What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Skub

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Skub »

Noggin wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:50 pm This is the radiologist stuff - Don't really understand most of it, but, it doesn't hurt, so I'll keep on keeping on!! LOL

None of that looks to be on anyone's wish list. :silent:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Skub wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:10 pm

None of that looks to be on anyone's wish list. :silent:
TBF, not much since mid August 2017 has been on anyone's wishlist :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now I've read that, I am now wondering if this is the issue with the nerve. But, for now nothing is causing pain (more than normal) or stopping me doing anything I want to, so I'm doing the ostrich thing for a while :D :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Today I walked dog in park after dropping the wife off at her school. Then home for prayers. Hopped on the bike, visited a parishioner who is struggling with dealing with grief (her husband passed away last year and this is the first time she has been living alone in her life). Then off to do a bit of shopping for the wife, home for lunch, then off to optician to check for my glaucoma issues. All clear, nothing to worry about. Pressure are lower than they have been in a long time. Relief! Back home, swapped to car, collected the wife and we walked the dog for an hour and a half. Home to cook a superb cauliflower, sweet potato and lentil curry. Even better with an award winning Belgian beer. Now about to take Compline service at 9pm.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Went to hug a tree (giant redwood) but couldn't get my arms around it. :D

Bought a stately home. 'Do you want that gift wrapped sir?' 'Ooh! Yes please'. :thumbup:

(Dunno how they've printed it. The individual sections are mahoosive).
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Tried to hug this one too...it's even bigger. :D

Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Walked dogs, went for an MTB, read the WhatsApp messages between the crypto scammer and FiL & MiL and realised the 8K they've sent them may only be the tip of the iceberg......

Off to work tonight.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Running medical errands this morning, then later there will be pasty production taking place. Made the pastry last night, twice as much as last time & I have rancho marinaded Carne Asada for the meat. Pics later.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Yorick wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 4:52 pm
Yorick wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 4:57 pm Swam 600m today. Not bad for first time in a big pool in 5 years.
Aimed for 400 but kept going.
Had to stop at 600m as eyes hurting. Bloody agony now :(
Got to 600m quite easily today. Was aiming for 700m but felt good so pushed on to 800m.
Might have managed a bit more but didn't want to raise the bar too high for next time ;)

According to big clock I was doing about 1m 12s per pair of 25m lengths.
Last pair I gave it some and sprinted and splashed to 58s.

Then i was knackered :D
Upped it to 1,000m today and was quite easy.
Much more comfortable now I have a decent mask to stop my eyes stinging.

Only problem was shortness of breath. Always been a good swimmer but perhaps not getting enough oxygen in by sideways breathing. Might get a snorkel and see if that helps.

My arms feel as if they've done nothing. 4 or 5 hours enduro every week has certainly beefed them up :D
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Pasty production delayed owing to the blow-out lunch I just had.
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

Totally random memory that I thought to share...

The Meals On Wheels truck - do you remember that? It drove around locally dropping off hot meals to old people. It stunk like school dinners and while the food was probably no better there's no service like that now, it's been privatised. Now, a friendly man lets himself in with a frozen meal and sticks it in the microwave for you - I've got issues with this. Microwaves destroy certain vitamins (I know K is one of them) so anyone who only eats things from a microwave is going to be deficient :thumbdown:

The Meals On Wheels truck :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Edit: It came to mind as I'm wfh and just eaten a full English delivered by Deliveroo :eh:
Lockdown refugee
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Woke up stupid early - didn't sleep well. I know why and I know worrying won't solve anything. But fuck, sometimes it's difficult living alone and a bit isolated :roll:

Anyway. Finished sorting a couple of small packages to post to the uk. Also did a load of paperwork yesterday, mostly to enable me to post stuff to official places!!

Packed my rucksack for tomorrow (and another bag with a couple of towels in cos hospital towels are made for midgets or children, not chubby birds :roll: )

I also packed a back up bag that I'm leaving in the apartment by the door. I have a key safe outside, so if I do happen to have to stay longer than the expected 1 (or 3) nights I have a bag that someone can just come and get for me. If I can find anyone willing to drive an hour to get it and then two hours to the hospital :(

I've packed the rucksack to last me till Tuesday (hospital, so don't need much! LOL More about needing stuff to keep me occupied!! :lol: This time I'll not have arm mobility problems!!).

If I can't walk with one stick by Saturday morning, I suspect I have to stay until Tuesday because I doubt they'll book a medical transport taxi on a Sunday or a bank holiday. And if I can't walk with one stick, I can't come home cos the only other option is a wheelchair and that doesn't work for where I live!!

Off to the post office in a bit - we're clouded out at the mo, so can't even take a look at the view en route :( :( :( Then probably do some more 'stuff' here to keep occupied for the day whilst waiting for the hospital to tell me what time I have to arrive tomorrow :o :o :o
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Trinity765 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:44 am Totally random memory that I thought to share...

The Meals On Wheels truck - do you remember that? It drove around locally dropping off hot meals to old people. It stunk like school dinners and while the food was probably no better there's no service like that now, it's been privatised. Now, a friendly man lets himself in with a frozen meal and sticks it in the microwave for you - I've got issues with this. Microwaves destroy certain vitamins (I know K is one of them) so anyone who only eats things from a microwave is going to be deficient :thumbdown:

The Meals On Wheels truck :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Edit: It came to mind as I'm wfh and just eaten a full English delivered by Deliveroo :eh:
Microwave cooking can affect food but so do other cooking methods, is there any scientific testing (not paid for by a different supplier) that says microwaves are worse?
https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying- ... ct-on-food
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Had a tooth prepped for a crown to be fitted. Turned out the decay was worse than the x-ray had shown and there isn't really enough tooth left to securely bond a crown too, but we're going to try. Oh, and expect pain for a few days and get painkillers in my system before the injection wears off. If it continues to be painful for say 6-7 days get back in touch, but 2-3 days is normal. :wtf: Suffice to say I don't have a great deal of confidence in the new Dentist! :think:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Got to be at the hospital at 9am tomorrow.

Can't eat after midnight, can have one cup of coffee before 7am and water before then, nothing after!

Got to have the shower in weird antiseptic stuff tonight and again in the morning.

Here's hoping that the op is also early. I'll be even more stressed (if that's possible) if I have to sit around waiting :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Failed to find my bearing puller/removal kit. This means a trip to the loft-of-plenty! :thumbup:

wull

Post by wull »

Finished work early to take the car for it’s mot, sitting waiting the now with a brew. Happy days!
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

wull wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 2:43 pm Finished work early to take the car for it’s mot, sitting waiting the now with a brew. Happy days!
You spelled beer wrong.
wull

Post by wull »

Haven’t had a drink since 2007, couldn’t handle the hangovers any more, could have 4 beers and literally be dying the next morning,
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

wull wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:06 pm Haven’t had a drink since 2007, couldn’t handle the hangovers any more, could have 4 beers and literally be dying the next morning,
I always assumed you'd had a couple of Stella's before your rides from watching the vids 😂
wull

Post by wull »

weeksy wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:11 pm
wull wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:06 pm Haven’t had a drink since 2007, couldn’t handle the hangovers any more, could have 4 beers and literally be dying the next morning,
I always assumed you'd had a couple of Stella's before your rides from watching the vids 😂
😂