In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Mussels

Re: In todays news...

Post by Mussels »

Potter wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:26 am
Screwdriver wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:56 am One of the big problems with the alphabet people is that it has attracted sexual deviants and perverts who have nowhere else to go.
I think that's their complaint, the overwhelming majority of them are decent people and you've lumped them all in as sexual deviants and perverts.
Then maybe the more respectable ones should make themselves heard more, I hear them sometimes on my wife's TikTok feed complaining about the militant minority who are getting them all a bad name.
The one Bud Light used in their campaign has now decided to dress androgynously and date women, in other words living as a normal man.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Screwdriver wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:56 am One of the big problems with the alphabet people is that it has attracted sexual deviants and perverts who have nowhere else to go. It's a bit like a similar phenomena in right wing politics which attracts the (minority) subset of extremophiles, Nazi supporters and proper old school racists.

There was recently a rather obvious clue when during a "pride" march, they started chanting "we're coming for your children..."

Similar to the political ambitions of the left wing where they have a strategy of indoctrination aimed at children, the same playbook is being used by LGBTQ+ to sexualise children and promote sexual deviancy. While that indoctrination on the face of it might be said to be some sort of information campaign, it is tantamount to grooming and is being used as such by people who have an unhealthy attitude towards youngsters.
Anyone remember PIE? They had significant support from the left wing of the Labour Party for a while IIRC.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Cousin Jack wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:22 pm
Screwdriver wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:56 am One of the big problems with the alphabet people is that it has attracted sexual deviants and perverts who have nowhere else to go. It's a bit like a similar phenomena in right wing politics which attracts the (minority) subset of extremophiles, Nazi supporters and proper old school racists.

There was recently a rather obvious clue when during a "pride" march, they started chanting "we're coming for your children..."

Similar to the political ambitions of the left wing where they have a strategy of indoctrination aimed at children, the same playbook is being used by LGBTQ+ to sexualise children and promote sexual deviancy. While that indoctrination on the face of it might be said to be some sort of information campaign, it is tantamount to grooming and is being used as such by people who have an unhealthy attitude towards youngsters.
Anyone remember PIE? They had significant support from the left wing of the Labour Party for a while IIRC.
And more recently connected with Stonewall, not much of a surprise.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Mussels wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:20 pm
Potter wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:26 am
Screwdriver wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:56 am One of the big problems with the alphabet people is that it has attracted sexual deviants and perverts who have nowhere else to go.
I think that's their complaint, the overwhelming majority of them are decent people and you've lumped them all in as sexual deviants and perverts.
Then maybe the more respectable ones should make themselves heard more, I hear them sometimes on my wife's TikTok feed complaining about the militant minority who are getting them all a bad name.
The one Bud Light used in their campaign has now decided to dress androgynously and date women, in other words living as a normal man.
I think the worm has turned. Identity politics works best when you drill right down to the individual. What's happening is that this minority group has grown beyond the identity it wishes to promote.

As for Dylan, he's just turned against Bud Light and is now supporting the boycott! Honestly, you couldn't make this up...
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
Ant

Post by Ant »

Mussels wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:24 pm
Cousin Jack wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:22 pm

And more recently connected with Stonewall, not much of a surprise.
There are issues with Stonewall, using CBBC and schools to push their extreme agenda, confusing kids, sexualising them and also they've been accused of grooming. Organisations such as stonewall is where some of these 'groomers' infiltrate schools and children's establishments. It's seriously concerning and surprising that it's being allowed to continue. There are people pulling their kids out of schools to keep their children safe from sexualisation and grooming.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Yeah enough about that now, you're going full swivel-eyed-looney.

In other news...

The Bank of England reported this week that they are seeing the biggest withdrawal of private household savings in recorded history, which not surprisingly coincides with the news that four million households have gone (or are about to go) into insolvency.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, there are at least 18 months more of this and it will pick up pace as we move on, the snowball is about to set off down the hill. I think this coming winter will be brutal and 2024 may reveal itself as potentially one of the most challenging economic situations we've seen in our lifetime.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Paging @Ant Surely you can think of something for this.

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/2023-0 ... nker-spill

A stretch of the M6 in Lancashire has been shut after a collision involving a milk tanker.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Ant

Post by Ant »

Horse wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:23 pm Paging @Ant Surely you can think of something for this.

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/2023-0 ... nker-spill

A stretch of the M6 in Lancashire has been shut after a collision involving a milk tanker.
Looks like the side of his lorry just skimmed the road....
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Unfortunately I think Potter may be right. :cry:

Rishi hasnt got time to solve our economic woes, Labour will win a landslide and shake the magic money tree, and everone will be happy with a 25% pay increase. Until inflation hits 35% and they realise that the magic money tree has died from overuse.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Kneerly Down

Post by Kneerly Down »

Horse wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:23 pm
Obviously the driver wasn't the cream of the crop.
Butterfingers.
Ant

Post by Ant »

Kneerly Down wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:43 pm
Horse wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:23 pm
Obviously the driver wasn't the cream of the crop.
Butterfingers.
I bet the haulage company are pretty cheesed off.
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Potter wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:00 pm Yeah enough about that now, you're going full swivel-eyed-looney.
Ant had better do what the little corporal says.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Cousin Jack wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:30 pm Unfortunately I think Potter may be right. :cry:

Rishi hasnt got time to solve our economic woes, Labour will win a landslide and shake the magic money tree, and everone will be happy with a 25% pay increase. Until inflation hits 35% and they realise that the magic money tree has died from overuse.
Not arguing with any of ^ that. And I appreciate that covid and Ukraine were not Rishi's fault.

However, the country was sold 'a few years austerity' and everything would be rosy. 12 years later, it's not happened. And Rishi's five promises seem doomed.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

I am not going to defend Tory poicy in the past, I am however concerned about the future.

We are near bankrupt, yet still trying to 'lead the world' in going green, still poring money into a broken NHS, and ignoring reality in just about every direction.

Rishi is almost bound to lose, the alternatives are worse.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Ant

Post by Ant »

Going green - 20% is added to your gas and electricity bill, going into the pockets of those benefiting from this green 'carbon neutral' cult.
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Potter wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:00 pm Yeah enough about that now, you're going full swivel-eyed-looney.
Is it only swivel-eyed looneys who don’t like the idea of a man making a baby suck his tit?
Spoiler
Last edited by JackyJoll on Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Ant wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:46 pm Going green - 20% is added to your gas and electricity bill, going into the pockets of those benefiting from this green 'carbon neutral' cult.
And if the UK were carbon neutral tomorrow it would make 2/5 of 3/8 of the square root of fuck all difference to the planet. We are a small, pretty insignificant, little country.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Ant

Post by Ant »

Cousin Jack wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:18 pm
Ant wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:46 pm Going green - 20% is added to your gas and electricity bill, going into the pockets of those benefiting from this green 'carbon neutral' cult.
And if the UK were carbon neutral tomorrow it would make 2/5 of 3/8 of the square root of fuck all difference to the planet. We are a small, pretty insignificant, little country.
Carbon neutral is meaningless anyway. The only way it could mean anything is to not do anything, basically do not live, as carbon is a natural element, you can't be rid of it.

And for what?
MyLittleStudPony

Post by MyLittleStudPony »

20% added to a small bill! Fuck me! There's no way I'm paying that to avert a global crisis. Let Bangladesh go underwater I say.
MyLittleStudPony

Post by MyLittleStudPony »

Cousin Jack wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:18 pm
Yes we have emitted large amounts of carbon per capita historically, and that's up there now still.

Plus this country prospered from environmentally (and morally) unsustainable practices. It's time to start paying it back.