When/Where/Pics was the last time you rode your bike ?

Anything you like about motorbikes
MrLongbeard

Re: When/Where/Pics was the last time you rode your bike ?

Post by MrLongbeard »

Popped up to north west Wales for 5 day

ImagePXL_20230724_151620729 by MrLongbeard, on Flickr
Skub

Post by Skub »

MrLongbeard wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:44 pm Popped up to north west Wales for 5 day

ImagePXL_20230724_151620729 by MrLongbeard, on Flickr
Best bike to the fore. 8-)
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Worst bike being used as sacrificial protecting the alpha bike.
Skub

Post by Skub »

A short trip out before the next deluge of rain. Worst July ever,certainly the worst this year. :wtf:

I needed my triple induction noise fix.

"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Messing about around Snowdonia.

Image2023-07-26_11-31-20 by MrLongbeard, on Flickr
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

ajlog

Post by ajlog »

It’s been a while since I last had a chance to get a few hours out in the dry.
Today there was an opportunity, the rain wasn’t due until early afternoon so off we went to The Old Depot in Weedon, Northants.
A quick coffee and off again to get back without getting wet.

Wrong bike wrong colour for this gang.

Dramatic skies dodging the showers heading home.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

ajlog wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:54 pm Wrong bike wrong colour for this gang.
Bet they were easy to spot off the bike, must have 6ft long arms judging from the bars :lol:
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Decided to take the gs out for a look around superbike factory Macclesfield. Mixed weather but who cares. 🤷‍♂️

They've got loads of bikes there and my intention was to sit on a bmw 1000xr, which I did. I'm about 5 9 and I wasn't quite getting enough foot down for my liking. Whilst I was sat on it, I tried 2, a bloke came over and said, he was up Scotland with 2 mates who both had them and both had gearbox trouble, so with that and the height, the end.

I only found 2 other bikes of mild interest in the whole shop, Enfield 500 x 3 and a rebel 1100 dct with a little seat on the back that my mrs could possibly get on, with her dodgy knees.

The Enfield i reckon would be a great little chugger for knocking about local ish, low seat and decent seating position. Same goes for the rebel.

I've recently developed the change bike itch again, nowt wrong with what I've got but my garage will only cater for 2 bikes and I fancy a little chugger.

From Mac, waze took me towards Buxton via Cand F then some strange route home, but I'm back now. A nice 120 miles had.

Not great pic's...

Yamaha rocket 3
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

If you like the 500 have a go before you buy, the performance can be a bit underwhelming.

If you're ever passing Barnsley you can have a go on mine.
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

Dodgy69 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:19 pm

I only found 2 other bikes of mild interest in the whole shop, Enfield 500 x 3 and a rebel 1100 dct with a little seat on the back that my mrs could possibly get on, with her dodgy knees.

The Enfield i reckon would be a great little chugger for knocking about local ish, low seat and decent seating position. Same goes for the rebel.
Last month I found a channel on YT 'Bullet wanderer',he uploaded a series going around France on his Bullet.It looked good just chugging around on his Enfield :thumbup:
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Time to fit shiny new rubber to the Ducati in time for the annual long ride to South Wales and back to meet up with the RTTL trackday posse

Couldn’t get the bastard wheel nut off (220nm torque) but thankfully popped down to local car tyres place who change over my tyres to loose wheels normally and they rattle gunned it off.

Note the lack of exhaust as I rode there with it removed as it needs to be off for the wheel to come out and pretty much zero change to the noise as the cat does all the silencing
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

KungFooBob wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:03 pm If you like the 500 have a go before you buy, the performance can be a bit underwhelming.

If you're ever passing Barnsley you can have a go on mine.

Not bothered about performance, I just fancy a chugger and I think the REs are the best in class regarding modern bikes.

I also sat on a Africa twin 1100 and there not as tall as I was expecting, but I just think big adventure bikes need to be shaft drive. 🤷🏻‍♂️

So many bike with so little difference, so for me, it's the oddballs that attract.
Yamaha rocket 3
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Bigyin wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:35 pm Time to fit shiny new rubber to the Ducati in time for the annual long ride to South Wales and back to meet up with the RTTL trackday posse

Couldn’t get the bastard wheel nut off (220nm torque) but thankfully popped down to local car tyres place who change over my tyres to loose wheels normally and they rattle gunned it off.

Note the lack of exhaust as I rode there with it removed as it needs to be off for the wheel to come out and pretty much zero change to the noise as the cat does all the silencing
I've still got last year's rubber on, bike's done pretty much F...all this year. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Mines a 2014 500 EFI Bullet, there's two 500 models, the Bullet (B5) and the Classic (C5). There's a lot more EFI Classics than Bullets, the Bullet was cheaper to buy originally and has a square rear mudguard, the classic usually has more chrome and rounded rear guard, often a single seat with a pillion pad, rather than the stepped dual seat of the B5.

My wife loves the Enfield, she'll never let me sell it, it's perfect for plodding the back lanes or going for a shandy in the peaks on a sunny Sunday afternoon.

Have a look at the Hitchcocks webshite for info and the idea of the bolt on tat available...

https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/

The 650 Twins are great, capable bikes, as good as anything the Nips knock out, but the 500 single has loads more character, imho
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Not keen on the 650s. Think there better off making oddball bikes. 🙂
Yamaha rocket 3
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Dodgy69 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:08 pm Not keen on the 650s. Think there better off making oddball bikes. 🙂
I went on holiday to Goa. They're not odd ball, they're the norm.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Oddball country India. 😉 Don't know sale's figures, but they don't want to get mixing with the big boys. Stay on the edge, iyswim. Just my opinion based on nowt in particular. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Dodgy69 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:19 pm
They've got loads of bikes there and my intention was to sit on a bmw 1000xr, which I did. I'm about 5 9 and I wasn't quite getting enough foot down for my liking. Whilst I was sat on it, I tried 2, a bloke came over and said, he was up Scotland with 2 mates who both had them and both had gearbox trouble, so with that and the height, the end.
Just had a closer look at the local one. The seat height didn't look higher than a GS, lower if anything. Don't know what the adjustability is or if lower seats are available. The owner happened to come back while I was eyeballing the bike and I'd guess he was about 5' 8".

I think I'd dig a bit deeper on the gearbox issues than ' a bloke in a dealers said' though. :D
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Bigyin wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:35 pm Time to fit shiny new rubber to the Ducati in time for the annual long ride to South Wales and back to meet up with the RTTL trackday posse

Same on my BM, does anyone ride the Multi without an end-can? Or does it muck up the fuelling? (The BMW adapts)
non quod, sed quomodo