Extra lighting on back of helmet

Riding tips, guides, safety gear, IAM, ROSPA and anything related to keeping riders alive longer !
Horse

Re: Extra lighting on back of helmet

Post by Horse »

G.P wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:49 pm I use the brake when I don't need to when riding in a group, particularly when I'm leading. ... I always dab the brake to let the rider behind know I'm properly slowing for a bend ...
Dab , you say? Potentially misunderstood as "Oh, he's not braking very hard, so it can't be a tight beeeeeeeeend!!!!"

Following a mate, years ago and not long after starting biking, here:

https://earth.app.goo.gl/?apn=com.googl ... OS1sM1EQAg
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Hot_Air

Post by Hot_Air »

Horse wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:02 pm Potkscratchin (him off the telly) back on Vd
Who was Potkscratchin? Was he a bike cop in Emergency Bikers?
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Hot_Air wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:59 pm
Horse wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:02 pm Potkscratchin (him off the telly) back on Vd
Who was Potkscratchin? Was he a bike cop in Emergency Bikers?
Derek off Roadwars.
G.P

Post by G.P »

Horse wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:55 pm

Dab , you say? Potentially misunderstood as "Oh, he's not braking very hard, so it can't be a tight beeeeeeeeend!!!!"

Following a mate, years ago and not long after starting biking, here:

https://earth.app.goo.gl/?apn=com.googl ... OS1sM1EQAg
I knew I used the wrong term as soon as I posted :)
I actually depress the back brake enough for the brake light to come on. As you might be aware, Ducati rear brakes are about as useful as chocolate teapots so I could actually stand on it without much in the way of retardation taking place!! :)
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

G.P wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:20 pm I knew I used the wrong term as soon as I posted :)
I actually depress the back brake enough for the brake light to come on. As you might be aware, Ducati rear brakes are about as useful as chocolate teapots so I could actually stand on it without much in the way of retardation taking place!! :)
It was ABS before anyone realised they needed it ;)

I'd forgotten how powerful the rear drum on a 1980 CB250RS could be - first time I tried a reasonably hard stop on it, the front did next to nothing and the rear locked instantly!
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
Hot_Air

Post by Hot_Air »

G.P wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:20 pmAs you might be aware, Ducati rear brakes are about as useful as chocolate teapots
What are you complaining about? There's an easy fix for the legendary Ducati rear brake issue: fit braided hoses, change the brake fluid (weekly) and avoid riding when there's an R in the month. Simples.
G.P

Post by G.P »

Hot_Air wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:12 pm
G.P wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:20 pmAs you might be aware, Ducati rear brakes are about as useful as chocolate teapots
What are you complaining about? There's an easy fix for the legendary Ducati rear brake issue: fit braided hoses, change the brake fluid (weekly) and avoid riding when there's an R in the month. Simples.
Good point, and I must take a look at the state of the pads. Fortunately, the fonts are "mega" :)