What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
the_priest

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by the_priest »

Quiet walk in the morning with the dog. Wife and son in Hungary for a week. Went to collect daughters prescription, not on the system. Pharmacist sorted that out, so collect it Saturday when her last tablet runs out. Did some shopping and bought halva, lovely stuff. Buzzing at the moment.

Having a quiet time with just daughter to look after, she is feeling down again, which is hard going. Have to keep checking on her to ensure she eats and is communicating.

Wife's brain tumour is playing up again, so when she gets home next week she has to tell the head doctor. Needs another scan and perhaps the surgery.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

Last week I had Manflu / Covid light so the outdoors stuff that I usually do came to a snot fuelled stop.As I'm now getting over it & the sun's shining this morning I did a 18 km walk across the fields & along the Leeds-Liverpool canal.I love it around here & it felt good doing a simple thing like getting out in the outdoors in the summer weather.

I'll nip out on the SV650 later,I'm fine tuning the handlebar position,I'll take the Allen keys & spanners with me :thumbup:
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

A bit of MTB fettling, refitted the AR Exhaust to the ZH2 after its MOT and a dog walk around the Downs, unfortunately one of my favourite walks has become very overgrown, partly as the woodland bit of the trail has some fallen trees due to Ash die back and its only got worse since the last time I attempted the route and its now completely impassable.
IMG_0122.jpeg
IMG_0122.jpeg (1.58 MiB) Viewed 439 times
IMG_0123.jpeg
IMG_0123.jpeg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 439 times
IMG_0125.jpeg
IMG_0125.jpeg (980.11 KiB) Viewed 439 times
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Finally defrosted, battered and cooked some fish for the freezer!! I was given a huge box of haddock (I think!) fillets at the end of the winter, but needed to get organised to defrost and batter them! I've only done four - chopped into 'bits' and 3 huge cod steaks that have been in the freezer for a while too :D Going to the valley tomorrow and hopefully picking up some veg from a friends allotment, which I believe will include potatoes, so I'll be making some chips for the freezer too :D That's quite a lot of dinners sorted :D

Also made a courgette crumble for me, a courgette and chocolate cake (nicer than it sounds!) and some ginger nut biscuits to share :D

All those a bit interesting in a tiny air fryer, but it worked out :D

The cake and biscuits have already got the thumbs up for the folks at work, so that's good :D

Courgette crumble for me for tea tonight - after physio!

Feel like I've walked a marathon, but just been stood in a miniscule kitchen all day :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Deposited what could well be a World Championship bowl-winder, If not a championship winner, it was certainly a contender for length, taper, final curl & the fact it exceeded 360deg...
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:07 pm A bit of MTB fettling, refitted the AR Exhaust to the ZH2 after its MOT and a dog walk around the Downs, unfortunately one of my favourite walks has become very overgrown, partly as the woodland bit of the trail has some fallen trees due to Ash die back and its only got worse since the last time I attempted the route and its now completely impassable.
Do you own a chainsaw?
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

I've been doing unashamedly girlie things today - finding out how to use Mrs Mango's sewing machine and using it to re-work 3 cat harnesses I bought cheap recently so that they fit our cat comfortably. He tolerates wearing a harness and walking on a lead and it's a godsend when we're travelling with him to stick him on a lead and restrict his sphere of activities when we need to open van doors etc. Here's one of him out for a walk in the Derbyshire countryside:

DSC_2767.jpg
DSC_2767.jpg (751.58 KiB) Viewed 408 times
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Skub

Post by Skub »

mangocrazy wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:11 pm I've been doing unashamedly girlie things today - finding out how to use Mrs Mango's sewing machine and using it to re-work 3 cat harnesses I bought cheap recently so that they fit our cat comfortably. He tolerates wearing a harness and walking on a lead and it's a godsend when we're travelling with him to stick him on a lead and restrict his sphere of activities when we need to open van doors etc. Here's one of him out for a walk in the Derbyshire countryside:

DSC_2767.jpg
The retribution for the indignities suffered at the hand of a hooman,will indeed be a terrible thing. :(
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

If cats could text you....

...they wouldn't. :(
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

ZRX61 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:01 pm
MingtheMerciless wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:07 pm A bit of MTB fettling, refitted the AR Exhaust to the ZH2 after its MOT and a dog walk around the Downs, unfortunately one of my favourite walks has become very overgrown, partly as the woodland bit of the trail has some fallen trees due to Ash die back and its only got worse since the last time I attempted the route and its now completely impassable.
Do you own a chainsaw?
I'd need a 1 mile extension lead and the volt drop would be considerable😂. TBH the woodland is now so contaminated/riddled with ash die back it'd be the work of Sisyphus to keep it clear (also Plod get a bit twitchy about people lugging chainsaws about in public).
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Skub wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:36 pm
mangocrazy wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:11 pm I've been doing unashamedly girlie things today - finding out how to use Mrs Mango's sewing machine and using it to re-work 3 cat harnesses I bought cheap recently so that they fit our cat comfortably. He tolerates wearing a harness and walking on a lead and it's a godsend when we're travelling with him to stick him on a lead and restrict his sphere of activities when we need to open van doors etc. Here's one of him out for a walk in the Derbyshire countryside:

DSC_2767.jpg
The retribution for the indignities suffered at the hand of a hooman,will indeed be a terrible thing. :(
He's actually remarkably tolerant of being on a lead. When he was only about 9 months old I took him across some sand dunes at the coast and he didn't bat an eyelid when half a dozen horses and riders trotted past. If anything the horses and riders were more spooked. However as we got onto the beach proper and closer to the sea he made his displeasure very well known. He retreated right smartish to the relative safety of the sand dunes.

And if ever you want to get talking to girlies, get a cat and take it for a walk. Works a treat... :D
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

mangocrazy wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:29 pm
He's actually remarkably tolerant of being on a lead. When he was only about 9 months old I took him across some sand dunes at the coast and he didn't bat an eyelid when half a dozen horses and riders trotted past. If anything the horses and riders were more spooked. However as we got onto the beach proper and closer to the sea he made his displeasure very well known. He retreated right smartish to the relative safety of the sand dunes.

And if ever you want to get talking to girlies, get a cat and take it for a walk. Works a treat... :D
The kitten I fostered started out going hiking, camping and rock climbing on a lead with her new servants!! Now she just follows them on hikes and makes sure she is ahead of the dog!! :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Skub

Post by Skub »

mangocrazy wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:29 pm He's actually remarkably tolerant of being on a lead. When he was only about 9 months old I took him across some sand dunes at the coast and he didn't bat an eyelid when half a dozen horses and riders trotted past. If anything the horses and riders were more spooked. However as we got onto the beach proper and closer to the sea he made his displeasure very well known. He retreated right smartish to the relative safety of the sand dunes.

We used to have two Siamese cats and they behaved more like dogs than felines. They also ganged up on neighbourhood pooches that dared to trespass. I had to rescue a poor little Westie that made the mistake of using the garage catflap. I heard the howls of the cornered beast from inside the house!
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
David

Post by David »

DSC_2767.jpg

Lovely pussy!!!!!!
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

This was him at 8 weeks old. I mean, does it get any more cute?

DSCF2394a.JPG
DSCF2394a.JPG (1.21 MiB) Viewed 339 times
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Spent a day and evening going round and round on what is (IMO) the UK's most fun racetrack and finally realising how old and knackered and slow I really am - still good fun and brilliant social though, but I am now finally accepting that my sports bike riding position days are definitely over, even for just 20 mins at a time :think:

[Image]

Am here for two days though, so I get to do it all again in the morning, and as the saying goes, tomorrow is another day - so will see if I feel the same tomorrow night :)
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Yay!

MT10!
Horse

Post by Horse »

Noggin wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:33 pm
Also made a ...courgette and chocolate cake (nicer than it sounds!)
Filly makes them - you don't have to convince me!
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Was almost boiled alive after roomie decided to top off the pool while I was in the shower, instantly diverted all cold water from the shower. Couldn't reach the taps without risking severe burns & had to leap out. :shock:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Woo-bloody-hooooooo :bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde:

The bastard Monster started!! :bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde:

Had to wait for a mate to help (can't hold the tank up and fit the battery, then spray 'startyoubastard' in the carbs all at the same time!!). But, with some encouragement and finally remembering the choke :roll: :roll: , she goes!!!

I 'think' I've sussed the vibrating peg - chain is a bit loose.

So, I've cleaned the chain and sprockets and loosened the axle nuts but will wait to grab a friend again to help me adjust the chain as not sure I should be allowed to do that alone (you know, just in case it falls on me, the bike, not the chain!! :lol: )

Now to get the CoC and the insurance and I'll have transport for the end of the summer season (buses stop on Friday, so if I'm going to work in the interseason, I need the bike!!).

The friend that helped (by holding the tank up!) did ask if I was keeping it and I have to admit that, despite my lack of mechanical competence and the Monsters poor background that causes issues, I do love her - just in a very masochistic way!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Really have to try and find a bike that starts on the button for next year :D :D