In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Ant

Re: In todays news...

Post by Ant »

Screwdriver wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:05 pm
Ant wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:44 pm
Over here, the MET Office have also been caught red handed altering historic data to meet a political agenda.....
Where and when did that happen?
I'll find the interview for you.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

You counts can all duck right off and kiss my arsenal!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-65823482
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

CuddlyWuddlyBearyBoos!
Horse

Post by Horse »

https://apnews.com/article/supreme-cour ... 41a747c40d

A man wants to trademark ‘Trump too small’ for T-shirts. Now the Supreme Court will hear the case.

The latest case is unusual in that it has the Biden administration on Trump’s side. The administration is defending government officials’ decision to reject the trademark request from Steve Elster, who tried to register the “Trump too small” phrase.

Rubio began the verbal jousting when he told supporters at a rally that Trump was always calling him “little Marco” but that Trump — who says he is 6-feet-3-inches tall — has disproportionately small hands. “Have you seen his hands? ... And you know what they say about men with small hands,” Rubio said. “You can’t trust them.”

Trump then brought up the comment at a televised debate on March 3, 2016.

“Look at those hands. Are they small hands? And he referred to my hands — if they’re small, something else must be small. I guarantee you there’s no problem. I guarantee you,” he said.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Horse

Post by Horse »

https://fortune.com/well/2023/06/05/dea ... on-monday/

Researchers found that a surge in rates of STEMI heart attacks occurred at the start of the working week, with the highest rates found on Mondays. The rates of STEMI heart attacks were also higher than expected on Sundays.

Why are heart attacks more prominent on Monday?
The phenomenon, known as “blue Monday,” has scientists stumped. Previous studies have suggested that heart attacks may be more likely to take place on a Monday due to the body’s circadian rhythm, or natural sleep-wake cycle.

“We’ve found a strong statistical correlation between the start of the working week and the incidence of STEMI,” cardiologist Dr. Jack Laffan, who led the research at the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust, said in a press release about the study. “This has been described before but remains a curiosity. The cause is likely multifactorial. However, based on what we know from previous studies, it is reasonable to presume a circadian element.”
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Two things today:

1) Biden administration had advanced knowledge of Ukraine's plan to blow up the pipeline months before it happened... & then gaslighted everyone by blaming Russia for blowing up their own pipeline.

2) a, Head of the FBI could be headed to jail. He denied there was a paper trail linking Biden to a bribery scheme while testifying under oath before a Congressional committee investigating Bidden corruption.
b, Admitted the paper trail exists, but has so far refused to hand the document to Congress.
c, Now being looked at for Contempt of Congress charges.
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Horse wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:25 pm https://fortune.com/well/2023/06/05/dea ... on-monday/

Researchers found that a surge in rates of STEMI heart attacks occurred at the start of the working week, with the highest rates found on Mondays. The rates of STEMI heart attacks were also higher than expected on Sundays.

Why are heart attacks more prominent on Monday?
The phenomenon, known as “blue Monday,” has scientists stumped. Previous studies have suggested that heart attacks may be more likely to take place on a Monday due to the body’s circadian rhythm, or natural sleep-wake cycle.

“We’ve found a strong statistical correlation between the start of the working week and the incidence of STEMI,” cardiologist Dr. Jack Laffan, who led the research at the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust, said in a press release about the study. “This has been described before but remains a curiosity. The cause is likely multifactorial. However, based on what we know from previous studies, it is reasonable to presume a circadian element.”
What springs to mind immediately is hung-over people forcing themselves to work after a mis-spent weekend.

Then they say it’s worse in the week after Christmas, too.

“Circadian” sounds clever though.
Horse

Post by Horse »

JackyJoll wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:22 am What springs to mind immediately is hung-over people forcing themselves to work
“Most heart attacks hit during the early morning hours from 4 – 10 am when blood platelets are stickier, and there is increased adrenaline released from released from the adrenal glands that can trigger rupture of plaques in coronary arteries,”

https://mygrandstrandhealth.com/blog/en ... art-attack
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

I doubt if "Ukraine" had much say in the matter. The USA obviously blew up the pipeline which they threatened to do months before they did it.

