In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: In todays news...

Post by weeksy »

Screwdriver wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:55 pm or has any problem defining what the difference is between the only two genders on Gods Earth.
Ummmmm errrrrrm are you absolutely SURE ?

Given that there's a massive amount of talk on just this exact issue in the world these days..
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Who's God and what has his Earth got to do with me?
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

weeksy wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:02 pm
Screwdriver wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:55 pm or has any problem defining what the difference is between the only two genders on Gods Earth.
Ummmmm errrrrrm are you absolutely SURE ?

Given that there's a massive amount of talk on just this exact issue in the world these days..
Yes. 100% or to be precise 99.99% to account for intersex genetic defects (although in each and every case, those unfortunate few will actually have a defined gender based on their chromosomes).

How people wish to BEHAVE is entirely up to the individual and if a bloke wants to wear a dress, well it takes all sorts. But to then insist that I have to not only accept that sort of behaviour but actively moderate my own behaviours or celebrate their mental illness - well that's where I draw the line.

This will not end well for me and I appreciate that. The world has gone mad and I refuse to join in with any of this woke bollocks.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Screwdriver wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:11 pm This will not end well for me and I appreciate that. The world has gone mad and I refuse to join in with any of this woke bollocks.
we're all entitled to our views.... but on this one... i'm struggling to agree with you.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

KungFooBob wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:10 pm Who's God and what has his Earth got to do with me?
A mythical being who plays on the fragile psyche of individuals who need some sort of belief system which defines "right" from "wrong" to stop our society from descending into a free for all. They wrote a book about him.

The claim is "He" built this place and to be fair, someone made a pretty damned fine job of making this Earth a particularly nice place to be compared to the vacuum of space. I say we should try and keep it "as-is" but there is a competing group of apex predator who are happy to destroy the environment for a thing they invented called "money".

We digress. Every single mammalian creature on this good Earth is either male or female, either XY or XX chromosome. That simple system has worked for countless Millenia and now suddenly because of a mind virus being promoted on social media, there are over a hundred "genders" and to avoid offending anyone who wishes to identify as a lampshade, I am required to moderate my own thoughts??

Incredibly, I find myself warming to Katy whatserface:

Plato
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Screwdriver wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:23 pm
KungFooBob wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:10 pm Who's God and what has his Earth got to do with me?
A mythical being who plays on the fragile psyche of individuals who need some sort of belief system which defines "right" from "wrong" to stop our society from descending into a free for all. They wrote a book about him.

The claim is "He" built this place and to be fair, someone made a pretty damned fine job of making this Earth a particularly nice place to be compared to the vacuum of space. I say we should try and keep it "as-is" but there is a competing group of apex predator who are happy to destroy the environment for a thing they invented called "money".

We digress. Every single mammalian creature on this good Earth is either male or female, either XY or XX chromosome. That simple system has worked for countless Millenia and now suddenly because of a mind virus being promoted on social media, there are over a hundred "genders" and to avoid offending anyone who wishes to identify as a lampshade, I am required to moderate my own thoughts??

We thought the earth was flat for millennia too. Doesn't mean we were right. We thought women shouldn't vote too, maybe as humans we evolve.
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Gender doesn’t have a clear meaning in relation to people, unless you’re using it as a euphemism for sex.

There are certainly only two sexes in humans, everyone is one or the other and no-one can change sex.

Every unfortunate sufferer from the rare disorders of sexual development that are called intersex conditions, is still one sex or the other.
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

weeksy wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:27 pm
Screwdriver wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:23 pm

We thought the earth was flat for millennia too. Doesn't mean we were right. We thought women shouldn't vote too, maybe as humans we evolve.
Nobody “evolved” a vote, or a spherical planet.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Screwdriver wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:23 pm We digress. Every single mammalian creature on this good Earth is either male or female, either XY or XX chromosome. That simple system has worked for countless Millenia
I've heard this kind of argument applied to all sorts of things though. Eating meat ("we've got pointy teeth!"), women being unable to work ("men have bigger arms!")....choose your topic.

Animals also rape, murder, steal, eat their own children, abandon other children, cheat on their other halves and sexually abuse their young. Also, they shit on my car.

Not following our simplest base nature is what seperates us from the Animals no?
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

I find these replies somewhat incredible so perhaps I do not explain myself properly.

I really don't care what anyone else does. What they want to call themselves, how they wish to dress or up to a point, what sexual activities they wish to explore.

And that point if I really have to go there, is interfering with children. With their minds as they are educated or their physical bodies before they are adult and with their sexual behaviours/desires before the age of consent.

So my "point" of no return is:

No idiotic "gender affirming" education or psychiatric manipulation. Keep it simple.
No surgical intervention.
No sexual education beyond the scientific biological functions. Keep deviant behaviours on the fringes where they belong.

It's not rocket science. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes is appropriate here. Do you really want cross dressing, confused, mentally ill people "teaching" children? Really? Do you want your 5-8 year old coming home and asking if it's "normal" to suck cock after anal?

FFS. It's not the kind compassionate, lets be inclusive and all lovvy dovvy, girls can be boys, boys can be girls bollocks that's the problem here. It is the undeniable fact that children in particular can be left in the hands of adults who have vested interests which do not align with the child's interest. Adults who rely on surgical procedures to make their money, or have drugs to sell or let's be honest, an unhealthy attraction to children.

Modern society is difficult enough to navigate, I don't see how confusing the fuck out of the next generation is helpful at all to the individuals concerned, I can see plenty of ways it benefits the adults who are obsessed with this nonsense. None of them good.
Plato
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Screwdriver wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:29 pm I find these replies somewhat incredible so perhaps I do not explain myself properly.

I really don't care what anyone else does. What they want to call themselves, how they wish to dress or up to a point, what sexual activities they wish to explore.

And that point if I really have to go there, is interfering with children. With their minds as they are educated or their physical bodies before they are adult and with their sexual behaviours/desires before the age of consent.

So my "point" of no return is:

No idiotic "gender affirming" education or psychiatric manipulation. Keep it simple.
No surgical intervention.
No sexual education beyond the scientific biological functions. Keep deviant behaviours on the fringes where they belong.

It's not rocket science. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes is appropriate here. Do you really want cross dressing, confused, mentally ill people "teaching" children? Really? Do you want your 5-8 year old coming home and asking if it's "normal" to suck cock after anal?

FFS. It's not the kind compassionate, lets be inclusive and all lovvy dovvy, girls can be boys, boys can be girls bollocks that's the problem here. It is the undeniable fact that children in particular can be left in the hands of adults who have vested interests which do not align with the child's interest. Adults who rely on surgical procedures to make their money, or have drugs to sell or let's be honest, an unhealthy attraction to children.

Modern society is difficult enough to navigate, I don't see how confusing the fuck out of the next generation is helpful at all to the individuals concerned, I can see plenty of ways it benefits the adults who are obsessed with this nonsense. None of them good.
Oh you're explaining yourself fine... :)

That doesn't make you correct :)
Horse

Post by Horse »

Screwdriver wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:29 pmDo you want your 5-8 year old coming home and asking if it's "normal" to suck cock after anal?
Ah, that'll be different from the little darling who announced at junior school that mummy and daddy had 'Mars bars parties'?
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

No and I am not saying I am correct, I am merely expressing my opinion here. One of the very few places I can discuss this nonsense without being thrown in jail it would seem.

But to be perfectly honest, I am aghast at the acceptance on display of this ludicrous woke nonsense. So much so that I think I should probably leave you all to it. Obviously I am out of touch here. I had assumed incorrectly that sensible folk could see this nonsense for what it is. And then on some other thread, there are life long bikers (?) petrolheads (??) actively defending the obsession with speed cameras. WTF!!

I must have wandered into the wrong version of multiverse...
Plato
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Screwdriver wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:37 pm No and I am not saying I am correct, I am merely expressing my opinion here. One of the very few places I can discuss this nonsense without being thrown in jail it would seem.

