IOM TT

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Nordboy

Re: IOM TT

Post by Nordboy »

Harrison, Dunlop and Hickman all now over 133mph. The very impressive thing was that Hickman did his on the superstock, rather than the superbike that Harrison and Dunlop used.
Even Mcguinness has done a 130mph lap.

Bonkers!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Nordboy wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:25 pm Harrison, Dunlop and Hickman all now over 133mph. The very impressive thing was that Hickman did his on the superstock, rather than the superbike that Harrison and Dunlop used.

Bonkers!
If you look at the lap records, the Superbike record is only about 6 seconds faster than Superstock.
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Dunlop on a mission again....
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Yorick wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:27 pm
Nordboy wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:25 pm Harrison, Dunlop and Hickman all now over 133mph. The very impressive thing was that Hickman did his on the superstock, rather than the superbike that Harrison and Dunlop used.

Bonkers!
If you look at the lap records, the Superbike record is only about 6 seconds faster than Superstock.
Hicky was saying they are easier to ride, softer and enjoyable like a nice sleek cheetah rather than wrestling a lion thats trying to rip your head off all the time
wull

Post by wull »

I think Hicky following Harrison helped him do the 133+ on the Superstock. Harrison was on the Superbike at that point.

Dunlop is game for this, I wouldn’t bet against him, incredible to watch, his 133+ lap over the mountain was bonkers.
wull

Post by wull »

Bigjawa wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:38 pm Dunlop on a mission again....
It’s great to see, hopefully he can stick it to Harrison and Hicky, would like to see Hicky get best as he’s been dominant for a few years now at the TT, he seems to win the big bike races unless he has mechanicals.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

If you havent seen it already and have 18 and a half minutes to spare have a watch of an onboard lap with Davey Todd. It really brings home the bumps and closeness of all the solid things around the course at those speeds.....but this isnt a qualifying lap, just a run around with all the cameras fitted :shock:

If Davey speeds up a bit he might match Wulls onboards on his way to work and back ;)

Horse

Post by Horse »

Bigyin wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:03 pm If you havent seen it already and have 18 and a half minutes to spare have a watch of an onboard lap with Davey Todd. It really brings home the bumps and closeness of all the solid things around the course at those speeds.....but this isnt a qualifying lap, just a run around with all the cameras fitted :shock:

If Davey speeds up a bit he might match Wulls onboards on his way to work and back ;)

@Taipan re cornering & where / how to 'look', watch this. Particularly about 12:35 on.

The camera is on his chin. Note how the limit point (where the two road edges meet) is always almost exactly in the centre of the screen - because that's where he's looking, pointing his head where he wants to go.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Skub

Post by Skub »

That was really annoying. I want to see the road ahead,I don't want to see a fucking boot changing gear,I can look at my own for that. I gave up less than two minutes in. Who does this wank editing anyway? An awesome bit of riding ruined by dopey stuff. It's like watching a race and someone down the field falls off,so we get to watch the rider trudging through the gravel and the pit crew,while the actual race goes unseen.

Sort it out ya arty cunts. :P
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Skub wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:28 pm That was really annoying. I want to see the road ahead,I don't want to see a fucking boot changing gear,I can look at my own for that. I gave up less than two minutes in. Who does this wank editing anyway? An awesome bit of riding ruined by dopey stuff. It's like watching a race and someone down the field falls off,so we get to watch the rider trudging through the gravel and the pit crew,while the actual race goes unseen.

I lasted 30 seconds. Kmobheads.
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

wull wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:10 pmDunlop is game for this, I wouldn’t bet against him, incredible to watch, his 133+ lap over the mountain was bonkers.
He's a Dunlop but he's riding like McCallen at the minute.
wull

Post by wull »

This along with Michael Rutters parade lap aboard the V4S Speciale is my favourite TT onboards. This is McPint during the opening lap in the 2015 Senior TT race, 131.8mph from a standing start. The Blade sounds so good, love it!

Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Skub wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:28 pm I gave up less than two minutes in.

Yorick wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:33 pm I lasted 30 seconds. Kmobheads.
Fuck me, tough crowd tonight :mrgreen:

I really enjoyed it and didn’t even bother over the couple of times they showed the boot gear changing as more than 95% of the footage was from the chin camera and the rest from the other cameras on board
wull

Post by wull »

Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

For me these two are the best onboard laps,no daft gimmicks, just the riders pov

Josh Brookes on the Norton rotary

And Michael Rutter on the Ducati that Performance Bikes took over there.This video is unusual as it's a road bike & the speedo is showing,the numbers are insane!

There's a part two here

It's a nice sunny day outside & I'm getting ready to go out for a ridebut I'll have a brew & watch these before I go...again :D
wull

Post by wull »

That’s the lap of Rutter that I was talking about, it’s incredible especially aboard the Ducati.
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

I remember seeing that Ducati parked in the paddock,it threw me because it's obviously a road bike fitted with mirrors & indicators but it was covered in dead flies & was fitted with slicks that were all chewed up from having been properly ragged.
When I found out about the video it made sense :D
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

The brightly coloured, pink / blue, plasters that some of the riders have on their forearms - what are they for? Is it muscle / tendon support or something like that?
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

It's Kinesiology tape,not being a physio I'm not sure about the specific use & I don't know what other sports use it.
https://www.firstaid4sport.co.uk/Taping ... sio%20tape
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

Bustaspoke wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:55 pm It's Kinesiology tape,not being a physio I'm not sure about the specific use & I don't know what other sports use it.
https://www.firstaid4sport.co.uk/Taping ... sio%20tape
Ace - thanks. Looked it up, interesting stuff. Seems it offers support for muscles, tendons and ligaments. I'm going to think of it as a sort of ligament/tendon exo skeleton based on the shapes I've seen the riders using.