Debanking

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Mr. Dazzle

Re: Debanking

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

PMSL at the concept that minimum wage shop jockeys actually GAS about what you want or what they're selling. It's just ASDA for paint.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:16 pm PMSL at the concept that minimum wage shop jockeys actually GAS about what you want or what they're selling. It's just ASDA for paint.
As a yoof I was employed by Victoria Wine (worserer than mimimum wage as under 18) - the number of people that would come in and ask the spotty shelfstacker to recommend them a nice Bordeaux and Champagne for their fancy dinner party ....
Potter

Post by Potter »

I go to Wickes quite a lot and I haven't had any metrosexual challenges with rainbow haired lesbians.
I reckon you probably have to work hard to get into an unpleasant situation in Wickes, the staff are low-tier people, you obviously know that, it's like arguing Nietzsche with the sandwich shop lady and getting the hump when she won't match your enthusiasm.
Ant

Post by Ant »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:16 pm PMSL at the concept that minimum wage shop jockeys actually GAS about what you want or what they're selling. It's just ASDA for paint.
They don't even sell the paint I use, that's how unwoke they are.
Ant

Post by Ant »

Potter wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:26 pm I go to Wickes quite a lot and I haven't had any metrosexual challenges with rainbow haired lesbians.
I reckon you probably have to work hard to get into an unpleasant situation in Wickes, the staff are low-tier people, you obviously know that, it's like arguing Nietzsche with the sandwich shop lady and getting the hump when she won't match your enthusiasm.
It's not that, it's that if you don't buy into identity politics which is eroding womens rights, then you're a bigot who isn't welcome in their store - according to their top manager. This kind of misogynistic attack on women is not right at all.
Timmy

Post by Timmy »

Sorry to hear if your health issues. You do however have choices in other aspects of your life. You can either argue about everything with anyone who disagrees or not, agree to disagree and move on. If not, and I'm guilty of this myself to a degree, you'll just end up in a spiral of whinging, moaning and bitching about allsorts and none of it is that important. Some 'erbert with a twig and berries want to be called 'her', I'm not doing that, move on. As said "where are the rawl plugs flower?" or go elsewhere.

Someone winds you up on here, turn it off.

Now, where's that dog gone now?
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Ant wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:28 pm
It's not that, it's that if you don't buy into identity politics which is eroding womens rights, then you're a bigot who isn't welcome in their store - according to their top manager. This kind of misogynistic attack on women is not right at all.
And I think you're an idiot, a vocal idiot, but I respect your right to show yourself up, and it wouldn't stop me buying paint from you.
Last edited by DefTrap on Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Screwdriver wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:08 am
weeksy wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:37 am
Screwdriver wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:35 am Yep. among other stuff we discussed by PM I cannot share in public.
Crack on fella.... If it makes you happier i'll share my last PM to you or any other PM to you on here... I've got nothing to hide.

Feel free to post anything i've ever written in PM to you, you have my full permission.
You have deleted all my PM's.

I guess you don't realise that but arbitrarily removing me from full subscription means all my send mail is deleted.

Like I said in my last PM, much simpler if you reinstate the subscription level I paid you for. It wasn't a loan. B it is of course probably too late. By messing around with my status, one of the little deaths is the loss of my ability to send a PM.

You told me to report any instances of harassment if they start to get out of hand. I report them and you ignore them. You just let a prick like Yorick get away with whatever he wants and ultimately, when I object, you kill my threads.

There are also my friends on here. You don't own them, you don't own me. Naturally, you can control whatever is posted here. An interesting microcosm for the current problems social media is experiencing globally> I don't like what you say, I don't like the way you say it, therefore I am going to shut you up.
I never deleted any of your pm, it's not possible within the software
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

weeksy wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:31 pm I never deleted any of your pm, it's not possible within the software
You have removed my access to them. If you reinstate my paid up membership, they might reappear. You're the IT guru, you tell me.

Currently, for me at least, they are "deleted".

Anyhow. I'm logging out and going for a long walk (not off a short pier).
Ant

Post by Ant »

DefTrap wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:30 pm
And I think you're an idiot, a vocal idiot, but I respect your right to show yourself up, and it wouldn't stop me buying paint from you.
I use special paint, they don't sell it - their paint is too mainstream for me.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Potter wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:26 pm I go to Wickes quite a lot and I haven't had any metrosexual challenges with rainbow haired lesbians.
Women's rights are an entirely made up concept, women have got as much right to "rights" as a bloke in a dress has to call himself a woman. Let's have it fair for everyone or just leave it to what nature intended.

