist eviction.
Last edited by Cousin Jack on Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Like I said, a lesson in persistence.

🕷 🕸 :lol:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Sort of gently makes my piss noticeably warmer than body temperature - not boiling but certainly worth a trip to the doctors ...

We live abroad, our youngsters (three of them) are in the U.K - hence we fly about a lot. Some of the youngsters just use Skyscanner and hop on whatever is cheapest (because they are still at an age where they are more time rich and cash poor) - so today for example my eldest is flying Manchester to Bordeaux via Madrid ffs, more than twice the distance than flying direct
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Bloody Ducati, again! The dealer, not the bike!!

I emailed this morning to ask how long it would take for the CoC to arrive once I've visited them with the bike, this was the reply -
It may take 2 months to receive the certificate.

On the other hand, I forgot to tell you that we will have to replace the speedo and the headlight.

Cost of parts 730.27€ for a total of 1099.27€ for the replacement parts with the certificate.

FFS!! Hasn't actually told me the price of the CoC either :roll: :roll:

So, have to go back to him to say the headlight has already been changed and I'm also scanning ebay - have found a sticker for 40€ (:roll:) to put inside the clocks to change everything to kms. What's the betting the shop won't accept that :roll:

OMG it would have been so much easier not to have kept the bastard thing but I've no way of getting it back to the uk and I do kinda love it really, in a very masochistic kinda way :roll: :roll:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Noggin wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:10 pm On the other hand, I forgot to tell you that we will have to replace the speedo and the headlight.

Cost of parts 730.27€ for a total of 1099.27€ for the replacement parts with the certificate.

You'd have thought stickers for the clocks would be sufficient. I've had plenty of UK-grey-imported bikes with km clocks that used stickers on the display just slapped on the glass (and they certainly weren't 40 bucks, more like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266356766452 ... R9yYuPvNYg although natch you might want the kph version).
Whether it would be 'acceptable' ? Who knows!? ;) Like in the UK, seems to depend who you get. My local CT man is slack about everything ...

Plan B could be to borrow some clocks just for the inspection. It's not as if the bike will ever need a CT.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

DefTrap wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:59 pm
Noggin wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:10 pm On the other hand, I forgot to tell you that we will have to replace the speedo and the headlight.

You'd have thought stickers for the clocks would be sufficient. I've had plenty of UK-grey-imported bikes with km clocks that used stickers on the display just slapped on the glass (and they certainly weren't 40 bucks, more like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266356766452 ... R9yYuPvNYg although natch you might want the kph version).
Whether it would be 'acceptable' ? Who knows!? ;) Like in the UK, seems to depend who you get. My local CT man is slack about everything ...

Plan B could be to borrow some clocks just for the inspection. It's not as if the bike will ever need a CT.
I'm guessing that Ducati want to make the money by selling me the clocks :angry-cussingblack: I totally thought the stickered numbers would be ok but not sadly - well not with this dealer. And the one in Annecy was no more helpful :roll: :roll:

If I want it rideable and the CoC I'm going to have to spend the money I think. But can't afford the new clocks at 200€+, so will go for the sticker and hope I can split the clocks without breaking them (slim change I guess with the FUF in charge :roll: )

:angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde: