2023 OFFICIAL Extravaganza trackday thread. come one, come all. 11/12/13 August

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
tricol

Re: 2023 OFFICIAL Extravaganza trackday thread. come one, come all. 11/12/13 August

Post by tricol »

I'm not getting involved. Again.
Yamaha MT09 SP
Tricky

Re: 2023 OFFICIAL Extravaganza trackday thread. come one, come all. 11/12/13 August

Post by Tricky »

Another fun weekend with some top people- it started for me with a slightly tedious, but TBH not entirely unexpected very slow trek down the M4 in the van on Friday afternoon- what should have been 3.5hrs was 5, but that seems to be the way with the M4 on a Friday.. :roll:

Anyway, we got to the circuit at 7ish, missed the Weeksys but dropped some beer off, and said hello to Dodgy, Beanie, and the Bowman crew before heading off to our B&B, all of 1.5 miles down the road from the circuit.
Dumped our bags, a quick freshen up, and then had what turned out to be a very tasty and very substantial Jalfrezi at the local Indian restaurant, which was even closer to the circuit than our B& B, before heading back to the B&B.
Saturday morning came and on opening the curtains I was pleasantly surprised- going from the forecasts I was expecting thunder and rain of substantial proportions, but although we’d had a bit during the night, and the sky was a bit dark, it wasn’t raining and the roads were damp rather than drenched.
Got to the circuit and if anything, things were even better, so the time I’d spent on Friday putting wet tyres in the ZX6 had been well spent ( I can almost guarantee that if I arrive at a circuit wearing wets, then it’s dry tyres that are required.... :D )
Met up with tricol, the weeksys yin, and everyone else, signed on and we were all set 8-)

I couldn’t be arsed to swap the wheels that early in the day, and TBH was itching to get out on the new (to me) bike anyway, so went out on the SXV first sesh- more on that in the thread on it here, but suffice to say it decided me that I wanted to be on the ZX6 next session.
And that’s where I stayed for the rest of the day- the weather was a bit patchy but we were fairly lucky and although it did rain hard at some points, it wasn’t when our group was on track so it really wasn’t bad at all and didn’t detract from my enjoyment, or, as far as I could tell, anyone else’s really.

So another cracking day out, some fun riding motorbikes round and round, catching up with people I don’t think I see often enough, although it was undoubtedly a smaller group of us there this year than it has been in the past, didn’t make it any less fun for me as every single person in the RTTL gang there is a genuinely sound and fun person, was particularly good to see Beanie, Bowman and his boys again

And I feel that a few special mentions are probably also due-

• Catering / Hospitality-
A joint award to Mr & Mrs Weeks- Ceri for the onion chopping, her wit and generally keeping old man Weeksy in check, and weeksy himself for his expert logistical and barbequing skills making sure that there was enough (too much) food and beer, and it was all perfectly cooked- I honestly reckon I ate more red meat that one night than I had in the whole 11 months previous to it- |I suffered for it yesterday, but delicious it certainly was :thumbup:
  • Dedication to the art of going round and round as often and as fast as you can
- Another joint award- tricol and bigyin- out in every single session, rain or not rain, and enjoying it, or at least they looked like they were to me
  • Spannerman-
our leader Mr Weeks- even though I think I only got to ride on full wets for one session, weeksy and I swapped the wheels in the ZX 3 or 4 times, and I reckon we had it down to 5 mins tops- much appreciated :thumbup:

Loved every minute, especially the laughs over the BBQ in the evening, and look forward to doing it again with as many of you as I can, as many times as you can in the future :)

:obscene-drinkingcheers:
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

dern wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:49 pm Could have been me. Struggling to shift that cold and cough. Sorry.

Good to see everyone, a few dry sessions and some wind and rain but definitely could have been way worse.
As i said, not a problem as i dont sleep early so read a kindle book till i dozed off once the coughing stopped and you had gone to sleep. Hope you get rid of it soon as its a pain in the arse for you and i should have mentioned in my write up "the man of 3 coats"... you were never going to get cold in the multiple layers under the gazebo and if you didnt bring your one to link up to the Weeksy one we would all have been screwed in the evening during the rain storms :thumbup:
G.P

Post by G.P »

Really good to catch up with everyone, albeit not on track. I'll be bringing a bike next year.
Thanks to the weeksys for top BBQ-ing and organising.
Everyone was looking really good on track and nice to see there were no spills.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

We just need to work out how to get more of these buggers to an event next.

