What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Pirahna

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Pirahna »

weeksy wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:19 pmWhat is it?
A 2 stroke. 😁

I hope it's better than my brief ownership of a 2 stroke off roader. A complete lack of any talent and ability saw it very quickly swapped back for a 4 stroke.

Mine was a KTM 200 exc.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Went to Walmart to get oil for the ST...
Discovered the oil is now sectioned off behind a steel fence.

Was going to buy some food there too.. but I refuse to be treated like a fucking criminal so went elsewhere for the oil & the food.

EVERY fucking time we go there, there are more items either in cages or behind glass etc. Every fucking time you want something from the cages, you have to wait 20-30 minutes for someone to show up with a key...assuming someone actually shows up.. & I don't play that game, so fuck em.

So Advanced Auto for oil & an ST air filter (already have the ST oil filters), Then Staters for vittles & the smoke shop to cash in $9 winning lottery ticket & drop $10 on 2 Mega, 2 Power & 2 Super, got tickets, handed over $1 difference & came home.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Got up at 6.30, went to make a brew. Find half the house including the kitchen has no power. :(

Investigate consumer unit in the garage and find half the board has tripped. Set all the switches to O on that half and put the main circuit breaker on that half back on, then switch the individual ones back on. Deep joy. They all stay on. Check freezer temperature, make tea, go back to bed. :D

Wondering if the CH boiler kicked in at 6am and tripped it.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Count Steer wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:59 am Got up at 6.30, went to make a brew. Find half the house including the kitchen has no power. :(

Investigate consumer unit in the garage and find half the board has tripped. Set all the switches to O on that half and put the main circuit breaker on that half back on, then switch the individual ones back on. Deep joy. They all stay on. Check freezer temperature, make tea, go back to bed. :D

Had that a couple of months ago - boiler was urinating on the pump below. New boiler time, ouch! :thumbdown:
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

v8-powered wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:16 am
Count Steer wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:59 am Got up at 6.30, went to make a brew. Find half the house including the kitchen has no power. :(

Had that a couple of months ago - boiler was urinating on the pump below. New boiler time, ouch! :thumbdown:
The boiler's a couple of years old. Just fired it up a couple of times and no problems. :thumbup: Last time this happened was during a humongous rainstorm with howling wind when the rain backed up in a gully that needed clearing and dripped on a light fitting connection in the loft :( No rain this morning but we had a 2 minute deluge of rain an hail yesterday afternoon, but the gullies are clean now. Could be mice I suppose, or just a spike in supply. Will see what happens today/tomorrow.

You're supposed to flip the trip switches ever now and again anyway...but pref not at 6.30 am. :D
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Been over to Fuertaventura.

35€ ferry return. 30 minutes.
200 miles fuel.

Best roads I've ever seen . It's like being dumped in your favourite part of the Alps.

Then home for tea.

Cheap at half the price :)
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Tinkered in the garage, then after I got done with the tinkering I did some pottering.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

ZRX61 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:57 am Tinkered in the garage, then after I got done with the tinkering I did some Pottering.
Did you need the Bumming hat?
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Took Pen's 125 for the ITV (MOT)

After wrestling 200 gee gees yesterday, it's 7.5 ponies were a slightly lesser challenge ;)

Eventually :obscene-birdiedoublered:
David

Post by David »

Yorick wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:10 am Took Pen's 125 for the ITV (MOT)

After wrestling 200 gee gees yesterday, it's 7.5 ponies were a slightly lesser challenge ;)

7.5!!!!
My LE has got 8!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

There’s a free bus to the valley and back in the summer this year :banana-dance:

So this morning I got the first bus down to the village right at the bottom of the mountain to meet a fellow spazzed shoulder person for coffee and chat!

On the way I chatted with the driver which was really cool. Partly because I could but also because, as a ridiculously shy person, I say hi and how are you to loads of people in resort but never stop to chat. Despite the shy, I am sociable so I sat at the front of the bus and chatted. He did comment that we always say hi but not chat!! Kinda cool. Made a new friend :D

Left the cafe I’d met my mate in to walk to the next town to get a lift to Bourg to meet some more friends. Damn this hitchhiking lark is way simpler in the winter!! But got here in the end. Went for a walk with a mate and now chilling before heading to another friends for food

It’s cool having days off together so that I can actually come down and be sociable :bblonde:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

David wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:41 pm

7.5!!!!
My LE has got 8!
Poser :obscene-birdiedoublered:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Yorick wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:11 am Did you need the Bumming hat?
I thought you got to keep it after being awarded the hat 3 times.. yanno, like the Schneider Trophy?
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Walked dog for a couple of miles, fixed a printer issue, ordered two 1TB SSD drives to sort a laptop and my personal PC. Will convert the old drives into external drives in a caddy for backups.

Going to work on a system next week for a friend and clone it for him.

Off to a meeting a short while, vicar is going on extended leave for late August and all Sept, so working out what needs doing and informing the church wardens. Then another 2-3 mile walk with the dog this afternoon and a chilled evening with the wife.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

I've just spent an hour sorting and organising bearings for MTBs.

I bought 50 little clear bags, put each type of bearing into a bag and a numbered/lettered label on it.

I think i've probably got ITRO £500 of bearings in the box lol.
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

the_priest wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:13 pm Walked dog for a couple of miles, fixed a printer issue, ordered two 1TB SSD drives to sort a laptop and my personal PC. Will convert the old drives into external drives in a caddy for backups.

Going to work on a system next week for a friend and clone it for him.

Off to a meeting a short while, vicar is going on extended leave for late August and all Sept, so working out what needs doing and informing the church wardens. Then another 2-3 mile walk with the dog this afternoon and a chilled evening with the wife.
I forgot, I am taking a Holy Communion service this evening, then a chilled evening with Sangria with the wife! Slight delay on the chilling!
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

This morning I borrowed a mates car and drove to Grenoble for the final check up with the knee surgeon. He's very happy and so that means so am I!! :bblonde: Got a prescription for physio from him as I have a couple of issues with the glute on the broken side and the foot on the good side - probably due to compensating whilst walking. Hopefully she can help me sort that :D

Drove back - it was 29 degrees most of the way back :o The air con didn't work and the blowers weren't very cold :o :o

But, met with car owner, had lots of tea and chat then went to sit by a 'lake' before I got the bus home. One of my friends was on the same bus (he'd cycled down from resort tho!! LOL) so was pretty cool to be able to chat all the way home :D :D

Still think it's freaky to be able to see the holes in the bones!! He said they will take about 18 months to fully heal/fill!!

Plan d'Eau - with ducks!! :lol:

Got home to find that some friend's had got back from the uk and dropped off some stuff that I either can't buy here or won't pay the price to buy here!!! :wub: :wub:

Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

David wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:41 pm

7.5!!!!
My LE had 8!
FTFY
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

weeksy wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:28 pm I've just spent an hour sorting and organising bearings for MTBs.

I bought 50 little clear bags, put each type of bearing into a bag and a numbered/lettered label on it.

Don't they normally come from the supplier in little labelled bags? :think: ;)
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:21 pm
weeksy wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:28 pm I've just spent an hour sorting and organising bearings for MTBs.

Don't they normally come from the supplier in little labelled bags? :think: ;)
No