If women want to stick to what nature intended then lets do away with made up "rights" and see how it ends up.
You shouldn't invent rights for one set of people and deny rights to others, we're either all equal or none of us are equal.
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Potter wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:26 pm
I reckon you probably have to work hard to get into an unpleasant situation in Wickes, the staff are low-tier people . . .
My wife was a deputy manager at Wickes for a few years. ;)

I'm biased of course but I doubt you'll find anyone who would call my wife 'low tier'. After getting sacked from Wickes she immediately got another job as a deputy manager and a couple of years later got a retail managers job in Bamber Bridge.

While she was dep manager at Wickes the store got a new manager, a Pakistani Muslim who thought that women shouldn't even be working there let alone be a manager. It all ended rather nastily when senior management decided that Muslims were incapable of lying, making up unfounded allegations, damaging cars and displaying bias towards other Muslim members of staff (they would want to take holidays around Eid for example which was OK so long as the non Muslim members could have Christmas and Easter holidays. But no, they wanted that time off as well and my wife was overridden.)

When my wife died the IR advised me that there was a Travis Perkins pension for me, Wickes was owned by TP. I still get paid by them every month, enough for my groceries. :P
Potter

Post by Potter »

Yambo wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:55 pm

While she was dep manager at Wickes the store got a new manager, a Pakistani Muslim who thought that women shouldn't even be working there let alone be a manager. It all ended rather nastily when senior management decided that Muslims were incapable of lying, making up unfounded allegations, damaging cars and displaying bias towards other Muslim members of staff (they would want to take holidays around Eid for example which was OK so long as the non Muslim members could have Christmas and Easter holidays. But no, they wanted that time off as well and my wife was overridden.)
That's what happens when you make up rights for some people but not for others, like I said we're either all equal or we aren't, but if we're just making up rights then you're always going to get people who want to be more right than others. The Pakistani bloke thought he was more right than women, some women (and Ant) think that they're more right than trans people.
Potter

Post by Potter »

I think the mods have been reasonable, but maybe it's time this thread disappeared as well?
Ant

Post by Ant »

Potter wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:42 pm
Women's rights are an entirely made up concept, women have got as much right to "rights" as a bloke in a dress has to call himself a woman. Let's have it fair for everyone or just leave it to what nature intended.

If women want to stick to what nature intended then lets do away with made up "rights" and see how it ends up.
You shouldn't invent rights for one set of people and deny rights to others, we're either all equal or none of us are equal.
A man can turn up, remove a woman from her own area and sports category and take over, by just lying about their identity and gender.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Screwdriver wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:34 pm
weeksy wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:31 pm I never deleted any of your pm, it's not possible within the software
You have removed my access to them. If you reinstate my paid up membership, they might reappear. You're the IT guru, you tell me.

Currently, for me at least, they are "deleted".

Anyhow. I'm logging out and going for a long walk (not off a short pier).
Ok so let's just establish, I've not deleted them then.

Let's remember, you as you alias made my life and admin on here a misery for a year, driving away posters, causing arguments and thread reports day in day out.
Now you're posting the same as then, causing arguments, driving away members and poster, and you want me to make your life easier? Lol. Really?

This is my last post until late Sunday. Enjoy
Potter

Post by Potter »

Ant wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:29 pm
A man can turn up, remove a woman from her own area and sports category and take over, by just lying about their identity and gender.

Women's 'rights' are a made up fantasy, so a man in a frock fantasising that he's really a woman is no different.

Nature didn't intend for a man to pretend that he's a woman, or a woman to pretend she's equal to a man, it's all made up 'rights' based on the fashions of the day and I don't have much patience with any of it, but if I have to pretend and give women 'rights' then they can pretend and give trans people 'rights'.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Potter wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:27 pm I think the mods have been reasonable, but maybe it's time this thread disappeared as well?
Dethreading the debanking thread? :think:

Not disagreeing with your suggestion for this thread. The vitriol has gotten a bit too much.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Ant

Post by Ant »

So Potter want's to cancel women because he thinks they do not deserve any rights and wants to cancel threads too.

This is a side to him I thought I'd never see.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

gremlin wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:38 pm
Potter wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:27 pm I think the mods have been reasonable, but maybe it's time this thread disappeared as well?
Dethreading the debanking thread? :think:

Not disagreeing with your suggestion for this thread. The vitriol has gotten a bit too much.
Not planning on deleting the whole thread, there's some reasonable stuff on the whole withdrawal of banking services buried in it. Some of the gender politics stuff might go somewhere more appropriate, probably the bin. Might lock it later and tidy it up - so anyone thinking of adding more guff might save themselves some keyboard time. :thumbup:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire