In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Ant

Re: In todays news...

Post by Ant »

Bigjawa wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:32 pm
gremlin wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:47 pm Are you the front man of a past-its-best 90's band? Not had any top-selling albums lately? In need of some publicity to promote the latest tour?

Fret not!! Let the Italian government help you out! Just throw out a random insult at the current PM and we'll provide all the publicity you'll ever need!

This ad has been brought to you by the Brother's of Italy political party.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66374034

Giorgia Meloni: Italian PM sues Placebo frontman for defamation

Brian Molko must be pissing himself laughing. All his birthdays and Christmases at once. :thumbup:

He's quite fond of the Fender Bass VI. Obviously a wrong 'un....😋😋😋

Back when he was on TOTP doing Nancy Boy, he bore a frightening resemblance to a girlfriend I had at school. Kinda ironic considering some of the posts on this thread....
Deffo a wrongun - Ibanez bass is where it's at.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

DefTrap wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:44 pm I used 'different' for simplicity of not writing 'self identifying trans/LGBTQ' a load of times - I hope that explains any miscommunication. I believe approximately 7% is an agreed figure for 'self identifying trans/LGBTQ'.

I still say the populations are relevant because it puts 'the problem of deviant infiltration' in context. If 7% of the population are 'self identifying trans/LGBTQ' then there must surely be a smaller proportion of 'deviant infiltrators'. Putting that in context against the likelihood of deviance amongst the much larger 'normal' population leaves me thinking that the impact of 'deviant infiltrators' within trans/LGBTQ communities is being exaggerated. It seems to be straightforward mathematics rather than somewhat guesswork.

So maybe we should be asking ourselves why is this impact being exaggerated?

If that is the case then you are not answering my question which was "which group is most likely to have the greater proportion of sexual deviants, weirdos or paedo's?" Instead you make the tacit assumption that the "differents" will inevitably contain all the weirdos/paedo's etc. because you immediately go on to suggest your reasons why that would be true.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
Ant

Post by Ant »

Actually, can I just say something, this LGBTQ thing, I know some gay people, they don't like the LGBTQ term, the gay people I know (about three people) want nothing to do with the trans movement, they say it has nothing to do with being gay or bi at all.
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Screwdriver wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:35 pm

If that is the case then you are not answering my question which was "which group is most likely to have the greater proportion of sexual deviants . . . ?

Catholic priests?
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

If you cannot see the problem perhaps you ARE the problem.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Yambo wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:58 pm

If that is the case then you are not answering my question which was "which group is most likely to have the greater proportion of sexual deviants . . . ?

Catholic priests?
I would like to think that is an historical truism which has been addressed, whereas this obsession with parading transgenderism or teaching homosexual acts to children is a more recent phenomena. I think teaching such intensely personal preferences is just plain wrong and we should stick to biology and factual, scientifically valid subjects.
Plato
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

If that is the case then you are not answering my question which was "which group is most likely to have the greater proportion of sexual deviants, weirdos or paedo's?"
I don't know. If you have some stats that might be useful, a bit. But I don't know, and I'm not guessing.
But like I explained, it would have to be a huge proportional difference to have an impact on actual numbers, so I'm not sure it matters

And I think you've misinterpreted what I said about the "differently" because what you said I said is almost exactly the opposite of what I intended.
Last edited by DefTrap on Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Ant wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:39 pm Actually, can I just say something, this LGBTQ thing, I know some gay people, they don't like the LGBTQ term, the gay people I know (about three people) want nothing to do with the trans movement, they say it has nothing to do with being gay or bi at all.
I feel the same about the Scottish.
Ant

Post by Ant »

DefTrap wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:25 pm
Ant wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:39 pm Actually, can I just say something, this LGBTQ thing, I know some gay people, they don't like the LGBTQ term, the gay people I know (about three people) want nothing to do with the trans movement, they say it has nothing to do with being gay or bi at all.
I feel the same about the Scottish.
:lol: norty norty!
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

DefTrap wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:23 pm
If that is the case then you are not answering my question which was "which group is most likely to have the greater proportion of sexual deviants, weirdos or paedo's?"
I don't know. If you have some stats that might be useful, a bit. But I don't know, and I'm not guessing.
But like I explained, it would have to be a huge proportional difference to have an impact on actual numbers, so I'm not sure it matters

And I think you've misinterpreted what I said about the "differently" because what you said I said is almost exactly the opposite of what I intended.
No and I don't know either. What I do know is there are very many examples where it has gone horribly wrong but clearly there is still no conclusive data when (as you suggest) sexual crime is also sadly prevalent within society at large. There never will be any data we could rely on either, I am 100% confident I could find totally opposing "factual" data if I thought it even worth looking.

