In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
JackyJoll

Re: In todays news...

Post by JackyJoll »

Felix wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:00 pm I did start a post a while back called Funny News Story's but it died of death after 2/3 pages due to you all preferring to whine about other people discussing news oddly enough.
I can see the funny side of that.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

We need an "ironic outcomes" thread to put it in.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Yorick wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:36 pm Tough titty

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/17798 ... d-petition

download.jpeg-1.jpg
They should have had a sniper shoot the fucker off the bridge. Maybe sight the gun in first by shooting the woman who was stupid enough to shack up with him.
MyLittleStudPony

Post by MyLittleStudPony »

Good for those plucky protestors.

I see the Insulate Britain lot got a good result with the Great British Insulation Scheme rolling out now.

Stopping oil will be harder but good luck to them.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Ant wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:50 pm I don't see what the issue is, he is what he is, why do people find that more of an issue rather than what has happened?
Twitter claims (multiple sources) he was an African immigrant with history of violence and known to the Police? I bet it'll be mental health issues! :roll:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Two police officers who followed two teenage boys minutes before they were killed in a crash in Cardiff have been served with gross misconduct notices

If you watch this video, they were 18 seconds behind the kids. Not quite in hot pursuit.

https://news.sky.com/story/cardiff-cras ... s-12901731

I didn't know following from a safe distance was a crime now :(
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Taipan wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:46 pm
Ant wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:50 pm I don't see what the issue is, he is what he is, why do people find that more of an issue rather than what has happened?
Twitter claims (multiple sources) he was an African immigrant with history of violence and known to the Police? I bet it'll be mental health issues! :roll:
Those 'multiple sources' are all retweets from one source (GB News) who claim to have been told by another source. Nothing has been confirned yet, though it would be unusual for a news outlet to make that claim unless they were absolutely certain that the source was reliable.
And yet Twitter is full of comments claiming that it has been confirmed :roll:
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Hoonercat wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:05 pm
Those 'multiple sources' are all retweets from one source (GB News) who claim to have been told by another source. Nothing has been confirned yet, though it would be unusual for a news outlet to make that claim unless they were absolutely certain that the source was reliable.
You'd think that mental health issues wasn't a roll-eyes thing on here too. :roll:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Yorick wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:02 pm Two police officers who followed two teenage boys minutes before they were killed in a crash in Cardiff have been served with gross misconduct notices

If you watch this video, they were 18 seconds behind the kids. Not quite in hot pursuit.

https://news.sky.com/story/cardiff-cras ... s-12901731

I didn't know following from a safe distance was a crime now :(
From the article
The watchdog stressed that these notices are to advise officers that their conduct is under investigation and did not necessarily mean disciplinary proceedings would follow.
Also states that the video was taken 'minutes' before the crash. Common sense suggests that nothing more will come of it and the police are just going through the motions.

I read an article at the time about how the mother of one of the boys (who was still alive and lying in the road) was begging rioters on FB to clear the roads, as the emergency services couldn't get access to her son. I hope the police will put as much effort into prosecuting anyone who may have played a part in his death through their actions.
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

ZRX61 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:49 pm
Screwdriver wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:02 pm Sounds horrific. Will be interesting to see just how far the msm will go to avoid "outing" the ethnicity of the perpetrator. The dreadlocks are a bit of a giveaway though.

Large white lesbian?
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Its not like we don't have our own homegrown murderers and nutters, but we need to have more thorough checks with boat newbs. Its like Le Camp des Saints is becoming a prophecy!
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Count Steer wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:07 pm

You'd think that mental health issues wasn't a roll-eyes thing on here too. :roll:
I can only guess that he's parroting the right wing Twatters who are gleefully accepting tweets that the attacker is a refugee, while refusing to believe any suggestion that he had mental health issues. They'd rather insinuate that being a refugee makes you far more likely to go on a killing spree than being mentally unstable.
Last edited by Hoonercat on Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Taipan wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:17 pm

Its not like we don't have our own homegrown murderers and nutters, but we need to have more thorough checks with boat newbs. Its like Le Camp des Saints is becoming a prophecy!
Agreed, more checks can never be a bad thing. However, if this bloke is a refugee with a history of violence, as yet there is no indication of how far back that history extends. People are just making assumptions that he had this history of violence before he came to the UK.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Hoonercat wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:28 pm

Agreed, more checks can never be a bad thing. However, if this bloke is a refugee with a history of violence, as yet there is no indication of how far back that history extends. People are just making assumptions that he had this history of violence before he came to the UK.
Are you saying we drove him to it! :o I guess we'll find out in time. Kinda wishing for the irony of him being Tarquin Bagshaw from the Cotswolds. Conversely, I side with the view that the boatloads of refugees appear to lack women and children as we saw with the Ukranians. But God knows we need the labour they could provide for farming and fruit picking etc.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Agreed, more checks can never be a bad thing.
Then we can spot the mentally ill ones and send them back sharpish? Seems to be the mood music.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Ant

Post by Ant »

Count Steer wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:40 pm

Then we can spot the mentally ill ones and send them back sharpish? Seems to be the mood music.
They're easy to spot.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Ant wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:45 pm

They're easy to spot.
They arrive by boat? :think:

:D
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Ant

Post by Ant »

Taipan wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:03 am
Ant wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:45 pm

They're easy to spot.
They arrive by boat? :think:

:D
And have multicoloured hair, buy the Guardian, hate anything here to protect us and will never be happy until they've given all rights away and more of our children have perished.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

ZRX61 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:45 am Awkward...

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2023/06/11 ... ed-n557210
Sure is... proper akward posting blind links likely filled with complete bollox and expecting us to open them :flame: