What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Horse

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Horse »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:18 am So you expressed your displeasure by cleaning their car for them? :D
No, don't be silly.

He expressed displeasure and disappointment with the Ford dealer by cleaning and detailing Enterprise's hire car.

;)
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Scored these 2 beauties this morning.
Love Andorra
2023-06-08 10.04.49.jpg
2023-06-08 10.04.49.jpg (690.6 KiB) Viewed 502 times
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Demannu wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:06 am Scored these 2 beauties this morning.
Love Andorra
2023-06-08 10.04.49.jpg
Can I visit, I feel the need for the Spirit!

I've just done a school assembly, such a lovely lot of children, their teachers command their respect with good behaviour, but also set the examples of good leadership. I do enjoy these opportunities to talk about faith, love and the joy of living life to the full. I even ride the bike to the school, which gives a nice "cool vicar" vibe and engages their attention a bit longer.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Spoke with the fuckers at Automation Corporate in Florida. Apparently they get so many complaints that initial contact is limited to three minutes to get basic details & the promise to have someone call you back within 48 hours... At least a human answered the phone.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Horse wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:17 am No, don't be silly.

He expressed displeasure and disappointment with the Ford dealer by cleaning and detailing Enterprise's hire car.

;)
Now I have to deal with driving around in a ghetto gangbanger car...surprised it doesn't already have bullet holes in it, but at least it's clean.
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Final splurge in Andorra
Pair of BT016 (120/180) €150
Furygan V4 booties €99
I may or may not have also brought back a bit more tobacco products than we're legally allowed to, I don't smoke but some friends do. If I sell it to them for 50% of local prices I still make 45% profit, AND THEY OWE ME!
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

WooT! new VW Atlas to abuse :)
Lutin

Post by Lutin »

ZRX61 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:54 pm WooT! new VW Atlas to abuse :)
I will never understand the "it's only a rental - so I can trash it" mentality.

But that's probably only me.
Blundering about trying not to make too much of a hash of things.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Lutin wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:27 pm
I will never understand the "it's only a rental - so I can trash it" mentality.

When we all had company Mondeos in Milton Keynes, we thrashed the arse off them on all the roundabouts :banana-dance: :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Reading your various posts about your car woes, you have compiled a list of cars (apart from the charger) that I have no idea what they are!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Demannu wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:03 pm
Reading your various posts about your car woes, you have compiled a list of cars (apart from the charger) that I have no idea what they are!
https://www.vw.com/en/models/atlas.html
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Bit of a stressy week as I had an appointment with the surgeon in Grenoble today and the friend who's car I can usually borrow had an appointment in Chambery two hours later - so that wasn't going to work :( Couple of days of trying to get lifts to the valley and back for train times or borrow cars or just get a lift to Grenoble kinda failed.

Well, had the option of a lift down after work finished for a mate yesterday, so got a train to Grenoble last night and stayed with some friends who kindly took me to the appointment as well. :D :D

The appointment went well I think. He's happy with the xrays and the scar. TBF, I'm pretty damn happy with the scar too :D Last two stitches out (the rest were/are dissolvable) and after Saturday I don't need the dressing any more :D :banana-dance:

We went for a coffee then I got the train back to Aime thinking that I'd be able to pick up a lift by hitching pretty easily. Hmmmm. I walked around 2.5kms in just after midday sun and uphill before someone stopped! Sadly she was only going to the next village so I only got a lift of around 500m :( But it was a respite from the heat etc :lol: Then restarted but by now I was much closer to the roundabout at the bottom of the mountain road - was pretty sure that once I was on the mountain road someone would stop as it would be obvious I was going to resort or pretty close to.

Yup - first car stopped :bblonde: :bblonde: It was an older local guy - born and bred here so conversation was interesting (the Savoie accent can be a challenge!! :lol: ). But, total sweetheart and drove past where he lives up to where I live, I could have walked it but he said no. Benefit for him tho as we pulled up and a group of his friends were nearby, so he parked and went to chat with them :) Got a bit of ribbing about turning up with a pink hair English :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway - I've walked 5.5kms today (including hospital and changing trains etc!). Very little downhill so my knee seems mostly ok. If it is, I'll have to up the walking-for-rehab in resort! :lol:

Bloody knackered as was seriously dehydrated by the time I got home but, here's hoping sleep and water will help for tomorrow!! :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Went out for dinner, I drove because wifey fancied a drink. It's my birthday. 🙄
Horse

Post by Horse »

ZRX61 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:34 pm
Horse wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:17 am No, don't be silly.

;)
Now I have to deal with driving around in a ghetto gangbanger car...surprised it doesn't already have bullet holes in it, but at least it's clean.
Take it back with some of these:

https://www.tenstickers.co.uk/stickers/ ... kers-12826

Watch when they do the inspection :D
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Lutin wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:27 pm I will never understand the "it's only a rental - so I can trash it" mentality.

I've always been a fan of Eddie Lawson, he got a rental stuck about 20ft up a tree at Elkhart Lake back in the day :)

& then there was the Porsche with Schwantz in Austria:
We were celebrating his win at Salzburg and we went out and didn’t get back to the paddock until about 2:00 in the morning. I guess you can probably imagine the condition we were in. I’m driving back and Kevin is playing rally. I was the driver but he was the navigator. He was trying to tell me how fast I could go through this hairpin. We were pulling into the paddock. He said, “Go into first and just flick it through here and hold it wide open.” Okay. I do it.

We dropped two wheels off and we go down a cliff—literally a cliff. The car was on its side. He’s staring up at me and I’m looking down at him. We’re both hung in the belts. He looks at me and the headlights are staring off into these trees because they’re pointing straight up. He looks up at me and he goes, “Try reverse.” I just turned the key off…
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Funny part of the day:
Standing in the parking lot at Enterprise looking at the two Atlas's & a Maybach pulls in... A BEATER Maybach
WTF?
Windows are so dark can't see into it. No one gets out for several minutes.

Finally the rear doors open & two dudes get out in the biggest cloud of weed smoke I've seen since Cheech & Chongs Up In Smoke movie. There were people reacting to the smell at the other end of the parking lot.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Managed a liquidity contingency test with the Bank of England.

Fitted a new toilet seat in the family bathroom

Now reviewing an intraday liquidity document to submit to the regulators.

By far and away the most interesting and satisfying part of my day has been making sure the lid of the bog seat was nicely aligned with the top of the toilet.

I think I need to start thinking about retirement.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

gremlin wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:50 pm Managed a liquidity contingency test with the Bank of England.

Fitted a new toilet seat in the family bathroom

Now reviewing an intraday liquidity document to submit to the regulators.

By far and away the most interesting and satisfying part of my day has been making sure the lid of the bog seat was nicely aligned with the top of the toilet.

I think I need to start thinking about retirement.
So all your activities have been centred on 'when stuff goes down the pan'? :D
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Demannu wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:03 pm Reading your various posts about your car woes, you have compiled a list of cars (apart from the charger) that I have no idea what they are!
This VW Atlas (276hp) is no (400hp) Explorer ST. Bigger engine, but no turbos. It's an absolute slug. In the time it takes the VW to decide to react to throttle inputs & actually start to accelerate to pass one vehicle, the ST would have passed six. The first time I started to overtake someone yesterday I thought there was something wrong with it.
0-60 in the VW is 8.5 sec
0-60 in the ST is 5.2 sec...
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Today I collected my Spanish driving license. 🙂