Insignificant Things That Make You Happy.

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Mussels

Re: Insignificant Things That Make You Happy.

Post by Mussels »

KungFooBob wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:36 pm My secret crush has a new TV quiz on C5 right now!

Lucy Worsley <swoon>
She's a conundrum and I've spent to much time pondering this.
I've decided no as she looks like someone in hair & makeup has tried very hard to make her look like a normie but she'll only go so far.
Also hosting a quiz show on channel 5 has ruined any respect I had for her.
Alice Roberts is a much easier choice.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

I agree about Alice, but Lucy looks ok to me. At my age you cant be too fussy.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I had to smile at the lowest price quote for my Bullet...
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-06-23 111523.png
Screenshot 2023-06-23 111523.png (78.53 KiB) Viewed 757 times
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

KungFooBob wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:16 am I had to smile at the lowest price quote for my Bullet...
Lolz, I added the wife as a named rider and it went down to £46.96!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

The wife and i only have chromebooks, which is fine normally, but with our IT dept locking down our PCs we cant have any 3rd party software on them. So I decided we should have one windows PC in the house. Looked at Currys and they had lenovos with a 17.3" screen on clearance for £199. That'll do!

Poxy website wouldn't let me check out and I checked the twitter etc and everyone else was having the same problem. Tuesday morning I tried again and it worked, so I grabbed the wife and I one each. I didn't think it'd actually happen even though I paid but I got an email they're ready to collect and I've just been and got them. :thumbup: Bizarelly they've gone back up to £359 now?
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Getting regular updates from the Gremlinette, who is currently in Milan with her boyfriend, having gone there to see Paolo Nutini in concert.

It only occurred to me as she left on Friday that this is the first holiday she's had without us or any other family member. Suddenly so grown up and loving life as only the young seem to be able to.

:banana-dance:
Last edited by gremlin on Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Taipan wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:00 pm The wife and i only have chromebooks, which is fine normally, but with our IT dept locking down our PCs we cant have any 3rd party software on them. So I decided we should have one windows PC in the house. Looked at Currys and they had lenovos with a 17.3" screen on clearance for £199. That'll do!

Poxy website wouldn't let me check out and I checked the twitter etc and everyone else was having the same problem. Tuesday morning I tried again and it worked, so I grabbed the wife and I one each. I didn't think it'd actually happen even though I paid but I got an email they're ready to collect and I've just been and got them. :thumbup: Bizarelly they've gone back up to £359 now?
My work sent me a new laptop and I just forgot to send the previous one back.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

gremlin wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:03 pm Getting regular updates from the Gremlinette, who is currently in Milan with her boyfriend, having gone there to see Paolo Nutini in concert.

It only occurred to me as she left on Friday that this is the first holiday she's had without user any other family member. Suddenly so grown up and loving life as only the young seem to be able to.

Did she take Bank of Dad?
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Yorick wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:20 pm
gremlin wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:03 pm Getting regular updates from the Gremlinette, who is currently in Milan with her boyfriend, having gone there to see Paolo Nutini in concert.

It only occurred to me as she left on Friday that this is the first holiday she's had without user any other family member. Suddenly so grown up and loving life as only the young seem to be able to.

Did she take Bank of Dad?
She does have my Revolut card which had some forrin money left on it from our recent sojourn to Skiathos, which I've gifted to her (Milan is bloody expensive), but other than that she's self-funded this time around.

Latest update is a photo of the pair of them in McDonald's. :wtf:

After everything I've taught her, as well.... :cry:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Taipan wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:00 pm The wife and i only have chromebooks, which is fine normally, but with our IT dept locking down our PCs we cant have any 3rd party software on them. So I decided we should have one windows PC in the house. Looked at Currys and they had lenovos with a 17.3" screen on clearance for £199. That'll do!

With the money you've saved I'd strongly suggest ditching Windows Home, if that's what they came with, and installing Pro. We have a 'serious' HP tower that came with Pro on and a reasonably high end but oldish laptop without and the whole experience has been soooooo much better with Pro.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Just playing Live n Dangerous on Spotify.
Wow Just as brilliant as I remember in my yoof. Not heard it in 30 years.

Never liked Lizzy before or after this, but this still makes me smile 😃
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Yorick wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:15 pm Just playing Live n Dangerous on Spotify.

The damn thing's still bloody playing. Longer than I thought.

Glad we've no neighbours :D
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

Yorick wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:20 pm
Yorick wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:15 pm Just playing Live n Dangerous on Spotify.

The damn thing's still bloody playing. Longer than I thought.

I’ve got an incredibly scratched vinyl copy might put it on later
Horse

Post by Horse »

Did you get a satisfactory outcome from where the excavations seemed to be damaging your terrace?
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Horse wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:16 am
Did you get a satisfactory outcome from where the excavations seemed to be damaging your terrace?
Yup. Builders came last week and sorted it all out :)
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Count Steer wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:58 pm

With the money you've saved I'd strongly suggest ditching Windows Home, if that's what they came with, and installing Pro. We have a 'serious' HP tower that came with Pro on and a reasonably high end but oldish laptop without and the whole experience has been soooooo much better with Pro.
Actuslly a bit disappointed with the laptops. They're locked down to Edge and it wont let me install chrome. I dislike being told what I can and cant do lol!
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Taipan wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:55 am

Actuslly a bit disappointed with the laptops. They're locked down to Edge and it wont let me install chrome. I dislike being told what I can and cant do lol!
Sounds like they're in S mode.

There's an option in the store to switch out of S mode.

Edit:

Try this...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 1bfb28a307
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

You'd have thought they would of at least locked down the good browser and blocked the crap one not the other way around!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

KungFooBob wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:11 pm

Sounds like they're in S mode.

There's an option in the store to switch out of S mode.

Edit:

Try this...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 1bfb28a307
It worked. You're a genius KFB and your raise was well justified in my book!
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Edge is a great browser now it uses the Chromium engine. Old Edge was pants, but I prefer it to Chrome now.