What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
v8-powered

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by v8-powered »

Couple of conference calls, dropped one of the kids to an exam, visited the physio and then a splash in the pool.
Now sat enjoying vino whilst the boss cooks me steak.
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Woken up to a throbbing and swollen finger courtesy of a small splinter, dug a tiny piece of blackthorn out and sitting on the sofa watching copious amounts of gunge now leak out of the hole.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

From today I no longer need to have the dressing on my leg. The scar is still a bit weird as it looks like the inside stitches haven't disovled yet, but it'll be nice not to have to deal with the dressing :D

Now I just have to work out how to get the sticky residue from the plasters off!! :lol

And, the Xray still shows that I have holes in my tibia plateau :shock: :lol:

Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

I've had a clear out from my bedroom. I've three medium boxes and three black bags ready to go to the dump in the morning. It doesn't seem to have made any difference though - my room still looks the same :?
Lockdown refugee
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Trinity765 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:37 pm I've had a clear out from my bedroom. I've three medium boxes and three black bags ready to go to the dump in the morning. It doesn't seem to have made any difference though - my room still looks the same :?
I sympathise :( I've done loads of clearing out and the place still looks as packed as always :( :(

TBF, I don't need to do too much more clearing out/sorting and I should be able to get rid of a couple of shelf 'units'. That will help :)

Also need to do some lecktrickery to put in a multi socket high up (on the wall, not 'in' the wall sadly!) which will get some wires out of the way as well.

But, it's so frustrating to do so much sorting and tidying, get rid of loads of stuff and still think it looks the same :( :( :(
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Took my bike for its once every 4 weeks run to the barber, bit of a waste really...
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

v8-powered wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:21 pm Took my bike for its once every 4 weeks run to the barber, bit of a waste really...
Well yeah, bikes have very little hair.
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Brunch at the Goodwood flying club, watched people buzzing around in the Skyhawks, the SuperCub, and then Harvard and Spitfire were both operating.

Thank wandered over to the circuit paddock and watched the Alfa Romeo track day for a couple of sessions.

Then back to earth with a thump: Dunelm...
non quod, sed quomodo
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Blessed a home. Then home to eat lunch I prepared for the wife and I. Then cleaned two toilets and a bathroom (we have guests tomorrow).

Helped wife with cooking. Did the liturgy for the Holy Communion tomorrow night. Made a nice Pimms and Lemonade for wife and I.

Ate the stuff wife cooked, about to have blueberry clafouti. Yum!

And I cleared away four boxes of books into two boxes, so have more room in the study! Took three bags of clothing and a bag of shoes to the Salvation Army recycling box.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

Out on the pushbike this morning.

got back in time for the Senior TT on the TT+ app.

Just been out on the Street Triple for a social,met one of my mates at his 'Grand designs' building project.There's some thunder rumbling out there but so far it's remained dry :thumbup:
cheb

Post by cheb »

Built a raised bed in the veg patch, sieved some waste soil, tidied the shed a bit more and colour coded my screwdrivers with heat shrink. The colours are based on the head complexity and inspired by milk cartons, red for standard heads, green for phillips and blue for pozidrive. The exception being JIS heads, they're yellow.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Spatchcocked and BBQd a chicken. Been so long since I've done that that I had to buy some new poultry shears.

Tasty though.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Had a lie in! :Lol:

Then,
Rescued the lettuce in the bottom of the fridge. I worked out that I don't use it cos it usually needs 'dealing' with, can't just chuck it on a plate or int he airfryer. It also keeps longer if you put it chopped up in a glass jar of water. Didn't have a spare glass thingy, so it's prepped, chopped and in a big plastic air tight tub in the fridge. Not sure when I'll have a need for lettuce, but at least it won't rot in the bottom of the fridge like so many others!! :lol:

Cooked some sushi rice - cos, gonna try make some sushi roll things later :D

cooked some normal rice so I can freeze some and cook some for fried rice/egg fried rice tomorrow or whenever I take it out of the freezer :D

Sorted some storage to reduce the clutter and get a bit closer to getting ride of a couple of the floor standing shelfy things I have

Sorted some embroidery threads to work out what I need to go find to do a couple of projects as gifts :)

So very rock n roll here! Decided that my knee doesn't like bimbling in the apartment or just chilling, so definitely heading out for a proper rehab walk today :D :D
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

The plan was either going to be:
A) RockStore > Beach
or
B) RockStore > Sagebrush

but the weather is iffy & getting iffier (flash floods last night West of here, it absolutely pissed down)

So it's going to be Plan C: Costco
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

I have a compressor, air hammer, SDS drill and chisel, a rotary chisel, hammer, cold chisel, and bolster sat in front of me and I've managed to remove five tiles from the bathroom wall.
I've been telling myself I don't want to upset the neighbours with all the noise on a Sunday, I won't be able to do anything tomorrow morning as I won't hear the delivery turn up with 500 tiles. Then I'll have no excuses left :thumbdown: .
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Walked dogs before it got to hot.

Electric MTB with Mrs M around Friston Forest. Cracking ride but it's so dry the trails are beginning to get a bit "bobbly" so some "moments" were had.

Now cooking a BBQ. Meat overload inbound.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Skub

Post by Skub »

Mussels wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:49 pm I have a compressor, air hammer, SDS drill and chisel, a rotary chisel, hammer, cold chisel, and bolster sat in front of me and I've managed to remove five tiles from the bathroom wall.
I've been telling myself I don't want to upset the neighbours with all the noise on a Sunday, I won't be able to do anything tomorrow morning as I won't hear the delivery turn up with 500 tiles. Then I'll have no excuses left :thumbdown: .
Oh,I so don't miss doing that. :)
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Felix

Post by Felix »

Drove to soap dodgers country to buy a rotovator. Sick of hiring one where i make no money on so goy a nice 2nd hand one where ill charge to use it :thumbup:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Yesterday! More sorting of STUFF :( but on Saturday I was reminded by a post on a cooking page that I'd bought a shushi kit from Lidl back in the winter to have a go. A seasonnaire friend was going to show me how but we never managed to get together to do that, but I did have 'most' of the things needed! The kit had the rice and seaweed sheets - the freezer had avocado and smoked salmon (cheapest offcuts, cos, well, cheap! :lol:). I found some prawns that a chalet co had given me, so I thought I'd have a go.

Stupidly I didn't get the salmon out of the freezer till 4pm yesterday, so was a late meal! :lol: I'd cooked the rice in the morning (along with some normal rice to do fried rice today, or tomorrow!!) and had some peppers that I sliced to be the veggie ingredient with the avocado!!

But, since I've only ever had sushi (not the raw stuff) on a French mountain I really don't have much idea of what it should be like except, rolled up! :lol: Must try and be organised in the future and have cucumber for that fresh bite. Might even be brave and make an attempt at the ones that are rolled with the rice on the outside :)

Unfortunately (!!) the recommended amount of rice (the packet!) in the kit does WAY more than enough for one person, so I'll be having sushi for tea again tonight :D :D

Oh, if anyone buys the kits from Lidl - the seaweed wrap is a bit chewy :( and the 'dip' is basically just dark soy, so a bit too strong as it hides everything else - I diluted it with sushi vinegar from the stash! (My shelves of cooking stuffs are a bit like Taipan's loft of plenty! :lol: :lol: )

Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Noggin wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:10 am From today I no longer need to have the dressing on my leg. The scar is still a bit weird as it looks like the inside stitches haven't disovled yet, but it'll be nice not to have to deal with the dressing :D

Now I just have to work out how to get the sticky residue from the plasters off!! :lol

Tidier than mine! 😁