I still recall when it was both me and @Mr OCD cooking and we couldn't get the food out quickly enough there were so many people.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

weeksy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:45 pm We just need to work out how to get more of these buggers to an event next.

I still recall when it was both me and @Mr OCD cooking and we couldn't get the food out quickly enough there were so many people.
I've really tried! Just haven't been able to afford to come back over for too long! I'll try harder next year! (not that that will make much difference to your BBQ-ing!! :D )
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

weeksy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:45 pm We just need to work out how to get more of these buggers to an event next.

If you add in OCD, Couchy and Jazzy plus the Wiltshire posse that’s getting for an extra 8 bikes on track so easy to see the difference in numbers. We’ll work on others for the future ;)
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Bigyin wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:49 pm

If you add in OCD, Couchy and Jazzy plus the Wiltshire posse that’s getting for an extra 8 bikes on track so easy to see the difference in numbers. We’ll work on others for the future ;)
@Sunny and Muzzy might come next year too - now Sunny's got an awesome bike for Pembrey!! :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
hawkati

Post by hawkati »

August is always a bastard month because it's popular with festivals & therefore I'm wrapped up making the world a louder place. Sounds all very rock but tbh it can sometimes be a ballache and I'd rather be titting around in circles on a bike
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

"well there's blue jobs and pink jobs at home"

I'd forgotten that until it just came up in conversation with @Welsh Muffin now.

You fucking bunch of Muppets. Blue jobs and pink jobs indeed.

"Well that's quite clearly a woman's job" heard from @Dodgy69 waaaaay too often. Mrs Weeksy and Mrs Tricky were almost killing someone
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

If I had to fit the stock exhaust/dustbin to the ZH2 I'm afraid the day would end with a massive blackhole forming.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

It's a very good, tried and tested method of job alacation. Don't think Mrs @Dodgy69 would enjoy the experience of crawling under cars or climbing ladders to clean out the gutter.

It gets very confusing when you start cross jobbing and usually the quality of workmanship drops off. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

This pic just came up in my " 5 years ago today" timeline so I thought I'd post it here- perhaps (not?) unsuprisingly, there's only one bike in view that is still in the same ownership AFAIK?

And there's @Couchy in his posh leathers playing brmm-brmms on his latest acquisition, which I did a session on and bought it from him straight after :thumbup:

weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

I'm thinking when i hit 55 and get some pension out, i'll get another 690 just like that... assuming i can find a nice one by then.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

weeksy wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:35 am I'm thinking when i hit 55 and get some pension out, i'll get another 690 just like that... assuming i can find a nice one by then.
You can take the Boy off the Duke, but you can't take the Duke out of the Boy... :D
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

weeksy wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:35 am I'm thinking when i hit 55 and get some pension out, i'll get another 690 just like that... assuming i can find a nice one by then.
Do it now, you might not make 55
Honda Owner
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:18 pm
Do it now, you might not make 55
LOL I just bought the boy a £7000 bike
Couchy

Post by Couchy »

I should be there next year, who knows what on as I don't own a motorbike right now but that's a non issue :) ;)
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Tricky wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:28 am This pic just came up in my " 5 years ago today" timeline so I thought I'd post it here- perhaps (not?) unsuprisingly, there's only one bike in view that is still in the same ownership AFAIK?

And there's @Couchy in his posh leathers playing brmm-brmms on his latest acquisition, which I did a session on and bought it from him straight after :thumbup:

I wrote off the AU13 reg Multistrada in that photo riding home from that weekend in a biblical storm :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Was a good weekend right up till that point ;)

That was the last Trackday get together weekend i only spectated at as i have ridden in all 4 since
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

Glad you lot had a good weekend, though I want to know more about @Tricky's new bike dislike(?)
Noggin wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:06 am

@Sunny and Muzzy might come next year too - now Sunny's got an awesome bike for Pembrey!! :lol:
If I'd had my new bike epiphany at bit sooner, we'd have been there I reckon 👍 so next year seems highly likely. 😎 :banana-dance:

If nothing else it's been way too long since @Welsh Muffin took the piss out of my camping wine cup 😆

We're also a bit over the whole camping thing these days - especially now himself has got a load of scaffolding in his back, so a hotel is highly likely to feature. Must (a) remember to keep logging in here, and (b) plan 😆