New V4 170bhp Multistrada coming soon

Anything you like about motorbikes
Tricky

Re: New V4 170bhp Multistrada coming soon

Post by Tricky »

G.P wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:15 pm My 1200 Monster has a slightly lower tuned motor (135bhp). I've got a set of panniers for it and a screen on the front in a sort of poor man's (or short man's) version of a Multi. Having discovered the low seat makes the Multi an option, its now on the list as it negates the need for the Triumph triple which the Monster share the garage with...
Next time I'm over your/Weeksy's way, I'll bring my Multi, and you can have a proper try-out if you want
G.P

Post by G.P »

Tricky wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:19 pm
Next time I'm over your/Weeksy's way, I'll bring my Multi, and you can have a proper try-out if you want
Cheers, Is yours the electronic suspension version or the 'normal' one? We should deffo meet up before the year is out though :thumbup:
mboy

Post by mboy »

weeksy wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:37 pm Wow, congratulations!!! Epic stuff
For a £250 refundable deposit, I figured it was a risk I was willing to take... :lol:

Joking aside, I loved the 1260S I demoed last year, but it was a £19k bike, and though said dealer was prepared to do me £2k off at the time, I just couldn't justify the price. Found a KTM dealer willing to sell me an older model 1290 SDGT brand new and unregistered for £6k off, and though the Ducati is the better allrounder, the KTM is arguably more fun anyway. So that's what I bought. Could probably trade my KTM in now for only about £500 less than I paid for it 8 months ago ironically, but there we go!

A new bike, V4 motor and all though... Potential big step up. Dealer was quick to reinforce the fact they would be getting a demonstrator before any customer bikes were delivered, so everyone who has pre-ordered will be given the opportunity to test ride to see if they wish to go ahead with the purchase or not. From what I'm told, demand is likely to significantly outstrip supply on this bike as it is, there's a dozen or so in the queue before me already at said dealership alone!
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

G.P wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:09 pm
Cheers, Is yours the electronic suspension version or the 'normal' one? We should deffo meet up before the year is out though :thumbup:
It's the 1200S, with electronically adjustable Ohlins
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Tricky wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:24 am
G.P wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:09 pm
It's the 1200S, with electronically adjustable Ohlins
Sat 24th then fellas. I'll even break out the XSR, well if it's dry!
Potter

Post by Potter »

mboy wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:58 am From what I'm told, demand is likely to significantly outstrip supply on this bike as it is, there's a dozen or so in the queue before me already at said dealership alone!
My mate runs a Ducati shop and he said the same.
He's has Panigales sat available in the showroom, but he's got multi's sold before they're built and he can't get enough V4 Streetfighters, he's selling them before they're even arrived and there is a pretty big waiting list.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I've just read that the V4 Grantourismo engine they're putting in the V4 Multi won't have desmodronic valves!

However, because it's got normal valves the service intervals for the valve train will be nearly 40,000 miles!
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Harry wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:02 am
mboy wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:58 am From what I'm told, demand is likely to significantly outstrip supply on this bike as it is, there's a dozen or so in the queue before me already at said dealership alone!
My mate runs a Ducati shop and he said the same.
He's has Panigales sat available in the showroom, but he's got multi's sold before they're built and he can't get enough V4 Streetfighters, he's selling them before they're even arrived and there is a pretty big waiting list.
The local Ducati dealership here is the same. Every time Ducati release a new Multi model they end up with a shit load of trade ins from the previous incarnation that they have to offload onto other smaller dealers all over the country as they cant sell them all and dont have enough room to store that many. I imagine the V4 will attract massive sales
KungFooBob wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:36 am I've just read that the V4 Grantourismo engine they're putting in the V4 Multi won't have desmodronic valves!

However, because it's got normal valves the service intervals for the valve train will be nearly 40,000 miles!
That could also account for the huge interest in the V4 as the 18000 mile major service and belt change done by Ducati is around a 4 figure bill so thats a potential saving of 2 grand on running costs for those who actually ride the bikes and accumulate mileage :o
Luddite

Post by Luddite »

Official video just out...