What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Mr. Dazzle

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Potter wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:06 pm
gremlin wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:16 pm Found this in a cupboard at work. My old iPod Nano (?). Well, Mrs. G's that I nicked for the gym....

Had a quick look on eBay. They seem to go for a fair bit, surprisingly.
I've got a few in a drawer, the very first iPod nano without a screen, then the one with the screen and various other old iPods from the late 2000's.
I've got an original Mk1, scrolly wheel actually scrolls, only accepts fire wire, 5GB iPod. The very first one, and the lowest spec one at that.

My mate got it for me cheap when I was at Uni, he did a summer internship with Apple UK and it was part of their old demo stock sold off cheap. So not only it is Gen 1 iPod, it's an ex Apple Gen 1 iPod. Still in the original box with iTunes CD and everyfink.

It's worth fuck all :D
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

One of eBay now for £325. Better in your pocket than gathering dust in a drawer.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Potter wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:05 pm

I made a carb tickler for my Amal.
Was it as flashy as these bent wire and biro springs masterpieces that I once put on a pair of Amal Mark 1½ carbs?

ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Noticed I'm getting VERY forgetful the last 2 or 3 months. (meds suspected) At the weekend I forgot what I was talking about 3 times in as many minutes.
Had to drop by the Dr's office yesterday to pick up the stab lab results.
Made an appointment to see my Dr about the memory thing.
Headed off to the Dr's this morning & just before I got there I realized that today is Wednesday & the appointment I made just yesterday... is for Thursday.

Hmmm... bugger.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

ZRX61 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:33 pm Noticed I'm getting VERY forgetful the last 2 or 3 months. (meds suspected) At the weekend I forgot what I was talking about 3 times in as many minutes.
Headed off to the Dr's this morning & just before I got there I realized that today is Wednesday & the appointment I made just yesterday... is for Thursday.

Hmmm... bugger.
Yeah. I'm noticing little changes, but nowt to worry about.

But on the trackday Sunday, my brain was absolutely 100%. If it hadn't been, I'd have stopped.
Adrenaline is an amazing drug.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Yorick wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:07 pm
ZRX61 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:33 pm Noticed I'm getting VERY forgetful the last 2 or 3 months. (meds suspected) At the weekend I forgot what I was talking about 3 times in as many minutes.

Hmmm... bugger.

But on the trackday Sunday, my brain was absolutely 100%. If it hadn't been, I'd have stopped.
It's also 100% focus. If you wandered around the track without concentrating, you'd be a liability and forgetful.

If you did everything with 100% focus, you'd be less forgetful. But, that's almost impossible! I've tried - cos I forget words, names, what I'm doing as well!! Yesterday I was trying to tell the new physio something and couldn't remember the word - in French or English. As it is Meditation is the same in both - still couldn't remember it!! Or explain it well enough to get her to know what I was trying to say!! :( :( :oops: :oops:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Had a chat with our facilities manager at work. He informed me that a couple of the new silicon toilet brushes that have been put in the cubicles have been going missing.

Used toilet brushes.

I have no words.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

gremlin wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:38 am Had a chat with our facilities manager at work. He informed me that a couple of the new silicon toilet brushes that have been put in the cubicles have been going missing.

Used toilet brushes.

I have no words.
I saw an obviously used one at a car boot. Why?! New ones are like 2 quid in IKEA.
I did consider asking a price and haggling just for the bants.
Silly Car

Post by Silly Car »

gremlin wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:38 am Had a chat with our facilities manager at work. He informed me that a couple of the new silicon toilet brushes that have been put in the cubicles have been going missing.

Used toilet brushes.

I have no words.
Certainly explains how potter bust his ring…
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

Yesterday I shot up on the bike to see my Father in hospital, Guildford to Leicestershire - M25/M40 etc. dull as ditchwater. Stopped the night with my Mum and this morning decided to come back without using a single motorway. Fosse Way down to Banbury, cheeky blat down the A4260 to Oxford, then down to the H cafe for lunch, over the Ridgeway and down into Reading, and then across to Odiham and some back roads home. Just shy of 150 miles wringing the neck on the MT09, fucking loved it.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Saw the Dr this morning, nurse asked me 16 questions to check my memory, failed 3 of those.
Dr start talking about age, dementia & alzheimers...
Double bugger.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

ZRX61 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:48 pm

Saw the Dr this morning, nurse asked me 16 questions to check my memory, failed 3 of those.
Dr start talking about age, dementia & alzheimers...
Double bugger.
I took my step mother for her dementia test. I failed more than she did! :?
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Went to the valley for a coffee and a sit by a lake :D

View up in resort - bloody lovely day :D

Triumph belonging to someone at the cafe -

Pretties -

Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Plan d'Eau -

Duck were totally blasé! Greedy little sods! I had a late lunch to avoid their scavenging!! :lol:

The view from my 'sunbathing' spot :D

Views of the river Isere as I walked back to the bus stop

gremlin

Post by gremlin »

I, on the other hand, had the delightful view of traffic on the M25 and M11 as took my sister in law and father in law to Stansted.

4 hours of driving pleasure. :roll:
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

I got all grown up today and went shopping in a place where tailoring is included in the price. I don't know if I overestimated the prices or the assistant underestimated me (not difficult) but I was pleasantly surprised even though it makes M&S look cheap.
I now have a navy blazer winging my way as that seems to be the staple for middle age gentlemen, I've also read deck shoes are recommended but I'm not so sure about that.
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Mussels wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:46 pm I've also read deck shoes are recommended but I'm not so sure about that.
Only if you got the red trousers to go with the blazer. Potter is your man for advice on this sort of attire.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Battled the bastard overlocker and have now given up - it's going under the bed until such time that I can pay for a pro service!!!

Did some more sorting - WTF do you do with too many random cables??! :o :o

Met a friend for a chat and a cuppa

Listened to a band set up in the place outside my window (kind of village green area, but not green! Not the bar!)

They started about 50 minutes ago and lucky they are pretty damn good! Probably should have got off the sofa thing and gone down to boogy, but, actually I've really enjoyed just listening from up here :D Mostly rock n roll/soft rock with some half decent french songs thrown in. And the singers pronunciation ain't bad! Hasn't massacred anything I really like so far!! :D :D
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Questioned my sanity... Was out in the garage pre-flighting the bike for tomorrow. It was 113deg today up here in the Desert :wtf: tomorrow is supposed to be around 108 8-) . Down the hill the forecast for Sunday is *only* 94deg. :thumbup:

... and I'm riding the leg roaster ZX11 :roll: at least it will run marginally cooler with a tank full of blue juice (& smell nice doing it) :)

May detour down to Malibu for some chilly 70's.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Just went back out to the (insulated) garage at 7.45pm to lube the chain & it's still 96deg out there.