How’s You and T’Other Half ?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Yorick

How’s You and T’Other Half ?

Post by Yorick »

Me and Pen spend a lot of time together here anyway, but we do have our separate hobbies.

But we can’t do any of them now, and apart from her 2 shopping trips and dog walks, we’ve been together for 16 days.

But it’s been OK. I’ve been doing lots of DIY jobs and she’s been impressed with what I’ve done. So she’s been making lovely meals for dinner and tea, and pampering me.

She’s been doing plenty in the house and getting on with her hobbies. She’s made the top floor lounge her own and I’ve put a telly up there. And she’s doing plenty of stuff in her arts studio. And I hear her singing on the PA as well.

Overall, this has made us a bit closer, coz we both understand why we’re locked down and we’ve both lots to do :)

I imagine folks with kids are going berserk.

You ?
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: How’s You and T’Other Half ?

Post by weeksy »

Finding it fairly easy to be honest. It's like being on holiday in many ways.

As far as i can gather, she's finding it pretty good going too. Although she does crave human interaction more than i do so a little trickier. Her job also requires more of that than mine does.

Our lad seems to be enjoying it :)

There's the inconvenience of my trip to Belgium that got canned, Donington is canned too and potentially our northern tour. We've got Burgundy in August... will that happen, hmmmm.
GuzziPaul

Post by GuzziPaul »

I've got the Mrs and youngest daughter here. both work in schools but neither is going in. Trying to sheild me with my reduced immunity. daughter is busy doing stuff for the kids online and setting homework/marking. Wife is reading a lotdone a bit of gardening does the shopping and tries to stay out of the background if I'm on a video call.
I'm WFH, so busy most of the day. My desk is in the extesion at the back of the house so I'm watching the Tits and checking on my nuts I put out for them. It the weekend I sorted out my spare wood in the wood store wondering what I can make. Hopefully I've got some brake fluid coming on Thursday and I'll get the Le mans up on the bench and change the fluid and service the brakes.

I'm also spending a lot of time on here :D
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

My daughter is not doing GCSE's, not sure if that is a good thing or not,but she already had excellent marks at school, so her "results" will reflect that.

Son is on gap year before starting uni in September.

Wife is a key worker at local nursery for special needs children, so she goes in.

I WFH fulltime Monday to Friday and have been fortunate in have the space to do so.

All in all we are getting on fine, sleeping more, enjoying nice meals and getting some exercise in our tiny back garden. Those dumbells paid of in the end.

None of us has breathing problems, so very glad, but we have family who do. My brother had severe bronchitis and double pneumonia a couple of years ago and he is in the at risk category. So we won't visit him until the all clear is given.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Bit different to most as we are 46 miles apart so not seeing her at all. Talk on the phone a lot, but we always have, got into a routine depending on whether I’m at work or not. Missing her though.
Talk to both the kids every couple of days. The youngest works for the NHS in their operations centre so a lot of the social media stuff is from him, eldest is a Traffic Warden so not doing much other than walking round helping the public.
Mick.
G.P

Post by G.P »

We are doing alright, Mrs GP is vulnerable due to MS so kept away from work the previous week to lock down and I worked from home that week also so we are into week 3 here. Eldest got leave from the Navy so he is home. He and his brother spend most of the time in their rooms and seem happy enough except when i have to remind them to do their bit! :)
I'm working all day and have an office at that I've used at least 1 or 2 days a week for the last 10 years, so nothing changes Really.
Mrs GP is a book worm and a movie lover so has no problem filling her day. She gets fatigue from MS so has to take it easy anyway. We haven't had any arguments or rows but both are slightly frustrated by the lads both being lazy fuckers :D
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

There's four of us in the house, me, the wife, daughter and granddaughter.
To my surprise we have been getting on quite well like this since daughter and granddaughter moved back in with us just over a year ago.
We sometimes have a bit of a set to but its a Tetley Tempest and over in no time when one person winks and takes the piss.

In short, yes we sometimes argue but nothing serious and it doesn't last long.

Really could do with getting to work but I guess we just have to see this thing through properly.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Pretty good tbh. But we get along well and spend a lot of time in each others company anyway. I'm pretty much working most of the day and she is busying herself tidying stuff and usual household chores. I take breaks and she stops what she is doing so we have a cuppa together and we walk the dogs for our hours exercise. Only annoying thing is she has the TV on all day and its ITV, so Phil and Holly, then loose women then quiz shows. I've sort of grown numb to it now but it still grates a bit...

My Daughter is working from home too but she is often on skype calls so is in her room. She is not well now which is worrying as she has a cough and temperature but does have a couple of normal cold symptoms too.
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

I got a message from the Ex, mostly coherent though she admitted to having had 'a few beers'. I guess that's why she messaged me at 2:30 AM

She lives with her boyf, kinda suggests they aren't getting on all that well !!!