There is so much hard evidence of the Biden mafia corruption, if he hasn't been impeached/jailed by now, there's a good chance they never will.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Gonna get a bit warm. Start the panic now!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-65837317

Fuck me. Are we really really so daft as to be told to put a t-shirt on if we're feeling a bit burny? Me? I'm going to sit out with my beer-belly proudly displayed and turn bright red
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

gremlin wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:44 pm Gonna get a bit warm. Start the panic now!

Fuck me. Are we really really so daft as to be told to put a t-shirt on if we're feeling a bit burny? Me? I'm going to sit out with my beer-belly proudly displayed and turn bright red
We're bruvs :obscene-birdiedoublered:
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Pops out to check the air con unit is where I left it....

.....yep I'm good
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

MrLongbeard wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:03 pm Pops out to check the air con unit is where I left it....

.....yep I'm good
Same. 8-)
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

MyLittleStudPony wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:11 pm
Bigjawa wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 11:37 am
Mussels wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:01 pm Looks like ITV is going to axe This Morning.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65739298

I dunno about the whole Schofield thing, sure he was reputed to be a bit of a cunt off screen and there's a certain karma about his rather spectacular fall from grace, but the whole affair thing between 2 consenting adults should be their own business surely?

Clarkson chinned someone in the crew over a sandwich and he's considered a national treasure, Schofield wears the bumming hat and he's public enemy no.1?
I agree re. Philip Scofield.

Plus there's a more than a whiff of homophobia about his trashing. It's all very Brexity. ;)
I'm obviously missing something here, did Schofield do anything illegal?
Or is it just the same old people who hated the gays using another reason to hate the same people?

Plus, I've not seen Schofield on the box for yonks, so I guess it's outed the elderly and daytime TV watchers :lol:
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

ZRX61 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:31 am Two things today:

1) Biden administration had advanced knowledge of Ukraine's plan to blow up the pipeline months before it happened...
Excellent. If true, he's gone up in my estimation :thumbup:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

gremlin wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:44 pm Gonna get a bit warm. Start the panic now!

LOL! It's gonna be 30/86deg?? It doesn't even cool down to that at night here sometimes.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

demographic wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:31 pm
Bigjawa wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 11:37 am

I dunno about the whole Schofield thing, sure he was reputed to be a bit of a cunt off screen and there's a certain karma about his rather spectacular fall from grace, but the whole affair thing between 2 consenting adults should be their own business surely?

Clarkson chinned someone in the crew over a sandwich and he's considered a national treasure, Schofield wears the bumming hat and he's public enemy no.1?

Plus there's a more than a whiff of homophobia about his trashing. It's all very Brexity. ;)
Or is it just the same old people who hated the gays using another reason to hate the same people?

Plus, I've not seen Schofield on the box for yonks, so I guess it's outed the elderly and daytime TV watchers :lol:
If a nearly 60 year old bloke got a teenage girl a job on his show as a runner and then started having sex with her I'm pretty sure that would raise eyebrows too.
If he thought there was nothing wrong then why did he lie about it?
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Mussels wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:41 pm

If a nearly 60 year old bloke got a teenage girl a job on his show
I'm just over 60. Can I still have one?

Asking for a friend :)
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

If a nearly 60 year old bloke got a teenage girl a job on his show as a runner and then started having sex with her I'm pretty sure that would raise eyebrows too.
Why would he lie?
Isn't that standard procedure for anyone having an affair?

Bit weird and waay more of an age gap than I'd do but has he done anything illegal? You know, like Led Zep keeping an underage girl on a tour bus and only letting her out to hose the jiz out?
Or Bill Wyman with his 13 year old girlfriend who I can't remember the name of right now. Mandy Smith?

It's all a bit clutching at pearls isn't it?
Ant

Post by Ant »

It's very perverted what went on. It's not as common place as it used to be with the older men perving over young girls I suppose, but it still happens I suppose. So Phil knew he was on dodgy ground, which is why he lied I guess.