In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
KungFooBob

Re: In todays news...

Post by KungFooBob »

Attacked by a hawk and a snake at the same time!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-66446697
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

mangocrazy wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:05 pm A few days ago the Crooked House pub in the West Midlands burned down, shortly after a change of ownership. Apparently the new owners wanted to change the use of the building. How coincidental.

Then a couple of days later the bulldozers moved in and the site is now a pile of rubble, with whatever clues as to what caused or started the fire doubtless buried deep under the rubble. How coincidental.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-66442399

The whole thing stinks to high heaven and I hope the new owners are forced to rebuild the pub brick by brick.
Dude, google "Cathedral Quarter fires Belfast"

You'd be surprised just gow many old buildings, exposed to the elements, spontaneously burst into flames, sometimes the same building catches fire on consecutive nights......🤨🤨
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Taipan wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:32 am
Yorick wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:49 pm
JamJar wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:38 pm
Not really, only 2 days a week if you live withing 50 miles of an office.
What knob takes a job so far from work :D
Two of our most senior people live miles from work, i.e. Manchester and Chichester. These are also the people that introduced our working from home arrangements. Both moved away shortly after lockdown and continue with the (unnecessary?) WFH to maintain and future-proof our robustness during any unforeseen forthcoming events such as another pandemic. :roll:

There are a lot of critics of this scheme now as levels of things like IT support have suffered and the cost of empty rooms and buildings is becoming increasingly hard to justify. Plus the unions are citing unfairness to the lower paid as they are in roles such as front of house and are still onsite full time and still cop for travel costs etc. Cant see it changing though as the SMT turkeys certainly wont vote for Xmas!
Unused rooms seems like a desperate excuse, they can do something about that if they aren't needed. My company ditched most of its London office space in the pandemic as it wasn't wanted or needed. The jobs that need bums on seats will continue to pay a London premium or for Mcjobs it means they won't be eliminated.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Count Steer wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:48 am It's danger money! According to CNN lorry/delivery driving is the most dangerous job in the USA - more people die on the job than in any other industry. (It's not just down to diet either :D )

Mainly road accidents, poorly maintained vehicles, pressure of hitting delivery time targets etc but, at a guess, they have to go into dodgy areas too and they're carrying stuff that costs money. They probably even deliver to ZRX61 :lol:
The local UPS depot burned down over a year ago, there's still a couple of walls standing & they moved all the burned/melted trucks & vans to the back of the property. There's no sign it's going to be rebuilt. That place is about 3 miles away, now I get stuff delivered from another depot about 50 miles away.
Fire started in the vehicle workshop because some wrench turner fucked up & it took out the entire depot.
Ant

Post by Ant »

Disney joins the guild of go woke, go broke, as they team up with a pervert to try and groom young girls....

https://www.theblaze.com/news/disney-ti ... mouse-male
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Ant wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:28 pm Disney joins the guild of go woke, go broke, as they team up with a pervert to try and groom young girls....

I’d be so surprised if that guy sees a connection between children and sexual practices. Nobody can possibly predict something so unlikely.
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Ant wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:28 pm Disney joins the guild of go woke, go broke, as they team up with a pervert to try and groom young girls....

Don't be so negative. He's obviously the best woman for the job. Don't you find it reassuring that a man who decides to be a woman is so good at it that he can beat all the other women in the country who've been doing it their whole lives. Men are just better at everything. Aren't we, sisters? :D
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

'A pervert'. How so? He's not even a proper transexual anyway, rather a homosexual wannabe tranny. The fashion world has been full of them for literally ever.
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

DefTrap wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:39 pm

'A pervert'. How so? He's not even a proper transexual anyway, rather a homosexual wannabe tranny. The fashion world has been full of them for literally ever.
Ok maybe he’s just an actor, seeing a chance to work. I certainly don’t mind being wrong about bad stuff.

But I see no reason to take his side.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

JackyJoll wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:18 pm
Ok maybe he’s just an actor, seeing a chance to work. I certainly don’t mind being wrong about bad stuff.

But I see no reason to take his side.
I just think there's an awful lot of assuming going on here.
I mean Disney himself was a perv, disguised in plain sight as a twinkley eyed hetero. No need to slip on his slingbacks and tuck his junk away.
MyLittleStudPony

Post by MyLittleStudPony »

I don't think there's anything wrong with being a pervert. Lots of my best friends etc.
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

MyLittleStudPony wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:25 pm I don't think there's anything wrong with being a pervert. Lots of my best friends etc.
If it’s not wrong, how can it be perverted?
Ant

Post by Ant »

Dianne Abbott just never learns. After being suspended from the Labour party, for hate speech, she decides to continue to spread hate....

https://talk.tv/news/25304/diane-abbott ... d-migrants
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

It reads as if she was trying to use a clumsy irony to sympathise with the victims.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Ant wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:22 am Dianne Abbott just never learns. After being suspended from the Labour party, for hate speech, she decides to continue to spread hate....

I can't really fault her for this one, it's obviously sarcastic and in response to the idiot deputy chairman of the Conservative party, who earlier this week said asylum seekers complaining about being moved on to an accommodation barge should “f*** off back to France”.
MyLittleStudPony

Post by MyLittleStudPony »

Potter wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:51 am
Ant wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:22 am Dianne Abbott just never learns. After being suspended from the Labour party, for hate speech, she decides to continue to spread hate....

I can't really fault her for this one, it's obviously sarcastic and in response to the idiot deputy chairman of the Conservative party, who earlier this week said asylum seekers complaining about being moved on to an accommodation barge should “f*** off back to France”.

Look at her shoes though, look at her shoes.

It's what we voted for, we knew what we were voting for.
Ant

Post by Ant »

It was in incredibly poor taste. I can't fault Lee, as if I were fleeing war and persecution, I'm sure one of those cruise liners with free bed and board would be a great safe start to life away from war. Of course if one is telling porkies, then there will be something wrong with it.

People in the second world war fled war to makeshift beds in the London underground, how times have changed......
Ant

Post by Ant »

MyLittleStudPony wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:43 pm

Look at her shoes though, look at her shoes.

It's what we voted for, we knew what we were voting for.
Forget her shoes, isn't it time she got a new hair do? She's still sporting that open lid hells angels look....
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Screwdriver wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:59 pm Giant swathes of that cash injection are simply missing. There is no telling where all the money has gone despite demands from the Senate to account for it. Even that should be of little concern other than the inevitable global depression which now looms as the US plunges ever deeper into gigantic debt. $30,000,000,000,000 or thirty trillion and rising. The interest on that debt alone is an eye watering eight trillion dollars annually. What America needs right now is to remind the world that while it might to all intents and purposes be economically bankrupt, it is still by far the most well armed nation on this planet and can largely do whatever the fuck it wants.
Here it comes.

If it's true that BlackRock are shifting away from the US markets, something big is about to happen.

You can bet your bottom dollar...

Oh and why should we care about the US economy, as if it isn't the lynchpin around which the western world pivots? Well on top of that, the obvious "way out" of economic collapse is WAR. Is there any activity currently that might be a useful scape goat? Are the US just about to goad Russia into full scale war? Perhaps they'll just find an excuse to declare war anyway and stop this proxy nonsense.

Either way, it doesn't look good.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

JackyJoll wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:27 am It reads as if she was trying to use a clumsy irony to sympathise with the victims.
Or she's just a fucking moron.