So we are left with common sense and common sense tells me:

1. Children are at risk from sexual predators who will try anything
2. There is a current obsession among social media for glorifying minority sexual behaviour and an ever expanding list of gender types
3. Schools are proactively teaching children not the biology of sex but an obsession with again, the vocal minority of deviant practices
4. In addition"gender identity" is being promoted to children below the age of consent before they have any idea what their sexual orientation might be

I mean the list goes on. It is not that I am anti gay, despite coming from an age where such acts were literally illegal between consenting adults. It is of course a typical behaviour among people generally. I am not anti trans either. But I think it's funny and I will be happy to go to hell for saying so because I refuse to accept some bloke in a dress is really a woman just because he says so. I wouldn't go out of my way to insult them because clearly they are delusional and/or suffering from a mental illness.

We really need to draw the line somewhere when it comes to children because modern life is complicated enough without telling a five year old they can choose to be a boy or a girl. Oh and they better hurry up and decide because we'll have to chop a few bits off and pump them full of drugs before they reach puberty. But don't worry, there's a new business model designed to support them for the rest of their lives with ever more desperate surgical interventions and remedies for failed procedures. A lifelong drug treatment and of course mental health support because you're also going to need that until forever....
Plato
Horse

Post by Horse »

Cousin Jack wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:53 pm It is not that argument at all. It is a rational explanation of why some people who 'identify' as trans are not trans at all, they are just perverts.
If it's rational, then presumably you'll have some way of quantifying how often it's happened. Compared to examples of other perverts such as clergy, scouting, teachers, etc.

I honestly don't know figures for any of them, but they have certainly been in the news.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholi ... buse_cases

https://www.boltburdonkemp.co.uk/abuse- ... abuse-map/

https://www.google.com/search?q=teacher ... s-wiz-serp
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Let’s not fall into a trap of constructing arguments to protect predatory perverts, just to demonstrate how inclusive we are.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

I don't know either, but I am VERY wary of Scoutmasters. I have known 3, 2 were bent and preyed on boys. Catholic priests are well documented, but I have no stats.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Cousin Jack wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:19 pm I don't know either, but I am VERY wary of Scoutmasters. I have known 3, 2 were bent and preyed on boys. Catholic priests are well documented, but I have no stats.
Scoutmasters don't become perverts.
Perverts become scoutmasters

Priests don't become perverts.
Perverts become priests.
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Yorick wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:23 pm
Cousin Jack wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:19 pm I don't know either, but I am VERY wary of Scoutmasters. I have known 3, 2 were bent and preyed on boys. Catholic priests are well documented, but I have no stats.

Perverts become priests.
And these days, perverts have extra opportunities to become Brown Ale in the Girl Guides.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Yorick wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:23 pm l

Perverts become priests.
Exactly.
And trannies don't become perverts.
Perverts become trannies.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

This 'Body positivity' that Lizzo, et al purport to embrace and promote. Or not, depending on who you believe re the below:

BBC News - Lizzo accused of sexual harassment and fat-shaming Arianna Davis, Crystal Williams and Noelle Rodriguez
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66379169

Is it just just an excuse for embracing a really unhealthy lifestyle and being too lazy to change? I mean, I wouldn't walk down the street shouting at clubbers, but to choose it as a lifestyle choice is a bit, I dunno...fucking ignorant?
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Having been a mega chubby , and speaking for 1st hand experiences, being obese is not a healthy way of living and costs the NHS 35 billion a year.
Unlike being ginger, religion, race, height, nationality, being ginger, ugly or scouse, there is something you can do about it.

Lizzo is not a body shape that should be promoted as “normal”. And for her to humiliate others it seems a bit rich. However I have seen her defence is “ they are just bitter”.

Despite everyone not wanting to fat shame people , they think you are a slob ( been there).
There are very few people ( those on steroids, anti cancer treatments etc) that cannot actually do something about body mass.
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

As someone who has yo-yo'd in weight from a gym rat with a six pack to current fat old bastard, Lizzo isn't doing anyone any favours. I'm fat because I love kebabs and Guinness and Black Forest gateau, but I'm not pretending there's anything OK about it, far from it.

I wonder about Lizzo because she does a lot if dancing, if I did that much exercise, I'd be 12 stone. Either she's got medical issues or she's just a gannet.
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

gremlin wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:53 am
BBC News - Lizzo accused of sexual harassment and fat-shaming Arianna Davis, Crystal Williams and Noelle Rodriguez
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66379169

I had no idea what or who Lizzo was so I googled it.

It appears that Lizzo is a fat American singer and I got the immediate impression that she was an arrogant cow. She may be really nice of course, loves her dog etc but I doubt it.