What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
ZRX61

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by ZRX61 »

Watched the webcast of my stepdads service from the crematorium. Could barely understand a fucking word said. Sound quality was abysmal.
Potter

Post by Potter »

We went out for the day and had a wander around a city centre.
We split up for half an hour to look at various things and when we met back up Mrs Potter told me that she'd nipped into Ann Summers and bought me a vibrating cock ring.

When we got home she was keen to try it out, but I can say, in all sincerity, that it's not worth a wank.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Bought a couple of tickets for tonight's $675M (so far) lottery. There was no winner for Saturdays $590M jackpot (which ended up being $629M) so that jumped to $650M for today, but has since jumped up by another $25M.... & probably more by 8pm tonight.

I could put new chain & sprockets on the ZX11... & employ a full-time pasty & snorker roll chef :)

Adjusted the clock on the ZX11, it gains minutes.
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Six stitches in my leg.

The old mans greenhouse has taken a bit of a battering in recent years with some panes of glass broken. He's been picking up the broken glass and leaving it in flower pots on the floor. I went in to get something and didn't spot the glass booby trap. I taped some kitchen roll to my leg and drove to hospital.

gremlin

Post by gremlin »

That story needs some serious enhancement for scar bragging rights....

"I saw three huge geezers robbing my dad's prize cucumbers from his greenhouse, so I grabbed my wicker vegetable basket and went steaming in..."

There you go, given you a plausible start, you can do the rest. :D
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Went to hospital?? Gand in your man csrd.

If you had bandaged it with kitchen paper and gaffer tape and then stapled it together yourself at home it would have been fine. Dip it in cement if it doesnt stop bleeding
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
cheb

Post by cheb »

cheb wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:09 pm Trapped the semi stray cat that been hanging about ready for it's trip to the vet tomorrow. He's booked in for a check up and neutering.

He's still wary of us, always keeps about 2m away, but was unbothered by half a dozen of us that close. Normally it's just him and me.

If all goes to plan I might have another garden cat tomorrow.
Taken the cat to the vets. No, not a day late, I was told the wrong day and date by my wife. This has been documented and saved as an email exchange.

And found a generator and two trolley jacks in a skip. I don't know if they work but I'll find out later.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

cheb wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:09 pm Trapped the semi stray cat that been hanging about ready for it's trip to the vet tomorrow. He's booked in for a check up and neutering.

He's still wary of us, always keeps about 2m away, but was unbothered by half a dozen of us that close. Normally it's just him and me.

If I thought you were about to take me to get my knackers cut off I'd be keeping my distance too....
cheb

Post by cheb »

gremlin wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:10 am

If I thought you were about to take me to get my knackers cut off I'd be keeping my distance too....
It was surprisingly quiet and docile when being transported. I did check to see it was still alive before setting off.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Potter wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:44 pm We went out for the day and had a wander around a city centre.
We split up for half an hour to look at various things and when we met back up Mrs Potter told me that she'd nipped into Ann Summers and bought me a vibrating cock ring.

When we got home she was keen to try it out, but I can say, in all sincerity, that it's not worth a wank.

You have got to keep still....in but still. 🙂
Yamaha rocket 3
cheb

Post by cheb »

cheb wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:13 am
gremlin wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:10 am

It was surprisingly quiet and docile when being transported. I did check to see it was still alive before setting off.

And it's now back. It ate a bit, drank a bit and trotted off looking none the worse for it's ordeal. It does have FIV though so possibly won't live that long. Bit of a shame but meh, it's a stray cat and there's plenty more of those.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

It was sodding hot today!! 30 degrees I'm told! Way too hot for up here!! LOL

But, good day in general, except two guys rented the electric scooters to be return at 5.30. They came back at 5, so I said "you can stay out for another 30 mins if you like". So off they went except one of the two was riding it like a total eejit - seriously fast through pedestrians, skid to a stop to turn and head back up on a gravel path. Except that he misjudged the turn onto it and ended up putting the scooter into a big stone ditch and going over the handlebars!! Luckily he didn't break anything (on the scooter either) but, being a big chap, one end of the handle bars seemed to have hit the top of his inner thigh, so the pompiers were called and they took him to hospital. Stupid sod - fucking lucky as where the (very deep) injury is, he could have bled out before they arrived if the bar had hit the artery :o :o :o

Yes, the scooter does have bar end protectors, but like I said, he was a heavy chap!!

Two classes arrived back, one just before the crash and one just after so I was a bit torn as to where I should be! Luckily, the instructor for the first group came down and I got him to talk to the two guys and the pompiers - the two guys have a very odd accent that I was struggling with!! Melvyn was a star and stayed with the guys to wait for the pompiers and I dealt with the kids; my boss got back with the next class and dealt with the scooter and checked for damage (amazingly, there wasn't much!!).

What was sweet was the instructor came up to me afterwards and asked me if I was ok. When he realised I'd seen the guy crash, he asked if I was shocked! :) Really sweet :) I replied with, I'm a biker - I've stopped to help for worse accidents :D :D But he was really sweet to ask :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Potter

Post by Potter »

Running, gardening, nipped to get some wood, did a bit more work on the lathe - I'm making a silencer for one of the rifles.
Might go out in the Caterham tomorrow.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Came through the tunnel I got nicked in the other day. Just past that, Plod often sit with their speed gun catching people going over 20mph! I couldn't see them as I pootled along at 20 and gradually started to creep up in speed. Then I realised they were standing there with their speed gun and it was the same unmakred XC90 with the same Cop who nicked me! :shock: I shut the throttle off and saw 24 mph on the speedo. He must have had it on me as I was doing 20 and moved onto aiming it at others. Phew! :D

Right, I'm off to buy a competition ticket... :thumbup:
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Actually used my bike for something other than popping in to town for a haircut!
Step-son (he who crashed my car on first day of passing his test!) asked to use the car today, so I used the bike for the railway station commute :thumbup:
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Potter wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:39 pm Running, gardening, nipped to get some wood, did a bit more work on the lathe - I'm making a silencer for one of the rifles.
I don’t think I’m at the level of making worthwhile illicit weaponry, but here’s a rough and ready carburettor drain plug. I only made it because Amal have “upgraded” the replacement part from plastic to plated brass and multiplied the price.

gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Found this in a cupboard at work. My old iPod Nano (?). Well, Mrs. G's that I nicked for the gym....
IMG-20230712-WA0002_copy_864x1536.jpg
IMG-20230712-WA0002_copy_864x1536.jpg (219.43 KiB) Viewed 287 times
Had a quick look on eBay. They seem to go for a fair bit, surprisingly.
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

gremlin wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:16 pm Found this in a cupboard at work. My old iPod Nano (?). Well, Mrs. G's that I nicked for the gym....

IMG-20230712-WA0002_copy_864x1536.jpg

Excellent, I've got a new and unused one sat in a drawer! eBay it is then.....
Potter

Post by Potter »

JackyJoll wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm
Potter wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:39 pm Running, gardening, nipped to get some wood, did a bit more work on the lathe - I'm making a silencer for one of the rifles.
I don’t think I’m at the level of making worthwhile illicit weaponry, but here’s a rough and ready carburettor drain plug. I only made it because Amal have “upgraded” the replacement part from plastic to plated brass and multiplied the price.

I made a carb tickler for my Amal.
Potter

Post by Potter »

gremlin wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:16 pm Found this in a cupboard at work. My old iPod Nano (?). Well, Mrs. G's that I nicked for the gym....

I've got a few in a drawer, the very first iPod nano without a screen, then the one with the screen and various other old iPods from the late 2000's.