In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
ZRX61

Re: In todays news...

Post by ZRX61 »

Screwdriver wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:43 pm You seem to be taking this "todays news" quite literally.

Perhaps you could include a weather report at the end which would be just as interesting. :thumbup:
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Scorchio!
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Screwdriver wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:43 pm
ZRX61 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:15 pm MIG 23 just augered in at Willow Run airshow, both crew ejected.
You seem to be taking this "todays news" quite literally.

Perhaps you could include a weather report at the end which would be just as interesting. :thumbup:
I dunno, the post made me Google it. In the video it looked like they shot out of a perfectly serviceable aircraft in straight and level flight.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

KungFooBob wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:11 am I dunno, the post made me Google it. In the video it looked like they shot out of a perfectly serviceable aircraft in straight and level flight.
I don't know either, there's not enough detail in the post to sound interesting to me. Plus I am unfamiliar with the jargon "augered in". That almost encouraged me me to chase it up but @ZRX61 is giving a sort of "headline" precis which makes it difficult to decide which story might pique my interest.

I think the ambition is to show how the USA is stumbling around like a drunken sailor due to ineffective governance. I already know that and have been berated for exposing the wider picture like, well, like the ones I have been pointing out for so long,
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

KungFooBob wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:11 am
Screwdriver wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:43 pm
ZRX61 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:15 pm MIG 23 just augered in at Willow Run airshow, both crew ejected.
You seem to be taking this "todays news" quite literally.

I dunno, the post made me Google it.
Me too. :D
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Mmmm, an auger is a woodworking drill bit basically so i'd guess that the plane spiraled into the ground and made a hole.

I haven't googled it and tbh I won't be doing so just yet as I've got a pile of ironing to do. Of course, if the plane doesn't spiral into the ground I'm going to be as baffled as everyone else.
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Yambo wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:54 am I've got a pile of ironing to do.
You do ironing?
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Of course, I'm not a slob. :lol:
Skub

Post by Skub »

Yambo wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:13 am Of course, I'm not a slob. :lol:
Do you take on any extra work?

Asking for a friend. :thumbup:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Yambo wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:54 am Mmmm, an auger is a woodworking drill bit basically so i'd guess that the plane spiraled into the ground and made a hole.
Or it may have elevated a lot of grain.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

More pancaked than augered, either way it's fucked

Last edited by MrLongbeard on Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

KungFooBob wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:11 am I dunno, the post made me Google it. In the video it looked like they shot out of a perfectly serviceable aircraft in straight and level flight.
Engine failure, both crew landed in a lake, I'd guess they were attempting to put the MIG in there as well but it didn't quite get that far.
Same aircraft lost part of the canopy at Oskkosh a couple of weeks ago.
Last edited by ZRX61 on Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

When I win the lotto I'm going to Airventure at Oshkosh, looks amazing.
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Screwdriver wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:29 am
I don't know either, there's not enough detail in the post to sound interesting to me. Plus I am unfamiliar with the jargon "augered in". That almost encouraged me me to chase it up but @ZRX61 is giving a sort of "headline" precis which makes it difficult to decide which story might pique my interest.

I think the ambition is to show how the USA is stumbling around like a drunken sailor due to ineffective governance. I already know that and have been berated for exposing the wider picture like, well, like the ones I have been pointing out for so long,
Because a Soviet-built aircraft crashed at an American public air show? :crazy:
irie

Post by irie »

If the "sources" are right, the noose is slowly tightening around Trump's neck. Written messages, not dismissable hearsay.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/08/13/poli ... index.html
Atlanta-area prosecutors investigating efforts to overturn the 2020 election results in Georgia are in possession of text messages and emails directly connecting members of Donald Trump’s legal team to the early January 2021 voting system breach in Coffee County, sources tell CNN.

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis is expected to seek charges against more than a dozen individuals when her team presents its case before a grand jury next week. Several individuals involved in the voting systems breach in Coffee County are among those who may face charges in the sprawling criminal probe.

Investigators in the Georgia criminal probe have long suspected the breach was not an organic effort sprung from sympathetic Trump supporters in rural and heavily Republican Coffee County – a county Trump won by nearly 70% of the vote. They have gathered evidence indicating it was a top-down push by Trump’s team to access sensitive voting software, according to people familiar with the situation.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Why on earth Trump is still news is beyond me. It's like when they babbled on about Thatcher for decades, or Major, they've gone, move on. Who really gives a shit any more
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Trump may be president again.
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

JackyJoll wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:18 pm
DefTrap wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:39 pm
Ant wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:28 pm Disney joins the guild of go woke, go broke, as they team up with a pervert to try and groom young girls....

https://www.theblaze.com/news/disney-ti ... mouse-male
'A pervert'. How so? He's not even a proper transexual anyway, rather a homosexual wannabe tranny. The fashion world has been full of them for literally ever.
Ok maybe he’s just an actor, seeing a chance to work. I certainly don’t mind being wrong about bad stuff.

But I see no reason to take his side.

Hmm.
Spoiler
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

weeksy wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:31 pm Why on earth Trump is still news is beyond me. It's like when they babbled on about Thatcher for decades, or Major, they've gone, move on. Who really gives a shit any more
Thatcher is relevant today because her policies still affect everyday life. Compare UK train fares to countries which retained nationalised railways, Thatcher did that. Live in the sticks and get broadband over copper, Thatcher stopped BT replacing copper with fibre because it would give them a competitive advantage (she'd privatised the telecoms industry). There's shit loads of stuff she either did, started or has been copied by others that makes her relevant.

Trump is still relevant, if he goes for re-election there's a chance he could be the next US president.

If you read the pensions thread it explains why Liz Truss will be relevant to a lot of people for many years to come.
Ant

Post by Ant »

Thatcher, she took no shit, best prime minister post war.

Truss, took the blame for the BoE fuck ups, by the misogynistic left, despite the interest rates climbing well before and the bigger shock taking place a day before the budget which didn't come I to affect was announced. If it was all down to Truss, then things should be back to where they were before since her departure, right?

Trump, best president for peace, no wars, great economic policies.