In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Mussels

Re: In todays news...

Post by Mussels »

irie wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:45 pm
Mussels wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:46 pm Always have to out do the Tories.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-65871857
Former First Minister Nicola Sturgeon arrested in SNP finance inquiry
Question is, following her arrest if convicted with a custodial sentence would Nichola Sturgeon go to a male or female prison? :?:
I thought they were all mixed now.
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Noggin wrote:FFS, shouldn't there at least be an 'entry test' for Senators, POTUS, MPs, PMs??? In all countries.
In a democracy, any reasonably normal person can be elected to be Senator, MP etc.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

JackyJoll wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:59 pm
Noggin wrote:FFS, shouldn't there at least be an 'entry test' for Senators, POTUS, MPs, PMs??? In all countries.
In a democracy, any reasonably normal person can be elected to be Senator, MP etc.
So why are we completely unable to find a 'reasonably normal' person for the top job?
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Because the pay and conditions are shite compared to any similar job which takes "wrangling" to get to.

Why would anyone of any real ability want to deal the shit the comes with being a politician when they can earn 10 times more as the unknown CEO of Firmyouveveverheardof Plc.

Civic duty? Any one with any actual civic mindedness would have all of that sucked out of them by the other cunts and the civil service. We've all seen Yes, Minister ;)
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

My pay isn't far off an MPs, I don't have to get elected, I don't have to suck up to politicians, I work 37.5 hours a week and anything over that I get paid extra for, I very rarely have to go into London, my workplace is 15 minutes from where I live.

Why would I want to be an MP?
Honda Owner
David

Post by David »

irie wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:45 pm
Mussels wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:46 pm Always have to out do the Tories.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-65871857
Former First Minister Nicola Sturgeon arrested in SNP finance inquiry
Question is, following her arrest if convicted with a custodial sentence would Nichola Sturgeon go to a male or female prison? :?:

Irie, thats a little sexist.....it is really obvoius what gender the Sturgeon is.

He will go to a male prison with his mates.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

mangocrazy wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:10 pm
JackyJoll wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:59 pm
So why are we completely unable to find a 'reasonably normal' person for the top job?
Because they will never be let into office.

Yeah they can apply, but they will never get into power, the system is set up to stop them!

A mate of mine ran for local MP for a while (Labour) and then done a runner as soon as he saw how corrupt it is. But everyone already knows this right?
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:15 pm Because the pay and conditions are shite compared to any similar job which takes "wrangling" to get to.

Why would anyone of any real ability want to deal the shit the comes with being a politician when they can earn 10 times more as the unknown CEO of Firmyouveveverheardof Plc.

Civic duty? Any one with any actual civic mindedness would have all of that sucked out of them by the other cunts and the civil service. We've all seen Yes, Minister ;)
That is a very sad way to look at it. It just shows how horrible humanity has come tbh.

What has happend to Pride?

What has happened to the human ability to seek destiny?

It's like we are robots who just want to be nothing. There must be a place for a genuinely good intelligent person to be appointed as PM, surely?

Surely there are loads of people that can do the job, i'm sure it's not as hard as some want you to think, if you do it correctly and without being a corrupt mofo.

OK so the media can make stories up etc but if you do a genuine job then i'm sure you will get the praise of todays society. And can be proud of what you have achieved for everyone!
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Greenman wrote: What has happend to Pride?
Something pretty revolting.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

There are loads of people who'd be a good PM, few of them would actually want the job ;)
Ant

Post by Ant »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:20 pm There are loads of people who'd be a good PM, few of them would actually want the job ;)
Bring Back Boris!!!!!!!
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:20 pm There are loads of people who'd be a good PM, few of them would actually want the job ;)
Because they have no pride in themselves!

Putting yourself out there at something you think you will excel at is a must if we are all to evolve.

If we all just follow money we are all fucked as a race!
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:15 pm Because the pay and conditions are shite compared to any similar job which takes "wrangling" to get to.

My stepdad was an inspector for the Inland Revenue back in the day & his office was responsible for Westminster area. He said every damn one of them (MP's/Lord etc) weren't to be trusted when it came to financials. He could barely recall an instance where he looked into someones taxes & accepted them as filed.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

ZRX61 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:26 pm

My stepdad was an inspector for the Inland Revenue back in the day & his office was responsible for Westminster area. He said every damn one of them (MP's/Lord etc) weren't to be trusted when it came to financials. He could barely recall an instance where he looked into someones taxes & accepted them as filed.
HMRC inspectors aren't to be trusted either nowadays, I don't know what it was like back then,
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Can we have a list of who we're allowed to trust?

Lords, politicians, HMRC inspectors and Daytime TV presenters are off, obviously.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:57 pm Can we have a list of who we're allowed to trust?

Lords, politicians, HMRC inspectors and Daytime TV presenters are off, obviously.
Ask yourself!

Ant

Post by Ant »

I prefer Squarepusher.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Mussels wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:34 pm HMRC inspectors aren't to be trusted either nowadays, I don't know what it was like back then,
This would have been about 40 years ago. My sis just retired after running the same office.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Looks like Trump may be truly fucked this time... & mostly because he couldn't STFU. Barr threw him under the bus on Fox this morning.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

The desire to become a politician should bar someone from ever becoming one.