Debanking

Current affairs, Politics, News.
DefTrap

Re: Debanking

Post by DefTrap »

Ant wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:48 pm So Potter want's to cancel women because he thinks they do not deserve any rights and wants to cancel threads too.

This is a side to him I thought I'd never see.
Yeah but it's not being cancelled, the same sentiments have been expressed in at least half a dozen threads on here so far - kill it and another will pop up. The essence of the debanking issue could be distilled into a few paragraphs.

In the old days OPs would know when a thread they had started had had its day and then they would just delete it themselves. This "nothing must be cancelled!" nonsense seems a bit precious.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Ant wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:48 pm So Potter want's to cancel women because he thinks they do not deserve any rights and wants to cancel threads too.

I thought he was advocating equal rights for all.
Ant

Post by Ant »

Mussels wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:49 pm

It's not equal when a man can win in his category and then win in the womens category, it's all for men.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Ant wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:58 pm

It's not equal when a man can win in his category and then win in the womens category, it's all for men.
One of the things highlighted by the trans arguments is that men's and women's categories in sport were a bit of a joke anyway.
Trans activists have run with that to an extreme with their word games but the original point was valid.
Ant

Post by Ant »

I don't think that's a valid reason to cancel women's rights. The activists have done so just to cause trouble and for no other reason.
Hot_Air

Post by Hot_Air »

Potter wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:34 pmNature didn't intend for … a woman to pretend she's equal to a man, it's all made up 'rights' based on the fashions of the day and I don't have much patience with any of it
In school, girls outperform boys academically. And women often outperform men in ultra-endurance sports. For example, we have the likes of Fiona Kolbinger in transcontinental cycling, and women do better than men in English Channel swimming (e.g. Alison Streeter, Chloë McCardel and Sarah Thomas).
Ant

Post by Ant »

Hot_Air wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:12 pm
Potter wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:34 pmNature didn't intend for … a woman to pretend she's equal to a man, it's all made up 'rights' based on the fashions of the day and I don't have much patience with any of it
In school, girls outperform boys academically. And women often outperform men in ultra-endurance sports. For example, we have the likes of Fiona Kolbinger in transcontinental cycling, and women do better than men in English Channel swimming (e.g. Alison Streeter, Chloë McCardel and Sarah Thomas).
:roll:
Hot_Air

Post by Hot_Air »

I thought I’d mentioned trans and got away with it :)
westers151

Post by westers151 »

Mussels wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:02 pm

One of the things highlighted by the trans arguments is that men's and women's categories in sport were a bit of a joke anyway.
Trans activists have run with that to an extreme with their word games but the original point was valid.
In what way are the categories a bit of a joke?
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

westers151 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:40 pm

I don't want to speak for trannies but I guess they thought that women's categories were given less attention, less credibility and less money. For a mediocre male competitor it's an ideal opportunity to show that you're way better than you really are.

Of course, the real culprits, the real c**ts in all of this are the people who decided that they should agree that a bloke with a mental problem should be allowed to compete in the women's classes. And of course, the legislators that decided that we have to pander to these sick wanker's fantasies - legally. There ya go, I'm a hate criminal. And proud of it. :thumbup:
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

westers151 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:40 pm

Because in rare cases there are genetic anomolies that give women clear male traits, so much that it can become difficult to clearly define which sex the person is. People like this would often be found in the top flight of women's sport and it's been argued this is unfair to normal women.
What commonly follows are discussions and arguments about what qualifies someone to compete as a woman, trans activists take it up a notch but they didn't start it.
So when winning female athletes are decided by the most recent definition of woman I think it calls the validity of a lot of women's sport into question.
irie

Post by irie »

Screwdriver wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:13 pm @Weeksy:

"You have 2 private messages currently on hold because of full folder.
Release all on-hold messages… they will be re-sorted into the appropriate folder if enough space is made available."

I am not in the right head space to be organising the remaining messages in my inbox.
That is your problem and only yours to deal with. End of.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

slowhare

Post by slowhare »

Screwdriver wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:35 am It is the thin end of the wedge.
You’re right, of course, especially in the light of more recent revelations. Quite why ppl attack the man & miss the subject matter is testament to human nature at its worst imo, but this happens everywhere, on every subject matter imaginable.
slowhare

Post by slowhare »

Yambo wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:30 pm I don't want to speak for trannies but I guess they thought that women's categories were given less attention, less credibility and less money. For a mediocre male competitor it's an ideal opportunity to show that you're way better than you really are.

Of course, the real culprits, the real c**ts in all of this are the people who decided that they should agree that a bloke with a mental problem should be allowed to compete in the women's classes. And of course, the legislators that decided that we have to pander to these sick wanker's fantasies - legally. There ya go, I'm a hate criminal. And proud of it. :thumbup:
LOL 🤣

Excellent!
slowhare

Post by slowhare »

Just breaking…

Klaus Schwab's WEF plan to implant CBDC's in your hand is coming to fruition. We’ll give you a universal basic income of 2,000 euros or 2,000 dollars a month if you allow us to put a microchip in your hand? That’s exactly what’s about to happen as part of the roll out of the central bank digital currencies. Klaus Scwab laid out this plan in 2016 and gets the go ahead to push it through in 2023.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Where is it breaking?
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

slowhare wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:23 pm Just breaking…

Klaus Schwab's WEF plan to implant CBDC's in your hand is coming to fruition. We’ll give you a universal basic income of 2,000 euros or 2,000 dollars a month if you allow us to put a microchip in your hand? That’s exactly what’s about to happen as part of the roll out of the central bank digital currencies. Klaus Scwab laid out this plan in 2016 and gets the go ahead to push it through in 2023.
FFS
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Ant

Post by Ant »

Oh he's got a sock on.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

DefTrap wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:27 pm Where is it breaking?
Button Moon
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!