But to be perfectly honest, I am aghast at the acceptance on display of this ludicrous woke nonsense. So much so that I think I should probably leave you all to it. Obviously I am out of touch here. I had assumed incorrectly that sensible folk could see this nonsense for what it is. And then on some other thread, there are life long bikers (?) petrolheads (??) actively defending the obsession with speed cameras. WTF!!

Maybe all the people who are not replying agree with you :)

I completely struggle to understand many parts of society too, including the non-binary, gender neutral, identiftying as a cheescake, or whatever... but just because i don't understand it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist... for them.

I don't really understand gravity... i mean when it was Invented it was amazing :)

;)
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Screwdriver wrote: No and I am not saying I am correct, I am merely expressing my opinion here. One of the very few places I can discuss this nonsense without being thrown in jail it would seem.

You can say most of it on Twitter these days.

I’m not sure you’re made of the right stuff for Kiwifarms.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Screwdriver wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:11 pm How people wish to BEHAVE is entirely up to the individual and if a bloke wants to wear a dress, well it takes all sorts. But to then insist that I have to not only accept that sort of behaviour but actively moderate my own behaviours or celebrate their mental illness - well that's where I draw the line.
I'd agree with most of that, but probably substitute 'the effects of peer and media pressure' for 'their mental illness'.

I have a number of gay friends and I treat them exactly as I would my heterosexual friends. Probably due to my age I don't have any friends who identify as anything other than the sex of their birth and no-one who requires me to address them as 'them' or 'they', which is just as well as I wouldn't even countenance the nonsense. It's just grammatically wrong and plain silly and I will have no part of it. They can identify themselves as whatever they want, i'm fine with that, but just don't ask me to participate in their little charade.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
JamJar

Post by JamJar »

mangocrazy wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:53 pm
Screwdriver wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:11 pm How people wish to BEHAVE is entirely up to the individual and if a bloke wants to wear a dress, well it takes all sorts. But to then insist that I have to not only accept that sort of behaviour but actively moderate my own behaviours or celebrate their mental illness - well that's where I draw the line.
I'd agree with most of that, but probably substitute 'the effects of peer and media pressure' for 'their mental illness'.

I have a number of gay friends and I treat them exactly as I would my heterosexual friends. Probably due to my age I don't have any friends who identify as anything other than the sex of their birth and no-one who requires me to address them as 'them' or 'they', which is just as well as I wouldn't even countenance the nonsense. It's just grammatically wrong and plain silly and I will have no part of it. They can identify themselves as whatever they want, i'm fine with that, but just don't ask me to participate in their little charade.
Lol you said it was grammatically wrong and then used they to identify them twice :)
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

JamJar wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:03 pm
mangocrazy wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:53 pm

Lol you said it was grammatically wrong and then used they to identify them twice :)
And my usage is grammatically correct. To have used he/she/whatever would have made for a horribly clumsy sentence just to make a point, and I'm not like that...

And your point is? :D
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

I'm with you Screwd, all the way mate. There are some weird folk around these days and some even weirder folk who can't or won't see the problems.

I try to keep my opinions to myself though as much as I can.

There was a teacher who got sacked for saying "Good morning girls." to a class of pupils at a girls school. Some of the girl students at that girl's school complained and the teacher was sacked. The lunatics are running the asylum and most people don't want to see it.

There's none so blind. . .
Skub

Post by Skub »

Screwdriver wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:37 pm No and I am not saying I am correct, I am merely expressing my opinion here. One of the very few places I can discuss this nonsense without being thrown in jail it would seem.

I'm so out of touch with most of the things mentioned above,I've given up offering an opinion. I suppose I'm way too lazy to argue against the ludicrous. It has assumed the farcical elements of a Terry Pratchett yarn. Mostly I'm just bemused.

As for speed camera vans,my personal view is,it's revenue raising dressed as safety,but those are the rules of the game and you can't always be a winner.
I reckon never being caught on the bike since they invented points on licences is a pretty good run,so I'll suck that one up like a good boy.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955