In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Yambo

Re: In todays news...

Post by Yambo »

^^^^^
There are no advantages for educators to give poor grades.

There are a remarkable number of unintelligent teachers nowadays.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Cousin Jack wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:39 pm
Horse wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:54 pm
As an aside, I was surprised to learn that 'equality' actually means 'equity', more towards equitable outcomes rather than equal provision.
That ^ is the bollox. I am all for equal treatment but equality of outcome means either handicapping the good, or giving the less good an unfair advantage
Perhaps a poor explanation on my part.

Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Ant

Post by Ant »

Cousin Jack wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:39 pm
As an aside, I was surprised to learn that 'equality' actually means 'equity', more towards equitable outcomes rather than equal provision.
That ^ is the bollox. I am all for equal treatment but equality of outcome means either handicapping the good, or giving the less good an unfair advantage.

Education made that mistake 30 years ago, no competitive sports because otherwise some would lose, examinations became non- competitive ( and dumbed down) so that almost everyone got top grades. Degrees for everyone. We are still suffering today.
That's what has happened with all of this equality stuff, it's just discriminated out the people actually good at the work, in favour of employing people simply because of the colour of their skin. The end result, we don't really have the right people in certain positions. Attributes have nothing to do with what someone looks like and I think people are slowly starting to realise that. Once companies and technology fails, it's too late - we don't want it to get that far, but we're not that far off it.
MyLittleStudPony

Post by MyLittleStudPony »

Potter wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:26 pm Thank goodness for that, I thought you'd all gone soft with this "Jeremy Clarkson is a meanie" thing, but it's refreshing to see you're all still brimming with hate :lol:
I wonder if it is more fear than hate. Or perhaps hate born of fear. Not unusual in old straight cis white men.
Ant

Post by Ant »

Or women. Fear, yes. Say it's a woman who's worried about a man in a dress following her into the toilets?

12 year old girl has a man in a dress follow her into the toilets, because a man is allowed to if he identifies as a woman.

I can't say that as a man, I'm in a position to tell a vulnerable girl or an afraid woman that they're being irrational whilst their rights which have been fought for over the years, are now being eroded, by men.

In the 1920s we had the suffragettes, In the 2020's, we're wilfully undoing all of their hard work.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Horse wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:17 pm

And I have no real problem with that. What I do have a real problem with is selecting the little one for a basketball team, when the basic requirement is to be 6' 6" or more tall. He may want to play basketball, he may be fit, have good ball skills, and be fast, but he will never, ever, outjump someone 7 feet tall.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Horse

Post by Horse »

Cousin Jack wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:06 pm

And I have no real problem with that.
Thank you, because that's the only thing I was trying to put across.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Horse wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:11 pm
Cousin Jack wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:06 pm

And I have no real problem with that.
Thank you, because that's the only thing I was trying to put across.
Nice graphic but utterly irrelevant when it comes to diversity quotas where somebody has to lose out.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Mussels wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:52 pm Nice graphic but utterly irrelevant when it comes to diversity quotas where somebody has to lose out.
Which was why my original post was in two parts, with the equality/equity bit introduced as an aside - i.e. not directly relevant.
I do feel strongly that everyone is equal and we all have equal rights.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Horse wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:17 pm Image
If they'd have done better in school they could have bought a ticket and done away with the the whole issue instead of trying to get a free watch of the game.
Horse

Post by Horse »

MrLongbeard wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:18 pm
If they'd have done better in school they could have
Thought you were going to say " ... been taller" :D

That's actually just part of a bigger graphic.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

MrLongbeard wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:18 pm
If they'd have done better in school they could have bought a ticket and done away with the the whole issue instead of trying to get a free watch of the game.
Ooooooooh :obscene-birdiedoublered:
irie

Post by irie »

I believe Macron has called in the GIGN to regain control of cities with riots.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GIGN

Will almost certainly put a lid on the current protests, but only temporarily.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Potter

Post by Potter »

Ant wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:28 pm
In the 1920s we had the suffragettes, In the 2020's, we're wilfully undoing all of their hard work.
Do you know much of the history of this? There are some interesting observations that one could make.

The movement had it's own colours (like the pride rainbow), some people wore badges and ribbons to show solidarity, however, what I found most interesting was how the suffragettes embedded themselves into consciousness during WW1, they took on roles that the men might usually perform and people got used to it, it was almost Pavlovian - a bit like trans people wanting to use their chosen bathrooms and take part in sports in their chosen gender, so people get used to it and realise that the world won't end.

The suffragettes found that this was far more effective than the suicide, violence and bombing campaigns that they used.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

One of the big problems with the alphabet people is that it has attracted sexual deviants and perverts who have nowhere else to go. It's a bit like a similar phenomena in right wing politics which attracts the (minority) subset of extremophiles, Nazi supporters and proper old school racists.

There was recently a rather obvious clue when during a "pride" march, they started chanting "we're coming for your children..."

Similar to the political ambitions of the left wing where they have a strategy of indoctrination aimed at children, the same playbook is being used by LGBTQ+ to sexualise children and promote sexual deviancy. While that indoctrination on the face of it might be said to be some sort of information campaign, it is tantamount to grooming and is being used as such by people who have an unhealthy attitude towards youngsters.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Potter wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:13 am
Ant wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:28 pm
Do you know much of the history of this? There are some interesting observations that one could make.

The movement had it's own colours (like the pride rainbow), some people wore badges and ribbons to show solidarity, however, what I found most interesting was how the suffragettes embedded themselves into consciousness during WW1, they took on roles that the men might usually perform and people got used to it, it was almost Pavlovian - a bit like trans people wanting to use their chosen bathrooms and take part in sports in their chosen gender, so people get used to it and realise that the world won't end.

The suffragettes found that this was far more effective than the suicide, violence and bombing campaigns that they used.

The suffragettes of course were campaigning on behalf of around 50% of the population, which, it could be argued was a rather noble campaign.

There's no real comparison with the alphabet/rainbow crowd/trannies/mentally ill mysogynistic paedos etc.
Last edited by Yambo on Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

When it comes to prevalence of sexual deviance, that award is presented annually to "white, middle aged, heterosexual, bloke". That's how it is, crying about having to look at these lgbqt people on the telly won't change that.
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

DefTrap wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:14 am When it comes to prevalence of sexual deviance, that award is presented annually to "white, middle aged, heterosexual, bloke". That's how it is, crying about having to look at these lgbqt people on the telly won't change that.
Are they on TV?

Have managed to miss that.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Screwdriver wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:56 am One of the big problems with the alphabet people is that it has attracted sexual deviants and perverts who have nowhere else to go.
I think that's their complaint, the overwhelming majority of them are decent people and you've lumped them all in as sexual deviants and perverts.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Potter wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:26 am
Screwdriver wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:56 am One of the big problems with the alphabet people is that it has attracted sexual deviants and perverts who have nowhere else to go.
I think that's their complaint, the overwhelming majority of them are decent people and you've lumped them all in as sexual deviants and perverts.
Re read what I said and you will discover I have actually said the complete opposite....

I also give an example where, since the right wing can be said to be more patriotic and less welcoming to illegal immigration ( I suggest) it also attracts the extreme version of that philosophy. You know, the Nazi sympathisers and white supremicists.

I believe I would be classed as "right wing". does that make me a Nazi flag waving white supremicist?

On a related matter, the alphabet is coming under some strain. The L's and G's are not too happy with the (extreme versions) of the T's.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato